The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
User requests for hacked/upgraded Mackie Control
Old 10th October 2018
Lives for gear

User requests for hacked/upgraded Mackie Control for Behringer X Touch

Ok, so I just got an X-Touch Universal, which is awesome.

There are some missing features though in the S1 implementation, and other features that are not present in the original protocol but that I wanted specifically for the way I work.

There is a rather splendid GS user that is helping me to rewrite parts of the XML script that defines MC in Studio One, and so I wanted to field some ideas from users to get some inspiration for what to add/remove/replace from the original spec.

Studio One's MC support section of the reference manual is actually incorrect in a few ways, stating that certain functions don't work when they do, so I've been playing around to see what does actually work, and what doesn't.

As an example, in the View section of the controller, the S1 manual states that the 'Midi' and 'Inputs' buttons don't do anything, when in fact Midi brings up all your VCA channels and Inputs does indeed bring up all your input channels.

Also, they state that the controller layout follows the Remote Bank view when in fact it follows the Master Bank (unless you press 'User;, and then it mirrors the Remote Bank.

These are serious omissions in the documentation because these are incredibly useful features to have!

One thing I got sorted straight away was to reassign the default function of the master fader on the X Touch to control the currently selected channel rather than the main out, which I never touch, as I use an Aux Master setup (all tracks routed to the Aux Master with that Aux then feeding the Main Outs).

Making that one simple change enabled me to get rid of my Faderport, which was basically fulfiling that one duty only.

Non-functioning buttons in the Transport section include 'Nudge', 'Replace', 'Solo' and 'Scrub, and these can all be doubled up using the Shift button.

I really want to be able to implement Chase, so that selecting a channel on the controller brings that channel into view in the S1 console, and vice-versa.
This is not part of the original MC spec, but should be able to be implemented (I hope).
Not having this is why I wanted that 9th fader to control the currently selected channel, whether I could see it in the console/on the controller bank or not.

So, long story short, which new functions would you like to see added or replaced or whatever?

I have a few ideas but I'd like to see what others think would be valuable functions to have, as you may well come up with better ideas than me

Fire away!!
Old 17th October 2018
Lives for gear

Jeez. You really all happy with stock MC functionality?

So far I've only done the basic command key remapping, but it's already a more useful tool.
Old 17th October 2018
Here for the gear
I only saw this thread yesterday and felt bad that no one had piped in, I do use a X-Touch Universal + S1 but can't say I yearn for anything in control, your customisation sound cool though. I guess in my case I just don't know any better to want any better!

My only real nitpick is the global one with MC that the colours aren't supported!
Old 17th October 2018
Lives for gear

For me the biggest PITA is that the X-Touch banks and S1 Console views don't chase each other,
It's SO lame!!
Hence changing the main fader to control the currently selected channel.
My Console 1 and the S1 mixer chase each other, so I reckon it should be possible with a bit of luck to get it working on the X-Touch as well.

Adding cut and paste would be nice but you can only shuttle in bars in S1, so without the fine control of the wheel, it doesn't seem worth it.
I've yet to establish what's really worth having on there.

There is also some weird behaviour in S1 that doesn't seem to have any workaround.
You can't address console channel write automation using macros for example - just doesn't work.
It works for tracks that are in the main track list in the arrange window, but not for their respective channels in the console.
I want my track and channel selections to be perfectly mirrored everywhere, as I rely more on the Inspector for channel viewing - the console stays hidden most of the time.
The Inspector only shows channel details for tracks that are in the Arrange window, it doesn't show anything if you select an aux (bus, fx or vca) channel in the console. Annoying.
There's no simple way to get them there at first look, either.
So I figured out a way to trigger a macro that adds the selected aux track to the main tracklist. One touch, done.
edit: this can actually be done just by ticking the box in options related to adding automation lanes automatically for bus tracks.
My macro was just writing automation on selected bus tracks then undoing and leaving the track clean but now added to the tracklist - automation was the simple key there. But if you haven't done it from the beginning, changing it doesn't add auto tracks for the existing busses and auxes.

