The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Midi Activity Display (Notes/Chords) ala LPX?
Old 13th July 2019
Lives for gear

Midi Activity Display (Notes/Chords) ala LPX?

Hi guys,

Just demoing Studio One here and absolutely loving (LOVING!) the arrangement tools for the writing/arranging process (Markers to arrangement track? Amazing. Best implementation I've ever seen. Great for arranging improvisations etc.) and just wondering if there's something similar to Logic Pro's midi activity display that can show you the (midi) chords you're playing in real time?

I've got the simple chords down but I really like the display to quickly help me along with inversions etc.

Cheers!

R.
Attached Thumbnails
Midi Activity Display (Notes/Chords) ala LPX?-screen-shot-2019-07-13-20.20.01.png  
Old 14th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Betsey View Post
Hi guys,

Just demoing Studio One here and absolutely loving (LOVING!) the arrangement tools for the writing/arranging process (Markers to arrangement track? Amazing. Best implementation I've ever seen. Great for arranging improvisations etc.) and just wondering if there's something similar to Logic Pro's midi activity display that can show you the (midi) chords you're playing in real time?

I've got the simple chords down but I really like the display to quickly help me along with inversions etc.

Cheers!

R.
Is this what you're saying at 2:40 or thereabouts?

Agreed, Studio One is very cool
Old 14th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
Is this what you're saying at 2:40 or thereabouts?

Agreed, Studio One is very cool
Oh that's amazing. Thanks Joey!

And it's even better as you can easily play in a chord and then pop through the different types/variations of the chord so quickly too.

One thing that would be great (for me) is if they also had a preference (again ala LPX) that maybe added a small chord "reader" (Is that what one would call it?) to, say, the transport bar so you could very quickly see what chord you're playing without having to open any other windows etc.

Thanks again for the heads up!

R.

P.S. Not knowing much theory (at all) I love having the visuals of the Circle 5ths right there in the Chord selector too.
Old 14th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh that's amazing. Thanks Joey!

And it's even better as you can easily play in a chord and then pop through the different types/variations of the chord so quickly too.

One thing that would be great (for me) is if they also had a preference (again ala LPX) that maybe added a small chord "reader" (Is that what one would call it?) to, say, the transport bar so you could very quickly see what chord you're playing without having to open any other windows etc.

Thanks again for the heads up!

R.

P.S. Not knowing much theory (at all) I love having the visuals of the Circle 5ths right there in the Chord selector too.
That is a decent idea, because all you need to monitor are what takes up much less of the space of the chord wheel.
And thanks right back for mentioning Markers to arrangement track, because there's still a harvest of goodies in field of audio You brought that out of me

* PM sent because I have no idea how long some authorised dealers have the sale going (if it helps).
Old 14th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
That is a decent idea, because all you need to monitor are what takes up much less of the space of the chord wheel.
And thanks right back for mentioning Markers to arrangement track, because there's still a harvest of goodies in field of audio You brought that out of me

* PM sent because I have no idea how long some authorised dealers have the sale going (if it helps).
Cheers Joey!

Yea there are some great deals on it at the moment but I'm mid-project and just having a tinker while I should really be finishing up what I've already got in process. Not the time to be diving head-deep into a new DAW but some of the features really looked great so thought I'd spend the weekend in discovery mode. Will definitely definitely look into it again towards the end-of-year sales though.

Seems like a really great meeting point between Logic Pro X (my writing DAW) and (my recording DAW) Pro Tools!

R.
Old 14th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cheers Joey!

Yea there are some great deals on it at the moment but I'm mid-project and just having a tinker while I should really be finishing up what I've already got in process. Not the time to be diving head-deep into a new DAW but some of the features really looked great so thought I'd spend the weekend in discovery mode. Will definitely definitely look into it again towards the end-of-year sales though.

Seems like a really great meeting point between Logic Pro X (my writing DAW) and (my recording DAW) Pro Tools!

R.
Thanks a million for your understanding Ol' Betsey. I'm just a creative type more than any business knowledge so when I see a good sale I run around screaming like a 4-year old seeing the ice cream truck .

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search