The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio One 4 Blacklisted 3rd Party Plugins
Old 6th April 2019
Here for the gear

Studio One 4 Blacklisted 3rd Party Plugins

i tried to reset blacklist in the settings, but still not working ? i'm using mac

... in s1 - 3 it works perfectly
Old 6th April 2019
Here for the gear

When I faced that situation,I figured that the problem was a VPN application I had.I uninstalled it and everything run fine
Old 22nd April 2019
I had the same problem (in my case it was caused when authorisation failed because the iLok wasn't plugged in during startup scan) and after talking to Presonus about it, fixed it by deleting a user preferences file manually. I'll see if I can get the conversation up later and give you the specifics on which folder that is. You lose your custom settings like plugin categories etc but it rescans all plugins properly so you get back the ones that 'fell down the sofa' ha.
Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Head

If you're using a firewall or antivirus software, try to disable it while the scanning in progress. I'm on a mac and disabling the system firewall solved my issue, don't know why...
Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbet View Post
I had the same problem (in my case it was caused when authorisation failed because the iLok wasn't plugged in during startup scan) and after talking to Presonus about it, fixed it by deleting a user preferences file manually. I'll see if I can get the conversation up later and give you the specifics on which folder that is. You lose your custom settings like plugin categories etc but it rescans all plugins properly so you get back the ones that 'fell down the sofa' ha.
Just wanted to add that I would like to try this too
Old 25th July 2020
Gear Head

Im a year late to the party here, but for reference sake if anyone encounters this, I had some Softube plugins that would not work unless I ran Studio One V5 in Compatibility mode for Windows 8. So there's that
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonalDynamics View Post
Im a year late to the party here, but for reference sake if anyone encounters this, I had some Softube plugins that would not work unless I ran Studio One V5 in Compatibility mode for Windows 8. So there's that
After days of looking for a fix this solved my problem with those same plugins. Is there any compromise to the daw performance by running it in compatibility mode?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpromo View Post
After days of looking for a fix this solved my problem with those same plugins. Is there any compromise to the daw performance by running it in compatibility mode?
I found an even better fix, if you have Soundtoys:

Just put an empty EffectRack from ST on any channel, and the all the plugins will work again, takes 0 cpu and no unnecessary hit to performance from compatibility mode (I'm unclear on this as well)

Probably is something to do with loading UI resources or something from the Soundtoys that the Softube for some reason cannot access/load by itself.

Cheers!
📝 Reply