There's a 'hard barrier' between the Arranger/Marker tracks and the rest of the tracks in the tracklist.
You can't navigate between them using the keyboard or a controller - you have to do it manually; picking up the mouse and clicking between one set and the other.
No command strings have been provided that allow you to select the marker or arrange tracks, they can only be opened and closed, which doesn't actually select them, therefore you can't select a section either, or gain access to any functions available when a section is selected.
Same goes for markers.
Old 19th October 2018
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

Updated below
Old 27th October 2018
I'm in!
The only thing I would really really love with the x touch is the channel colors
I love the layout of the controller but knowing that the channel strips could get the colors of the studio one program but it doesn't makes me wanna change my x touch for a faderport

Do you think it could be possible since it's only an x air/x32 implemented thing at the moment?
Old 28th October 2018
Ok here's another thing that could bee really useful
When into plug-in mode have the possibility to see plugins list on that channel and open them from the controller

BTW as explained from the original forum is actually possible to change screen colors
Old 29th October 2018
Lives for gear

Give me a link to the colours info.

I'm moving so haven't got time to do more on it right now, but there are still some tweaks to make, and getting colours going dynamically if possible would be great, yeah!
There is a limitation though which is that colours will only work on the main unit, not on any extenders.

The link below is for the latest version of the map, all the files you need, the maplist with notes and instructions for setting it up.

Let me know how it works for you in practice compared to the original, and any improvements you can think of!

Dropbox - X-Touch Remap for Studio One - Simplify your life
Old 29th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
Give me a link to the colours info.
I just saw you are in that same thread, NAMM 2014: Behringer X-TOUCH - Universal Control Surface
the original one with the x touch universal control info and yeah, not having the possibility to change the colors of the extender it real bad
I reed somewhere that behringer is working on an update for the colors through mackie though

Please don't take this the wrong way but having read your explenation on the changed mappings, I don't know if I'd like it 100% or not

Do you think it would be possible to have inserts names on the x touch screens and to open them via x touch? Apart from colors, this is the main reason that stops me from getting an extender already and not buy a faderport 16....(can't stop thinking at the problems with this x touch )
Old 29th October 2018
Lives for gear

There aren't any problems with the X Touch.

What you're asking isn't possible with the Mackie protocol, neither on the X-Touch nor the Faderport 8/16.

It's an outdated protocol anyway, and all MCU devices such as the Faderport 16 and X-Touch are limited by the manufacturers adhering to the original command features.

What you're asking for is only possible by gong in and rewriting javascript and/or adding VS scripts.

If you want to learn how to do that, then feel free

But unless you want to code a whole new protocol, ten we're more or less stuck with the boundaries we're given through using MCU.

The mapping I've done adds a whole host of features that aren't included in the control set as standard, and adds some unique functionality via basic and simple but effective macros.

What didn't you like about the new mapping features?
I'm happy to make changes if you have suggestions for improvements.

ps you can already open the channel editor for the selected channel simply by pressing 'Instr'.
You can then easily switch between devices in the rack by using F7 (on the X Touch, not your computer keyboard) for prev device and F8 for next device.
Or you can press 'Plugin' and have 8 parameters instantly under control using Control Link which you map to the 8 rotaries.
This is quite limited for plugin control, so most people would have a dedicated device for more extensive plug control (I use my Novaton Launchkey 49 controls purely for plug-in control for example).
When you press Instr., the focus will be on the current device shown in the rack, and your midi controller will then actively be controllng that device.
Old 29th October 2018
Lives for gear

For people that don't want to deal with downloading and whatever without any clue to how it functions, here's the text from the Readme:

MAPLIST:

Encoder Assign Section:
Remains the same, except;
'Instr' opens the Channel Editor.

Display buttons (timebase/Alt View):
Remain the same.

Channel Views Section:
All are functioning, contrary to the Ref. manual.
'Midi Tracks' shows VCA channels.
'User' selects the Remote Bank.
'Global View' selects the Masterbank.

Master Fader:
The 9th fader now controls the currently selected channel.

Flip Button = Fader 9 On/Off.

