The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
X-Touch Mix Remap/Template for your enjoyment!
Old 24th July 2019
Lives for gear

X-Touch Mix Remap/Template for your enjoyment!

When I first got the x-touch, I made a map more to see how it was done than to achieve anything specific - it was too complicated and based on imagined workflow rather than actual workflow.

I've made a couple of maps since then, the most recent posted here was close to what I wanted but I hadn't solved some of the problems inherent in the way some Studio One features are implemented.

You can get trapped in the Arrange Section and Marker Tracks for example when making macros, and some commands are not implemented at all such as being able to select a group with anything other than a mouse.

The map is designed around a particular workflow and window layout, so describing it only with words or command lists is not that informative, it makes more sense when you see the context.

'Less eyes, more ears' is the approach.
One of the best sonic upgrades you can get, and it's free!

The basic philosophy is to remove the S1 DAW mixer from the equation, as a reliance on it is the main factor in preventing a truly more console-like experience with a hardware controller.

This map will work with any controller that uses the Mackie Control protocol in Studio One.

You don't need a hardware controller to make use of many of the macros and ideas in the remap though, there are some handy features which for me should have been default behaviour, but the strength of Studio One is that it lets you redefine default behaviours and customise them in lots of interesting ways.

All the final files will be uploaded soon

Last edited by Quetz; 31st July 2019 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: Updated
Old 7th August 2019
Lives for gear

The map is done and ready and all files and macros are collated, I'm just finishing a short vid to make it easy for people to see what it actually does before they commit to trying it.

I think getting rid of the S1 mixer from your working environment is a really important step to using an MCU device to its full potential, and that's really what this map and associated S1 setup helps you do (if you want).

I know I've achieved what I want when working on a project is more hassle when the X-Touch isn't fired up.

I'm going to be really interested to see if people love this approach, hate it or are completely indifferent.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search