The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Collapse dual-mono vocal track so Melodyne can edit?
Old 27th September 2019
Lives for gear

Collapse dual-mono vocal track so Melodyne can edit?

I imported some FLAC stems originating in Reaper, and the vocal tracks are dual mono. Selecting a piece shows any reference to Melodyne as greyed-out.

I was hoping I could right-click that track and tell it to collapse/convert to mono and then edit with Melodyne Assistant, which is still mono. But I'm not seeing a way to mono.

This is the kind of question that really helps a brother out, if anyone knows or otherwise what you'd do
Old 27th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
I imported some FLAC stems originating in Reaper, and the vocal tracks are dual mono. Selecting a piece shows any reference to Melodyne as greyed-out.

I was hoping I could right-click that track and tell it to collapse/convert to mono and then edit with Melodyne Assistant, which is still mono. But I'm not seeing a way to mono.

This is the kind of question that really helps a brother out, if anyone knows or otherwise what you'd do
What's a dual mono track?

If it's a mono track that is rendered into a stereo track then just select "split into mono"

OR

select only the stereo track and mixdown/render into a mono track within your session.

PS,, what DAW are you using?
Old 28th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTheLine View Post
What's a dual mono track?

If it's a mono track that is rendered into a stereo track then just select "split into mono"

OR

select only the stereo track and mixdown/render into a mono track within your session.

PS,, what DAW are you using?
Latest S1 Pro on Windows 10, but I'm easily a newb. Somehow I was able to get this into Melodyne and it worked! So if it's mono overall it works.

Now how did I do that? I don't know actually. I hope that wasn't an insult as to what DAW I'm using, because I don't have the need to use Melodyne for everything and even so it was a present last Christmas I appreciated.
Old 28th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Latest S1 Pro on Windows 10, but I'm easily a newb. Somehow I was able to get this into Melodyne and it worked! So if it's mono overall it works.

Now how did I do that? I don't know actually. I hope that wasn't an insult as to what DAW I'm using, because I don't have the need to use Melodyne for everything and even so it was a present last Christmas I appreciated.
My bad, I see this is posted in studio one forum.

Glad you found a way to make it work. I tried melodyne but hated it. Hope it works well for you
Old 28th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTheLine View Post
My bad, I see this is posted in studio one forum.

Glad you found a way to make it work. I tried melodyne but hated it. Hope it works well for you
What is it about it you don't like? Navigation? I hated that. But one Johnny Geib video was so good to me. I couldn't believe how easy it was and especially having smaller pieces to modify at a time.

But yeah I go back a ways using DAWs like ProTools for 3 years 20 years ago in college and even Cakewalk before that.

I don't know what I did to get into Melodyne though, I should click slower
Old 28th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
What is it about it you don't like? Navigation? I hated that. But one Johnny Geib video was so good to me. I couldn't believe how easy it was and especially having smaller pieces to modify at a time.

But yeah I go back a ways using DAWs like ProTools for 3 years 20 years ago in college and even Cakewalk before that.

I don't know what I did to get into Melodyne though, I should click slower
Im sure there are ways around the issues I had.

One was that even when I would cut up an audio melyodyne would still want to open the whole file. this is an issue when working with live recording that can be 2 hours long. There is probably a way to chop up an audio file and give each section a unique name so melodyne only opens that section up in the editor but I never took the time to find out.

the other is was Melodyne constantly pausing playback in my DAW when it wants to autosave ever few minutes.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search