Function Buttons:

F1 = Browse Files (use nav and enter/cancel buttons to
operate within the dialogues, same for all the following):
F2 = Browse FX
F3 = Browse Instruments
F4 = Focus Mixer * (see note below, in Transport section)
F5 = Add Insert
F6 = Add Send
F7 = Previous Device in Rack
F8 = Next Device in Rack

[SHIFT] +

F1 = Zoom to Loop
F2 = Zoom to Selection
F3 = Prev Track/Channel Extend (multi-select) *
F4 = Next Track/Channel Extend "
F5 = Prev Event Extend "
F6 = Next Event Extend "
F7 = Add Aux to Tracklist **
F8 = Open/Close Folder Track

* Extend/multi-select:
Adds tracks/channels and events to the selection.
ie if you have the first event on a track selected, holding shift and
pressing F6 once will keep the first event selected and add the
next event to the selection.
More presses will add-select more events. You can hold down F6
to rapidly add events.
Pressing the relevant opposite control (F5 in this example) will
remove events from the selection in the reverse order they were
added, until only the original event is selected, then the selection
will add again in the new direction. Same for channels.

** Add Aux to Tracklist:
In order to move through a session as seamlessly as possible when often switching focus between different Studio One windows and panels, you need your tracklist in the Arrange window to exactly mirror your master channelset in the Console.
Studio One will only automatically add bus and aux tracks to the main tracklist in the Arrange window if you have checked the relevant option
(described at the beginning of this document).

If you have projects to work on that you started without this box ticked, then use this command to add them quickly.
To operate:
1. Select the bus or aux track that you want to add to the main arrange tracklist.
2. Engage Automation Write on it.
3. Press Shift + F7 to activate the macro.
You will now have those tracks visible in the Arrange tracklist.
(Automation Write will be disengaged afterwards).
At present this only works for one track at a time, but it should be able to work for all selected tracks with a bit of tweaking.

Modify Section:
Shift remains as modifier.

Cmdalt = Toggle Snap
Option = Mute Event/s (Toggle)
Control = Toggle Flip Mode (Faders control pan/sends and vice-versa).

[SHIFT] +
Cmdalt = Duplicate Selected and Insert
Option = Duplicate Selected Track/s
Control = Delete

Automation Section:
Remains the same except:

Group = Add Bus for Selected Channels
[SHIFT] + Group = Add VCA for selected Channels

Utility Section:
Remains the same (Shift + Save = Open 'Save As' Dialogue, Shift + Undo = Redo).

Transport & Nav Sections:
Modified by the Marker & Nudge buttons, which toggle on/off
(press once, press other function keys, then press again to revert to normal).
When either Marker or Nudge (or both) are engaged, their LEDs will be solid on.

[No Modifier]
Transport, Fader & Channel bank, Nav/Zoom all works as normal.
Cycle = Autoscroll on/off
Scrub = Return to Start on Stop on/off
Click = Focus Arrange *
Solo = Focus Editor *

*These two (plus the 'Focus Mixer' command further up the page) don't just open the panel, they force focus to them.
ie if you wanted to toggle autoscroll/Snap for the Editor window but not the Arrange window.
Or you wanted to cycle through events in the Arrange window but not the Editor window.

[Marker On] +
Cycle = Toggle Loop
Drop = Insert Marker
Replace = Create Arrange Sections from Markers
Fader Bank Left = Goto Prev Marker
Fader Bank Right = Goto Next Marker
Channel Left = Goto Previous Section
Channel Right = Goto Next Section
Rew = Set Loop Start
FF = Set Loop End
Rec = Bounce Selection to New Track

[Nudge On] +
Solo = Split at Cursor
Click = Cut
Drop = Copy
Replace = Paste
Scrub = Activate Scrub (when held) *

*'Return to Start on Stop' must be ON for this to function.
The toggle state of 'Return to Start on Stop' (set with Nudge Off) is remembered,
no matter how many times you press and hold the Scrub button with Nudge On.
The mouse is required to scrub with as Studio One only supports jogging by bars.
Old 29th October 2018
Quote:
The mapping I've done adds a whole host of features that aren't included in the control set as s
ps you can already open the channel editor for the selected channel simply by pressing 'Instr'.
You can then easily switch between devices in the rack by using F7 (on the X Touch, not your computer keyboard) for prev device and F8 for next device.
Or you can press 'Plugin' and have 8 parameters instantly under control using Control Link which you map to the 8 rotaries.
This is quite limited for plugin control, so most people would have a dedicated device for more extensive plug control (I use my Novaton Launchkey 49 controls purely for plug-in control for example).
When you press Instr., the focus will be on the current device shown in the rack, and your midi controller will then actively be controllng that device.
I was testing the buttons you specified but later understood you were talking about your mapping lol

Sorry to say here in Italy it's 23.55 and can't check right now what I thought I didn't like about your mapping but will tell you asap tomorrow
And maybe directly give it a try! In case I don't like it, is there any way to get to the default mapping?

