The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Touch Display vs Pen Tablet Display for S1
Old 26th September 2019
Lives for gear

Touch Display vs Pen Tablet Display for S1

(I posted this on Music Computers subforum but here is more relevant and I could really do with some advice sooner rather than later as I've found some good deals. )

There's the Huion and XP Pen brands that offer tablet displays for a lot less than Wacom....but still more expensive than touch displays. I suspect the cost is related to the pressure sensitivity, which is not needed here.

I'm dubious abut the accuracy of finger touch for DAW use as there are a lot of tiny buttons to click on... so I've been thinking about a pen tablet display.

I know you can use a stylus on touch screens but is that going to be accurate enough?

The pen tablet screens cost quite a bit more but I suspect they will be better for those busy DAW GUIs with their tiny buttons. Anyone with experience ?

Looking at 22-24 inch size displays for using with Studio One.
Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search