The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Would trials on addons/plugins be a good idea?
Old 10th July 2019
Lives for gear

Would trials on addons/plugins be a good idea?

I mean, does console shaper work on 3rd party DAWs anyway? No. And what use is Editor XT to any other DAW? It isn't. And figuring the content included with S1 is encrypted.. sure that doesn't count unless there were also trials for new libraries...

But I'd run Editor XT for 30 days as a trial, and like other trials out there if my workload is small I could do what I needed to and be done with it (like the Melodyne Studio trial), and if I need to do that all the time I could pay to "own" it. I mean, Presonus is already setup for trial modes left and right.

It's also good to know it can get you out of a pinch if someone who owns the plugins sends you a project and you need the plugs to run before you part with the cash. It's demo heaven in a way and I fail to see where it wouldn't lead to more $ales for Pre$onu$.

For all I know someone has already suggested it (I never go to the official forum but could be persuaded ). But make sense to me. Presonus should trust us to borrow stuff.
Old 10th July 2019
Well alot of them DO have demos. I don't buy things unless I can hear them first. Look at Chicken Systems Translator.. The reviews of that thing are all over the place, and the 'demo' on the website doesn't do anything at all. I have a friend that owns it and no it turns out it does not work anything as flawlessly as it says it does, in fact what I needed it for required converting an entire library into one format, just so I could cleanly convert it into the supposedly 100% supported format I actually wanted. No way in hell I would even think about dropping $150 on a piece of software like that. It does not function as advertised. Ive already done that way too many times before and Im not doing it ever again. I don't even buy sample packs anymore unless I can get a good chunk of samples to hear beforehand. Not about to drop $50 for a 4gb disc where I might use 10 samples from the whole thing. Ill just make my own at that point.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search