P. S. Anyway would be a good idea to write to that guy with colored channel strips. If u don't have time to write to him first, count on me for tomorrow
Old 30th October 2018
Quote:
For people that don't want to deal with downloading and whatever without any clue to how it functions, here's the text from the Readme
Ok, I checked your mapping. I think some buttons would be better this way (it's just ideas hoping they help and don't make you angry haha)

GENERAL THINGS
- flip whould stay flip. It's already there and also close to the control now set as flip
I think it would be better to have control to do the 9th channel/master channel switch
- (WITHOUT MARKER OR NUDGE ENGAGED) I use cycle too much to not have it
- (WITHOUT MARKER OR NUDGE ENGAGED) good idea for the click and solo but would be good to have an un-solo all (solo) and an un-mute all (click) close to each other

OTHER THINGS if x touch used specifically for mixing (which in my case is why I bought it)
- option: personally muting events it's a thing I do during the editing part of mixing so if I start looking at the mixer and working only with it (or with a controller, in this case) I've already muted everything I need to mute. Would be better to live it as an "open preferences" thing, but that maybe is just personal
- group: another thing I prepare before mixing so that may just be me but I don't bus during the mixing phase since I already have created every bus/vca needed. Don't know what could do anyway lol
- intricate ideas for the marker and nudge series but I'll say, I won't use it that much. Again, markers/arranger areas are things I do during editing

Another extra thing: I've mapped to my keyboard buttons to "give marker n°1 a name" (don't remember how it's specifically called but something like that)
Maybe for those who want to access markers from the x touch would be great to use it insted of the only "create marker" on the drop button. You'd need 7 or 8 buttons though...(one for every marker)
Old 30th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyroh View Post
Ok, I checked your mapping. I think some buttons would be better this way (it's just ideas hoping they help and don't make you angry haha)

GENERAL THINGS
- flip whould stay flip. It's already there and also close to the control now set as flip
I think it would be better to have control to do the 9th channel/master channel switch
- (WITHOUT MARKER OR NUDGE ENGAGED) I use cycle too much to not have it
- (WITHOUT MARKER OR NUDGE ENGAGED) good idea for the click and solo but would be good to have an un-solo all (solo) and an un-mute all (click) close to each other

OTHER THINGS if x touch used specifically for mixing (which in my case is why I bought it)
- option: personally muting events it's a thing I do during the editing part of mixing so if I start looking at the mixer and working only with it (or with a controller, in this case) I've already muted everything I need to mute. Would be better to live it as an "open preferences" thing, but that maybe is just personal
- group: another thing I prepare before mixing so that may just be me but I don't bus during the mixing phase since I already have created every bus/vca needed. Don't know what could do anyway lol
- intricate ideas for the marker and nudge series but I'll say, I won't use it that much. Again, markers/arranger areas are things I do during editing

Another extra thing: I've mapped to my keyboard buttons to "give marker n°1 a name" (don't remember how it's specifically called but something like that)
Maybe for those who want to access markers from the x touch would be great to use it insted of the only "create marker" on the drop button. You'd need 7 or 8 buttons though...(one for every marker)
Of course they won't make me angry

First though, I understand where you're coming from when you look at the X Touch as a pure mix device.
But, from my point of view (and this is personal of course), being able to use it as an editing station in addition to a mix controller is where you get your money's worth, imo.

It's precisely at the editing stage where I want the tactile control experience to begin.

That may well be different for you and other users, but you can always tweak the controls - just look at my map as a starting point that you can customise further/move/swap buttons around etc.

When I open a multi-track project, for me the mix process begins there.
YOu can call it the editing process if you like (also true), but that's the point at which I want to start leaving the mouse and keyboard behind wherever possible.
Hence the multi-select, add bus, marker and section navigation, mute options etc. It's very rare that I will leave an arrangement 'as is', so all those functions are super useful to me.
I appreciate if they're not that useful for you in your workflow when using the controller though.

Noted about the Flip button.
I think you're right and I'll swap them over.

I also think you're right about the Cycle (toggle loop) button. I was thinking about this yesterday, and also about having mute/solo all options.
I think they're definitely worth having there so I'll see what could be sacrificed to make room for them.

