The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Setting Up Outputs Correctly
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Setting Up Outputs Correctly

Ok, this may seem like a simple question but I am having trouble setting up my outputs correctly. I have an SSL Madixtreme 128 card with 16 channels of SPL Madison conversion on the first side of 64 and 32 channels of Ferrofish A32 conversion on the second. I use a summing mixer, 8 buss outputs (1-8 out of the SPL and Studio One), Switchcraft 9625 dsub patchbays and many inserts to use my outboard gear. I mix to tape.

Mo matter what I do, I cannot seem to get only what I want to come from outputs 1 and 2. In other words I want say only the drums to go to 1 and 2 outputs and guitars 3 and 4. Well, everything goes out of 1 and 2 regardless of other sends. I believe I have the outputs correctly cascaded to represent the 2 different sets of 64 channels on the Madixtreme card, I have both stereo ins and outs as well as mono for every channel working except for 1 and 2 and I finally have everything else lined up.

I get it that Studio One defaults to have 1 and 2 be the master stereo out but why can I not assign individual things to that instead of EVERYTHING coming out from there.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Ok, I feel dumb but I just saw above the fader the main assignment.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by skythemusic View Post
Ok, I feel dumb but I just saw above the fader the main assignment.

Don't feel bad. It took me a whole day and a question here to figure out where to find the output assignments
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
Don't feel bad. It took me a whole day and a question here to figure out where to find the output assignments
Thanks. This is the first time I've set up multiple outputs. Think I have a handle on it now. So many options and with so many outputs and numbers it gets a little wacky for sure.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search