The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Isolating Vocals?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Isolating Vocals?

Hello! I'm in the process of setting up a home studio. At present I have a Rode NT1A mic connected to a Behringer 1002fx mixer which then connects via line in to my PC. Everything works fine and I've been using Audacity just to find my feet and record a few basic tracks but have now taken the step into Studio One Prime. It's obviously taking a bit of time to get my head around everything but so far I'm enjoying the learning experience of it. My question is, when recording should I be isolating my vocals from the backing track in order to mix later and if so how do I go around this? I have headphones connected to the mixer and can hear both the backing track and my voice and at the moment when I'm recording it's creating a track which contains both the music and my vocals. Do I need to be isolating the vocals at all or is my current setup adequate? Any advice and help would be really appreciated. Thank you!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
just looked at the manual for your mixer. Look at page 10, especially the bold paragraph at the end of that page.

But at some point, you are going to want a real interface.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search