I have been trying to get a rename function on there, via a macro, but as you pointed out, having to have a separate button for every marker you want to name is not practical.
I want to add a function that allows you to rename the selected track/channel (and markers, and sections).
Haven't put enough time into it yet.
I'm moving in 2 days which is why I don't have time to sort stuff out right now, but I'll implement your suggestions as soon as I get the chance.
Old 30th October 2018
Amazing

And yeah, I understand what you're saying about the editing. I might try to already use the controller in that stage of my mixing too, maybe I'll change my mind

If editing is also part of what you want from it I'll have to recheck your mappings and see if there could be anything to improve. I'll do it later

Anyway, is it possible to remove the mapping eventually? In case I wanna use the original one

Another thing to do that may be difficult but is not really good as it is right now is the sends managing: when you press "Sends" you can see the sends in the selected channel (cool, ok...)
If u wanna see the sends in rows, you have to press it another time, then another, then another... could be useful to move with the arrows up and down instead (since there's no way to go "up" also)

P.S. Background on this. I'm a mapping lover, for djing with traktor I've always ALWAYS remapped everything and always had full controll on whatever I wanted. In that case it was done within traktor itself. How are you doing your mappings? Using scripts? Is there any tutorial? Maybe I could help
Old 7th November 2018
Hey @ Quetz I would really, really like to know how to change the script like you're doing
I eventually understood how to do what I wanted but can control the F buttons only since they're the only ones you can midi map without using the script

How are you doing that?
Old 7th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Anyway, is it possible to remove the mapping eventually? In case I wanna use the original one
For sure.
But before I describe anything, it's important that you understand that different DAWs have different approaches to how accessible they make their map files.

Presonus and Softube are very good at letting you go in and modify stuff easily.

The directions I can give are only going to be relevant to Studio One, which is the daw I use.
If you are not using Studio One, then this info will be of limited value.

You can revert back to your 'vanilla' mapping any time you like.
Back up the original MackieControl.surface file, found in:
Program Files>Presonus>Studio One 'x'>devices>Mackie>Control

All you're doing is replacing that file with an identically named one which contains the new/edited mappings that are unique to the main control unit.

There is also a MackieShared file which contains scripts for features common to both the main unit and extender units, but you don't need to worry about that for the basic remapping that I've done here.

Quote:
How are you doing your mappings? Using scripts? Is there any tutorial?
It's just an xml file, and the control names for each customisable button and LED are listed at the start of the file.
It's nopt only xml though. The .surface file also relies on java scripts, that I know little about at this point in time, and the deeper functionality like the sends tweaks you mentioned are going to need to be addressed via javascript.

There are no tutorials available, so it's just a case of looking at the other .surface files inn the 'devices' folder to see how the things you want to achieve are done, and then applying it to the file for the device/s you have.

Quote:
Hey @ Quetz I would really, really like to know how to change the script like you're doing
I eventually understood how to do what I wanted but can control the F buttons only since they're the only ones you can midi map without using the script

How are you doing that?
All the info and commands you need are in the dropbox folder. I'll link it here again:
Dropbox - X-Touch Remap for Studio One - Simplify your life

You will find a complete list of all the addressable commands in Studio One in the 'Global Mapping Commands' file.

Open up the MackieControl.surface file and just have a look, everything will become much clearer, and you will see how functions can be changed and replaced.

To use the mappings, just cut the existing MackieControl.surface file out of the devices folder and put it somewhere safe as mentioned above, and paste the new one in.

Follow the instructions in the ReadMe to get the simple macros added and then you will have all the functionality described in the maplist in the Readme.

From there you can customise it to suit your own needs.
Make sure you have a logical system for naming known good configurations, and don't make too many changes at once, as it'll be harder to pin down any errors.

Old 6th March 2019
Here for the gear

Hello to all in this thread !

I have X-touch + Extender with Studio One V4 and i would like use your script too (big thx for your time). But I have question...

X-touch works well now... but... except "FADER BANK" changes. I have 16 faders but they move only after 8 tracks :(. I must twice push on the button. I think it's quite important thing when you have more faders (i wanted 24faders for more workflow).

Is it possible to do with scripts or some tips how to do?

Thanks Jan (Greetings from Czech republic.)

PS: Sorry for my english :/.
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Hi Jan,

I've been working solid so sorry for taking so long to reply.

