The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Update - Studio One 4.1 DAW Software
Old 13th September 2018
Lives for gear

Update - Studio One 4.1

4.1 is the first free update since the launch of Studio One 4. To get this Free update just head to your My.PreSonus account or you can click the update button within Studio One where it will update automatically. The new features found in Studio One 4.1, include the following:
  • Support for ATOM Production and Performance Pad Controller
  • New Pipeline XT plug-in for routing external effects
  • Extended Note Repeat with keyboard remote
  • Tempo Automation
  • Beat-linear timeline option
  • Improved manual tempo mapping
  • Tap tempo via MIDI or keyboard shortcut
  • AAF export options (including embedded AAF support)
  • Import Song Data from song template
  • New “Cue mix mute follows channel” option
  • [Windows 10] System DPI scaling option for third-party plug-ins
  • [Windows] “Enable High DPI Mode” option is back
  • New look for External Device panels and QWERTY Keyboard
Old 13th September 2018
Lives for gear

Nice, was waiting for proper tempo track since v1
Old 14th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Joey real nice. Thanks for the heads up
Old 18th September 2018
Lives for gear

Now if they can just figure out how to flip the drum list the right way and put the kick on the bottom instead of the top, they might be onto something.

I am happy they fixed the whole tempo situation though - their tempo implementation was in the stone age.
Old 23rd September 2018
Deleted User
So is 4.1 safe to take a dive in fellas, 3.5.6 here
Old 24th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
So is 4.1 safe to take a dive in fellas, 3.5.6 here
I guess that depends if the lack of polyphonic aftertouch will cause you to risk throwing your computer out the window or not.

I'm in the same boat as you though, and if it wasn't for the Hi-DPI issue, I'd have properly given it a good workout and upgraded a week or so after release of testing it. But I barely tested it with being busy with other creative things...

The key things, which would make me upgrade would be the updated Impact XT and Sample One XT devices because they went pretty much unused in 2.6 / 3.0..

The drum programming lanes look pretty neat, improved note triggering, vector tempo mapping, general workflow improvements, updated GUI, are key things that stand out to me..then we have the free updates and potential free .5 update, which if like the last one will be really good to flesh out this release.. with some of the remaining top feature requests. Not sure if I'm entirely convinced of the chord detection thing and if I'd find use for it.

Scan through the threads and posts that have potential issue's, give the free version a whirl again if re-trialling is an issue, it will help give you feel for what it's like again. Checking out youtube videos again will give you a refresher, I found to help.
Old 24th September 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottym View Post
I guess that depends if the lack of polyphonic aftertouch will cause you to risk throwing your computer out the window or not.
My feelings LOL. I gave up on it. 3 versions later , aint gonna happen.

Tempo Automation
Improved manual tempo mapping
Tap tempo via MIDI or keyboard shortcut
AAF export options (including embedded AAF support)
Import Song Data from song template
New “Cue mix mute follows channel” option
New look for External Device panels and QWERTY Keyboard

Those all look good plus track notes as well.
Old 25th September 2018
Gear Head

I’m really enjoying Studio One 4 Pro newest update! So far it’s been extremely solid but recently I was using my midi keyboard, other than background chords (primarily a guitarist) and noticed the lack of “After Touch” for my sustaining pedal to sustain? I’m a little new to Presonus which I’ve been using for about 8months from crossing over from Sonar Platinum. So far I can somewhat work around it, but I hope Presonus works on it, also Sound on Sound recording would be nice but would depend on customer demand, overall S1/4 Pro has been Great!
Old 26th September 2018
Here for the gear
Problems with S! 4.1 - High Sierra

I really love this daw!
However 4.1 introduced several problems for me.
Seems like many old bugs have come to life again..

* Zooming ( shift+alt+ mouse ) zooms all over the place.
* Project ( Mastering ) are all laggy graphics and bugs everywhere. Cant bypass plugins etc...
* Mixer, size of faders resets to the shortest.

Some good news then
Ive had a problem, for at least 2 years, that caused a major lagg and wait time to recall sessions.
it took like 15+ minutes to recall all plugins and make the session smooth.
And every time I made a mix down or bounce, it hade to recall all plugins again.
Reel pain in the ass and time consuming.

THE FIX:
Fabfilter AU plugins was the problem !!
I switched to VST 3 versions, and now I open up a session in seconds, and all run smooth !
Old 26th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FliZeR View Post
I really love this daw!
However 4.1 introduced several problems for me.
Seems like many old bugs have come to life again..

