The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Effect affecting other channels
Old 9th October 2019
Here for the gear

Effect affecting other channels

Hello everyone,
I'll get straight to it.
I have a weird problem with studio one that I've been noticing recently. Sometimes when I add an effect directly to one of my vocal channels, it begins to affect other channels in a very low volume. I can hear it even when the affected channel is mute sometimes. But when I solo the channel it the effect, the effect on the affected channel disappears. I really need help here. It makes my whole mix sound muddy as hell. Anyone?
Old 9th October 2019
Here for the gear

I forgot to mention. It is Studio one 4. The last effect I used is the Valhalla delay and reverb plugins. And it was applied on the backing vocals but affected the lead vocal transparently. In a way
Old 13th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khariis View Post
I forgot to mention. It is Studio one 4. The last effect I used is the Valhalla delay and reverb plugins. And it was applied on the backing vocals but affected the lead vocal transparently. In a way
Console shaper with crosstalk enabled?
Old 14th October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Console shaper with crosstalk enabled?
Console shaper? I've seen it enabled somewhere around but I dont even know what it does so i left it alone. That's the culprit isnt it.
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Console shaper? I've seen it enabled somewhere around but I dont even know what it does so i left it alone. That's the culprit isnt it.
Yes, probably - it’s called ‘Mix FX’ and you enable/disable at the top of bus channel strips. Check your main output channel first. It’s designed to emulate the drive, channel spill (crosstalk) and noise of analogue mixers and it operates throughout the whole mix engine.
Old 14th October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Yes, probably - it’s called ‘Mix FX’ and you enable/disable at the top of bus channel strips. Check your main output channel first. It’s designed to emulate the drive, channel spill (crosstalk) and noise of analogue mixers and it operates throughout the whole mix engine.
Holy Shmoly you're right. You're a God sir
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello everyone,
I'll get straight to it.
I have a weird problem with studio one that I've been noticing recently. Sometimes when I add an effect directly to one of my vocal channels, it begins to affect other channels in a very low volume. I can hear it even when the affected channel is mute sometimes. But when I solo the channel it the effect, the effect on the affected channel disappears. I really need help here. It makes my whole mix sound muddy as hell. Anyone?
youve got your mix fx turned on.
creates crosstalk ala some custom handwired mixing consoles.
just turn it off.

it WILL change your mix, if you are already finished mixing.
Old 15th October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsbrew View Post
youve got your mix fx turned on.
creates crosstalk ala some custom handwired mixing consoles.
just turn it off.

it WILL change your mix, if you are already finished mixing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search