Your English is fine

That's a great idea, I just read your pm as well.

Let me have a play and see if it's a nice easy fix - fingers crossed!
Old 2nd June 2019
Here for the gear

Hello Quetz,

First of all, thank you so much for sharing your hard work with us (I'm sure there are maaany people using you remapping). A few years ago I did sth similar as I had the 'genuine' Mackie MCU Pro and wasn't happy with its S1 implementation). I have now tried X-touch with S1 4.5 and having a lot of basic issues (I wouldn't say it's inconvenient - the default implementation seems simply very buggy).

Main issues:
- Track names / Levels disappear from the LCD display (seems to happen randomly). Trying different Channel View buttons sometimes brings these back.
- Meters doesn't show level when audio in monitoring is enabled - if I disable and reenable monitoring, meters are working
- I have to turn on the X-touch before loading a project in S1 (that wasn't the case with the MCU Pro so it's not only Presonus fault, on the other hand X-touch is working sooo great in Logic X Pro (including many extra features like different text messages being displayed on it e.g. when samples for some VSTi are loading).

Just found this thread and I will be trying your solution now.

PS. Im also a professional software developer, so maybe could help with some ideas requiring JS tweaks? We could setup a GitHub repo for better workflow, history tracking and collaborators handling.
Old 7th June 2019
Lives for gear

Hi there, thanks for the kind words, it was a first attempt so I'm sure there are plenty of ways to improve it!

It can be frustrating when you see the exact same device as you have being implemented in more desirable ways in other software!

If you've got any ideas for expanding the functionality I'm all ears!

Those glitches you've listed are all present on the default mapping, or my one?

I can't say I experienced any of those myself, but they sound consistent with the limitations that come from being in certain view modes, hence why switching views corrects it.
I'll need to double check the metering problem as haven't used audio inputs for an age.
Old 17th June 2019
Here for the gear

Hello at all,
There is one point i do not understand:
Nobody ask for a possibility, to manipulate Plugin settings by knobs AND faders.
For example when i want to control equalizers, wouldn't it be perfect, if it is possible to control the frequenz by knob and the gain by fader.
Therefore my question, for the most Plugins, knobs are too less, isn't it need for a possibility, to use knobs and faders together for controlling plugins.

Kind regards
Klaus
Old 17th July 2019
Here for the gear

I am a little confused.
Is my english so bad, that my comment was misunderstood.
Or is my idea, to use faders and knobs together for control plugins and effects, nonsens and useless?
Maybe someone can give me a feedback.
Kind regards
Old 17th July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausEgon View Post
I am a little confused.
Or is my idea, to use faders and knobs together for control plugins and effects, nonsens and useless?
Kind regards
Good idea but it is counterintuitive in studio conditions. Do you see any popular hardware studio EQ with faders/sliders? The answer is no. (i don't count 30 band static correction EQ's in FOH situation) In the end all these control surfaces it is about bringing back original tactile hardware experience.
Old 20th July 2019
Quote:
I am a little confused.
Kind regards
No prob with your English and with your idea
Unfortunately it's a limitation of s1, or better: it's a limitation of controller mappings themselves

I'm still waiting for a faderport mk2 (done better the the first one) and at the moment using the x touch as I can
Old 21st July 2019
Lives for gear

Hi folks, I've made a lot of changes based on the suggestions here from @ Nyroh and from having used the device while refining my mix logic

There are indeed a few things that are redundant, and others that could be positioned better. I've also tidied up some clunky original solutions, and explained functionality better in the notes.

I can't edit my original post but I'll put a link with the new files when everything is ready - there were some features in the original map that didn't work properly, although they did when I first set them. Maybe an update changed something esoteric, but whatevs, every function will be tested with the latest update before I post the map.
Old 23rd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am a little confused.
Hey

Not nonsense, you'd want knobs and faders to control a plugin synth for example.
And to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by artech909 View Post
Good idea but it is counterintuitive in studio conditions. Do you see any popular hardware studio EQ with faders/sliders? The answer is no.
I say the Trident A-range!

It's not that easy though. You'd have to write a script for that mode and allow it to access control link.
The plugin mode for the Mackie control protocol itself is not that sophisticated.
There have been amazing hacks but what's possible with those is ultimately limited by the way each DAW makes its controls accessible.

I've finished the map but will make a new thread for it so the old posts/map don't get read first
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search