* Zooming ( shift+alt+ mouse ) zooms all over the place.
* Project ( Mastering ) are all laggy graphics and bugs everywhere. Cant bypass plugins etc...
* Mixer, size of faders resets to the shortest.

Some good news then
Ive had a problem, for at least 2 years, that caused a major lagg and wait time to recall sessions.
it took like 15+ minutes to recall all plugins and make the session smooth.
And every time I made a mix down or bounce, it hade to recall all plugins again.
Reel pain in the ass and time consuming.

THE FIX:
Fabfilter AU plugins was the problem !!
I switched to VST 3 versions, and now I open up a session in seconds, and all run smooth !
Good to hear.
Old 28th September 2018
Lives for gear

I want to see how it's looking at V4.5ish.

I'm keen to dip my toe in but I and I'm sure quite a few others still need a bit of convincing that they're taking the users' biggest bugbears seriously.
Old 28th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
I want to see how it's looking at V4.5ish.

I'm keen to dip my toe in but I and I'm sure quite a few others still need a bit of convincing that they're taking the users' biggest bugbears seriously.
Which will most likely drop around May of next year, and predictably version 5.0 the following year given the release schedule pattern there now seems. So the longer one waits, the shorter the period between releases, unless you stick to your own upgrade time cycle of remaining on the previous version for a year... Unless there is something specifically preventing you from upgrading you know about, you could be getting more lifespan out it by not waiting that long.
Old 28th September 2018
Here for the gear

I have been holding off on v4, as none of the new features were really useful for me. Tempo track automation is deciding factor here for me.
Old 28th September 2018
Lives for gear

Thing is, once they've fixed the existing flaws, I don't need anything more from the software, ie content.
So I'm really not bothered about staying on v4 for two or three years.
Old 29th September 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
Thing is, once they've fixed the existing flaws, I don't need anything more from the software, ie content.
So I'm really not bothered about staying on v4 for two or three years.
External MIDI device support a'la Sonar would be nice.
Old 29th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarryReems View Post
External MIDI device support a'la Sonar would be nice.
I'm not saying anything...
Old 4 weeks ago
Did the Nvidia driver issue with Windows 7 get fixed? The problem was that S1 wouldn't launch unless you rolled back your Nvidia driver.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Rich View Post
Did the Nvidia driver issue with Windows 7 get fixed? The problem was that S1 wouldn't launch unless you rolled back your Nvidia driver.
No, it hasn't gotten fixed and it's clearly not a priority for PreSonus. v3 worked fine so they broke something and my guess is they can't figure out what they broke between 3 and 4 so that 4 isn't compatible with the nvidia drivers.

Like 6 days ago, I had an issue with my computer freezing and so before I could figure out what was causing it to freeze I had to update all drivers in my system to their most recent, as that's usually the first course of action when trying to solve computer problems. So I was forced to update my nvidia driver to the most recent one so I tried PreSonus just for the heck of it, and no, it froze and refused to load.

I had to re-install the outdated nvidia driver to get it to load after I solved the freezing issue. Ugh...it's amazing that PreSonus has let a bug like this, that's rather embarrassing for them, linger this long. Although I fear PreSonus either can't figure out how to fix it (after all, they can't even figure out the correct order to list drums in the pattern maker!) or they just don't care.

Add to the fact that the PreSonus forum is populated with the worst fanbois that I've ever seen since the Cakewalk forums and all they do is make excuses about this issue trying to blame Nvidia as if it's Nvidia's fault that v4 of Studio One doesn't work with their drivers when v3 did. But when you look for help with this on the PreSonus forum, you just get people claiming that Nvidia should be the one trying to solve it for PreSonus! Laughable. But I'm afraid with fanbois having that attitude, that PreSonus might not be in a big rush to fix this, if at all.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Rich View Post
I did the trial of Studio One 4.0 and it works fine on my still working but pretty old desktop Nvidia GTS Palit 250 1 Gig graphics card which is obviously working on earlier drivers. It's almost 9 years old ... and have been meaning to upgrade it for the past 3 years... but hell... it plays my games well enough like BC2 / BF3... and my graphic applications / music applications.

As for the issue with Studio One 4 though, for those affected...with Nvidia and Plugin scan stalling. Presonus did issue a statement about it...

Problem with Studio One 4 locking up with the 2nd plug-in scan window on Windows 7 with NVidia graphics cards. – Knowledge Base | PreSonus

Quote:
Problem with Studio One 4 locking up with the 2nd plug-in scan window on Windows 7 with NVidia graphics cards.

