The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Is Offline Activation needed if you lose Internet connection?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Is Offline Activation needed if you lose Internet connection?

I've got a move coming up and am concerned about my two main machines in case there's any Internet loss while I'm getting back up to speed. I'd heard S1 won't call home if you use Offline activation but when I tried switching from regular to Offline there were a few problems (surely pilot error!) .

I removed one Activation and it said "removed" and starting S1 showed the activation choices. I copied the 16-digit serial and pasted it in at Presonus website but tne next page says "{"message":"Access Denied"}". Then I check online activation and my machine is stil listed activated online after I'd removed it, but re-activating online worked.

I'm really liking Studio One and it's probably a great time to be offline for a while anyway with all the videos and some time on my hands.

So advice is much appreciated!

Last edited by JoeyM; 2 weeks ago at 10:22 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Don't know if you figured this out yet but there is no need to deactivate if you want to go offline.... it will still work fine when you unplug. Just plug back in when/if you need/want to update.

You can also have up to 5 (I think - maybe it's 3) simultaneous activations so there really is nothing to worry about.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsbb View Post
Don't know if you figured this out yet but there is no need to deactivate if you want to go offline.... it will still work fine when you unplug. Just plug back in when/if you need/want to update.

You can also have up to 5 (I think - maybe it's 3) simultaneous activations so there really is nothing to worry about.
Right on!

While awaiting an answer, I did make offline files to be on the safe side, but yeah, it's worth mentioning how much I like the 5-license allocation as it takes a lot of stress off my mind. It's doubtful I'll ever use more than 3 but that leaves significant leg room.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search