The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stuck midi Notes S1 4.1
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Stuck midi Notes S1 4.1

I'm getting stuck midi notes in 4.1 mostly when quantize is on and I'm recording a loop. If I turn quantize off, it still happens but not as much. It usually the first note. Anyway to stop this?

Update: I downgraded to version 4.0 and all is well. There seems to be some issues with 4.1 at least on my PC.
Attached Thumbnails
Stuck midi Notes S1 4.1-s1-stuck-midi-note.jpg   Stuck midi Notes S1 4.1-s1-midi-settings.png  

Last edited by Left Headphone; 1 week ago at 03:41 AM..
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Headphone View Post
I'm getting stuck midi notes in 4.1 mostly when quantize is on and I'm recording a loop. If I turn quantize off, it still happens but not as much. It usually the first note. Anyway to stop this?

Update: I downgraded to version 4.0 and all is well. There seems to be some issues with 4.1 at least on my PC.
Yeah...it's a known issue, and I'm expecting a bugfix for this before Christmas.

If you try and record outside the loop area whist loop mode is activated, notes will jump and extend.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Wow. I put in a support ticket with Presonus about this and they said,
“This may or may not be related to an issue currently being addressed with pre-count and MIDi recording.”
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

It looks we are the only two that have this issue. Presonus informed me that no one else has reported an issue like this.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Headphone View Post
It looks we are the only two that have this issue. Presonus informed me that no one else has reported an issue like this.
The quantise thing is probably just co-incidental in how you discovered the main issue. It may also be a side effect of what is going on because it's related to midi notes in any case. For now though, you can continue to record directly within the bounds of the loop marker, or wait until Presonus release the maintenance update before Christmas which they usually do. It's been 6 weeks since the last one so it's due pretty soon. I only picked up the Studio One 4.1.1 upgrade from 3.5.6, during Black Friday (saved me £81 ), and so it's like a point zero starting point for me with expected bugs.

I've been pre-occupied with other things like GUI development of plugins for example, so have been quite patient, and I'll pick up where I left off in the track I started when the fix is out.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search