The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Need help in Studio One 4 pro - track data vanishes
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Need help in Studio One 4 pro - track data vanishes

I have been using Studio One (4, professional) for a while now and have a recurring problem. I "save" often during the recording process and always at the end of a session. Way too often, when I return to the song, one or more tracks are there but with no data (music) in them. The track is there with the name but empty. It is a real pain to try to recreate or find the missing info, and recreate the tempo changes etc. I have searched Google, the Presonus questions section, and the Presonus forum and get zero responses to this problem, so I'll try here.
Anyone else have this happen or know a solution?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

It sounds weird.

Does it ask you to locate the missing audio files?
Or just opens normally with no dialogue boxes, just empty audio parts in the timeline?

Where do your audio recordings get written to?
Are you renaming folders?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Sometimes it asks to locate the missing files but does not provide a clue where to look. Sometimes the track that I have spent hours on just comes up empty. The track and the name are there but it is empty. I have for totally for sure saved. When I reopen the program & song that data is gone from the track(s).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You must be moving the files after recording, or renaming them/the folder they're in.
Those are the only conditions I've seen/heard under which files have loaded empty in a project.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search