The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Crossgrade anything to Studio One 4.5 Pro for $199
Old 23rd June 2019
Lives for gear

Crossgrade anything to Studio One 4.5 Pro for $199

Or, musicality loves company

Until July 6th, you can crossgrade any DAW to StudioOne Pro's latest. I don't profit whether the world beats a path to Presonus's doorstep or not, but that is one heck of a good deal.

PluginBoutique and also audiocomputergear on eBay, my favorite, as it has a Make Offer button and he always went a hair lower.

In conclusion it seems to me StudioOne is a steal at $199, just ripping off the man . But development has never been better and the last update proved it.

* So what's in it for me? This soapbox to begin to persuade the powers that be, the benefits of making EditorXT severely reduced price or free altogether.
Old 23rd June 2019
If I hadn't already bought it, this avid nonsense would sure have me buying it right now.
Old 30th June 2019
The avid nonsense has pushed me to demoing S1, loving it, and buying it.

Can't wait to get my next project going in it.
Old 1st July 2019
Gear Addict

I had been trying the demo but I broke out the credit card and bought it today.

I got a nice surprise. Apparently there has been an additional incentive running that ends today that includes a free CTC-1 console shaper plugin. This is an addon to their version of Heat that PT has.

I'm liking Presonus more and more each day!
Old 1st July 2019
Gear Guru

about to try demo as i only have hours before my extortion / annual perpetual payment to Avid is due ... i have old SO Artist version .. minimal experience with it .. but very open now to alternatives ...

Q: and thx in advance .. can you control the input gain of a BabyFace Pro from the INput Gain in SO 4.5 ... just watching video on 4.5 features ..

it works unexpectedly in Logic ....

cheers john
Old 7th July 2019
Gear Nut

ahh shoot i missed this. DOes anyone know if the $60 Reaper license qualifies for the crossgrade?
Old 7th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lossleader View Post
ahh shoot i missed this. DOes anyone know if the $60 Reaper license qualifies for the crossgrade?
Yes it did for me a while back. I'll add, Reaper and Studio One are PERFECT together for many reasons. One being Reaper can use Melodyne and Studio One is heavy with onboard instruments and synths etc, mostly very good ones.

Perfect match.
Old 13th July 2019
Gear Maniac

I made this jump, fuming over avid yet once again. Been on pt from pt6!
Best move I have made in years.
S1 just clicks with the way my brain works, more so than pro tools ever did.
Demo for one day, purchased s1 pro crossgrade the next.
So done with avid, that daw will be frozen at where ever it is when my subscription runs out.
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
Yes it did for me a while back. I'll add, Reaper and Studio One are PERFECT together for many reasons. One being Reaper can use Melodyne and Studio One is heavy with onboard instruments and synths etc, mostly very good ones.

Perfect match.
Just a head's up in case you're unawares: Melodyne integrates into S1 in a really neat way where you can go back and remove the edits from the wave form. Really slick.
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaaron View Post
Just a head's up in case you're unawares: Melodyne integrates into S1 in a really neat way where you can go back and remove the edits from the wave form. Really slick.
Thanks 'cause I was unawares. Last Black Friday sale I upgraded Melodyne to Assistant and hope to go one higher this year. It's been nice learning Melodyne this way.

And as a side note, I wish Melodyne could sort polyphonic MIDI out in realtime so I could have a "Free" guitar-to-MIDI.
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks 'cause I was unawares. Last Black Friday sale I upgraded Melodyne to Assistant and hope to go one higher this year. It's been nice learning Melodyne this way.

And as a side note, I wish Melodyne could sort polyphonic MIDI out in realtime so I could have a "Free" guitar-to-MIDI.
Yeah guitar to midi is one thing I only have done in Reaper and ...and even then too laggy for monitoring. I'm guessing something like Melodyne would face the same issue.
Old 18th July 2019
Gear Nut

This is getting kind of off topic but do you know about Jam Origin for audio to MIDI?

https://www.jamorigin.com
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah guitar to midi is one thing I only have done in Reaper and ...and even then too laggy for monitoring. I'm guessing something like Melodyne would face the same issue.
Right on, and a search turned up a way in Reaper to use their stuff to at least get monophonic leads to VSTi in "real time" and the example isn't bad!

