The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Presonus support sucks
Old 1st July 2019
Here for the gear

Presonus support sucks

Presonus support sucks and I would like to get that out there.
I get only the same guy who is called XXX and I put his name out there on purpose because I believe that he is bad at his job.
However I also believe that Presonus is following metrics like "time of close" on a case. Which mean that the employees are incentivized to close cases as quickly as possible.

I say that because he will close my case when I don't even have time to respond, like a day to get on my mail and give feedback. Then I would have to open a "follow up" case. He wouldn't read the previous exchange making every step a hassle.

When a legitimate problem is found, it gets sent to "QA" and then you'll see if it gets fixed in the future maybe in the release notes, thanks and go away!

I tried to raise the issue in presonus forum to try to get a helpful response from them first, and they removed the post and threatened to ban me.
I'm usually very patient in this kind of thing because I do some advanced support too, and I know it can be frustrating to deal with problems all day. But I also know when I bull****ted.

Maybe it will just help me vent. Maybe some of you will find the story relatable. At least may it be a warning if you are right now comparing DAWs.

Last edited by LameSpirale; 3rd July 2019 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: see comment below
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear

Are you talking about studio one ?
I have been using studio 4.5 for almost a month now and found a lot of bugs .
The majority of them have been confirmed by the user community .
The thing is , you don't always need to send a ticket , it's best to describe your bug on the forum so it gets noticed by a beta tester who will then confirm and send it over to hamburg HQ's
Although it doesn't hurt to raise a support ticket yourself .

But I agree , there is not really a lot of transparancy , also been using renoise tracker for over 10 years and the difference is night wand day .
The developer just hangs out on the forum , but I gues that's the difference between independent and semi-big companies
Old 3rd July 2019
Here for the gear

So I got a message from a presonus tech support manager today. They slightly threatened me to take action against me if I didn't remove the name of the agent.
I don't exactly know what they would plan to do. I suppose they could remove my licence or something, and I would need to switch DAW, which at this point is not necessarily a bad move.

I asked to be switched to another agent, and as they accepted, I removed the name of the agent. I don't have anything personal against him and don't want to affect his carreer or anything, I just would like to talk to somebody else (I had opened 9 cases, and all managed by him), and that's how it should happen for me now going forward.

It's too bad, because I still think that Studio one is a good DAW. It's those damn support metrics. People higher up want to see that the cases are solved quickly. So there is probable a metric on how long the case is opened. So what do the support people do ? They force close every case to have good metrics ...

Will keep you updated going forward of the situation.
Old 3rd July 2019
Gear Maniac

My experience with Presonus support is okay but sometimes it takes a few days, they're not that quick.
For me the very best is Novation with live chat possibility, once the guy from the helpdesk was chatting with me for almost 50 minutes and at the end of the day he send a little clip about some settings of the Ultranova into my mail.
Really great how they support their customers.
Old 3rd July 2019
Here for the gear

I am having huge issues with Presonus support - I am based in the UK, support is only available for US customers. The UK support number is just the distro company.

I'm using the SL 32R as a soundcard in my studio. I brought the unit as it had so many inputs and outputs which seemed perfect as I have a lot of synths, drum machines and FX units.
I use Ableton Live as my DAW and whilst the inputs are not a problem, I'm struggling to send signals via Ableton out of the SL 32r outputs to my hardware equipment FX units.

This issue has been going on for some months now, I have read lots posts of the Presonus forum but none I have come across have help me understand what I need to do

Can anyone shed light on this?!
Old 4th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elseven View Post
I am having huge issues with Presonus support - I am based in the UK, support is only available for US customers. The UK support number is just the distro company.
You don't have a support number. I'm not in the US and do have support.
It's all by the site support.presonus.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search