The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Device block size confusion
Old 8th July 2019
Here for the gear

Device block size confusion

When I go to S1 4 audio settings, select Focusrite control panel and select any of the buffer sizes, for example 256, then S1 shows device block size "8 samples". If I change device block size directly from S1 I can only select 8, 24, 40, 56, 72, 88, 104, 120, 136, 152, 168, 184, 200, 216, 232, 248, 264, 280 and so on. Where are the usual 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 and 1024? These numbers I can select from S1 are really wierd. If I choose for example 248 from S1 settings, then Focusrite control panel shows 248 also. Does anyone know what's going on?
Old 5th August 2019
Lives for gear

That is weird.

I never saw those kinds of numbers for my old focusrite interface (6i6 2nd gen) and don't see them for the audient either.

I've only ever seen the usual suspects sample number-wise.

I can't help sorry but I'm interested to see what is going on there.
Old 5th August 2019
Here for the gear

Any idea what is going on?
Old 5th August 2019
Lives for gear

Zero.

Have you tried a google search to see if it's come up with anyone else?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Same here with a 6i6 2nd gen. I hit up Focusrite support about it and the responded that they’re aware of it and working on a solution.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I see the same thing, 18i20 2nd gen using the latest Focusrite software.

I just set the Device Block Size to 8 and then don't touch it again. I would assume you can choose a higher value if you need more buffering.

Then, go to the Processing tab and set the desired dropout protection, which sets the Process Block size, say 64 for "Minimum" or 128 for "Low".

I can then configure the Focusrite interface to match, using its preferences app for 64 or 128 respectively, and everything works.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search