Quote:
This is getting kind of off topic but do you know about Jam Origin for audio to MIDI?

Sight-unseen I'd buy it just on the glowing review from Sound on Sound, yet I know two people who love it and bought it a while ago. Unfortunately... when I have extra cash it's $30-$50 and rarely $99. So the cost locks me out. They have a special with Guitar and Bass to MIDI for $99 but I'm not friends with any bass players . This may change . Wow I love their licensing too which is any machine you're using as long as it's one at a time. That's a huge one. Previously I thought it was more restrictive.

I noticed MiGiC which is priced easy, but it's not polyphonic yet.

You guys rock for bringing this stuff up; I started guitar age 6 and it's probably the most natural language I speak, so that would be great to start Autumn soon as a more authentic musician than whatever I can play on a keyboard so old it came bundled with Cakewalk for DOS!

Well her's hoping I can swing the Jam Origin

Last edited by JoeyM; 18th July 2019 at 06:58 PM..
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Right on, and a search turned up a way in Reaper to use their stuff to at least get monophonic leads to VSTi in "real time" and the example isn't bad!

Sight-unseen I'd buy it just on the glowing review from Sound on Sound, yet I know two people who love it and bought it a while ago. Unfortunately... when I have extra cash it's $30-$50 and rarely $99. So the cost locks me out. They have a special with Guitar and Bass to MIDI for $99 but I'm not friends with any bass players . This may change . Wow I love their licensing too which is any machine you're using as long as it's one at a time. That's a huge one. Previously I thought it was more restrictive.

I noticed MiGiC which is priced easy, but it's not polyphonic yet.

You guys rock for bringing this stuff up; I started guitar age 6 and it's probably the most natural language I speak, so that would be great to start Autumn soon as a more authentic musician than whatever I can play on a keyboard so old it came bundled with Cakewalk for DOS!

Well her's hoping I can swing the Jam Origin
Thanks for the pointers, guys. I've been meaning to work that out with guitar /bass to midi in a better way also. Had me some fun in Reaper and NI Orchestra with cellos, I believe...but it was a bit choppy at the time. Had to get the intonation right on point or it wouldn't really trigger.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for the pointers, guys. I've been meaning to work that out with guitar /bass to midi in a better way also. Had me some fun in Reaper and NI Orchestra with cellos, I believe...but it was a bit choppy at the time. Had to get the intonation right on point or it wouldn't really trigger.
There's an old trick to get it to track better, using higher register notes and transpose it. That's because the higher frequencies can be recognized quicker and lows take all day to cycle. And certainly why some pitch-to-midi companies haven't finished their bass units yet. They're never going to I'm afraid.

I hate to admit this, but I've had a Roland GK3 pickup, brand new in the box since 2004, and the trouble was I never got an adapter to wire it to an old Kramer Pitchrider (probably 80's) using a multi-conductor cable that was non-Roland. I'd had a Korg Guitar mono synthesizer in the 80s that had hard to use tracking but you can get used to it, especially with a compressor between guitar and unit.

So it's been a long dry season! This is the year!
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Addict

I have a Fishman Triple Play and it tracks pretty good. Takes a little fine tuning to you're specific guitar but after that it's not too bad. It's a little more money but the tracking is better than what I remember when I tried jamorigin.

It's certainly better than my keyboard playing abilities!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Having just bought it finally (and MIDI Bass included with current promotion) I wanted to thank you for bringing that up . My financial life being drought and flood, this has been drought .

But I got to thinking, all those years I played guitar and how much more valuable it is to access all these VSTis from a point of view I understand - and what got into me to keep a worn-out keyboard I couldn't even play Chopsticks properly

I won't start on it for day or two because it was enough to get this far today (chaos) all things considered.
But with the VST plugins they included I thought I'd wonder out loud of you can use it on existing polyphonic guitar tracks as a poor man's Melodyne Editor and get some polyphonic MIDI extraction? Anyone know?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search