The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
StudioOne3 - Sidechain issue Dynamics Plugins
Old 30th March 2019
Here for the gear

StudioOne3 - Sidechain issue

Hello!
I'm currently using Studio One 3 as my main mixing DAW, and i' m dealing with an issue. When i'm trying to use the sidechain function of any of the plugins i own, it just doesn't work. I'm pretty sure that i do it the right way, also i have tried to switch for pre to post send, but nothing happens.
Just to make things clear, i click on the sidechain button of a compressor on my bass guitar channel, and then on the sends of my kick drum i click on the same compressor in the sidechain section but the compressor seems to behave the same way as it was before sidechaining. Please let me know if anyone have faced the same issue, or if i'm doing something wrong..
Old 4th April 2019
Gear Maniac
Which compressor? Note that, as well as activating the sidechain with the button in the SO plugin frame, in some compressors (e.g. FF Pro-C2) you also have to specify external sidechain within the plugin, and some others (e.g. Kotelnikov, IIRC) simply don't have the functionality, which doesn't prevent SO from showing you the option to send there if the SO sidechain button is activated.
Old 4th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabirio View Post
Which compressor? Note that, as well as activating the sidechain with the button in the SO plugin frame, in some compressors (e.g. FF Pro-C2) you also have to specify external sidechain within the plugin, and some others (e.g. Kotelnikov, IIRC) simply don't have the functionality, which doesn't prevent SO from showing you the option to send there if the SO sidechain button is activated.
Thanks for the reply!
I figured out that it was exactly as you said. I didn't thought that i have to engage external sidechain setting. I'm really happy to have this issue solved, thank you very much for helping me out
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search