The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio One with Behringer X32 Rack and Studio Live 32
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Studio One with Behringer X32 Rack and Studio Live 32

I know this is a very (too) specific issue/question but I thought I'd post it to see what ideas, thoughts and feedback I'd receive...

I currently use Studio Pro 4.5 as my main DAW connected to a Studio Live 32 board and it works flawlessly. I also have a "sub DAW" comprised of a Behringer X32 Rack and controlled by the X32 Windows app (in another monitor on my main studio PC - which is an I7 Quad core).

The X32 is used mainly for drums and modular keyboards which I mix down to a stereo output and run into the Live 32.

Here is what I would like to do... It would be awesome if I could get ALL the IO from the X32 and Live 32 into Studio One but alas, I can only get one at a time. This would allow me to setup plugins for effects on individual drums all from Studio One. I have heard of people using ASIO4All to get access to multiple audio sources from different companies but I do not want to loose my Live 32 control surface.

Has anyone tried a setup like this with audio devices from different companies piped into Studio One while still being able to use one as a Control Surface?

Thanks In Advance!

-Jeff
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscientist View Post
Here is what I would like to do... It would be awesome if I could get ALL the IO from the X32 and Live 32 into Studio One... but I do not want to loose my Live 32 control surface.
Hey Jeff, I just happened to see this request/question.

It'll cost ~$600 to get a MOTU M64 MADI USB interface, and another ~$180 to get a MADI expansion card for your X32.

What you get for all that money is a way of connecting both mixers, (the X32 via MADI and the Live 32 via AVB) into a single USB 2.0 port of the computer of your choice. All channels will be visible to DAW as inputs and outputs, so it'll be just what you need.

Accomplishing this same connectivity via software-only seems like a victory that neither system is going to help to happen. I haven't researched the limits of WDM, WASAPI, WaveRT, but I think the high channel count you want won't be possible any other way. It'll save you a lot of money if I'm wrong, so in that respect, I'm hoping I'm wrong.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search