We have had multiple reports of a problem in which the 2nd time that you open Studio One 4, the plug-in scan window will lock up. This is only happening on Windows 7 with some NVidia graphics cards. We have seen this issue mostly with 4k monitors as well as ultra-wide monitors. Below you will find troubleshooting steps that we have identified will resolve the issue.

This issue is when you try to launch Studio One 4 a second time, the program goes into a state of "not responding" when it is loading plug-ins. It is important not to confuse this issue with plug-ins being blocked by antivirus software or with plug-ins causing a crash in Studio One.

-We have had reports that updating the NVidia graphics card to the latest driver resolves the issue. This has worked for some, but not for all.

-You can install driver version 388.71 or older for your NVidia card. The 390 versions of the driver have the problem.

-Being that we are seeing this problem with 4k monitors as well as ultra-wide monitors, you can lower your resolution or you can launch Studio One on a non-4k or non-ultra-wide resolution monitor.

-You can swap out your graphics card for a non-NVidia graphics card.

-You can upgrade your operating system to Windows 10.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
No, it hasn't gotten fixed and it's clearly not a priority for PreSonus. v3 worked fine so they broke something and my guess is they can't figure out what they broke between 3 and 4 so that 4 isn't compatible with the nvidia drivers.

Like 6 days ago, I had an issue with my computer freezing and so before I could figure out what was causing it to freeze I had to update all drivers in my system to their most recent, as that's usually the first course of action when trying to solve computer problems. So I was forced to update my nvidia driver to the most recent one so I tried PreSonus just for the heck of it, and no, it froze and refused to load.

I had to re-install the outdated nvidia driver to get it to load after I solved the freezing issue. Ugh...it's amazing that PreSonus has let a bug like this, that's rather embarrassing for them, linger this long. Although I fear PreSonus either can't figure out how to fix it (after all, they can't even figure out the correct order to list drums in the pattern maker!) or they just don't care.

Add to the fact that the PreSonus forum is populated with the worst fanbois that I've ever seen since the Cakewalk forums and all they do is make excuses about this issue trying to blame Nvidia as if it's Nvidia's fault that v4 of Studio One doesn't work with their drivers when v3 did. But when you look for help with this on the PreSonus forum, you just get people claiming that Nvidia should be the one trying to solve it for PreSonus! Laughable. But I'm afraid with fanbois having that attitude, that PreSonus might not be in a big rush to fix this, if at all.
Regarding the Nvidia problem there is... with Studio One 4.0, I don't think it's as clear cut as simply Studio One 4 being the sole issue. There are actual problems with the 390 revision drivers.

Latest Nvidia Game Ready driver issue: an endless PC reset loop - Graphics - News - HEXUS.net

Quote:
by Mark Tyson on 26 April 2018, 13:30

Tags: NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA)

Quick Link: HEXUS.net/qads3i

Add to My Vault: x

Nvidia released its latest GeForce Game Ready Driver to the public just a few hours ago, it is version 397.31 WHQL. The driver release came along with the usual release notes, blog post, and encouragement to download and be ‘game ready’ for a couple of new PC titles. In this case it was BattleTech, and Frostpunk. However, since release there has been a steady stream of problems reported on the official Nvidia GeForce support forum. These are quite serious problems, so you might want to pause any GeForce software update plans for now…

Checking through the forum, it seems to be that users packing an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 are affected by the issues. The issue looks pretty serious and bothersome, as affected users will be faced with a restart to reinstall driver screen, and when the reinstall completes they will meet up with this same screen again, and again. Consider that the GTX 1060 is Nvidia’s most popular graphics card, according to the current Steam Hardware Survey data, and these issues could cause a lot of frustration.

The situation is ongoing with Nvidia support on the forums asking users for more specifics about their complaints, especially with regard to graphics card model IDs.

Meanwhile there appears to be a simple working method to roll back to v391.35. Affected users need to download this older driver and the Display Driver Uninstaller software. The next step is to reboot in safe mode and uninstall the new driver that is causing the problems using DDU, and after a reboot you then install v391.35.

Hopefully Nvidia will sort out this issue shortly, pause auto-downloading and updating via the GeForce Experience, and release a new Game Ready driver for those wishing to get the best performance in BattleTech and Frostpunk on their GeForce powered PCs.

UPDATE, Saturday morning:

Nvidia customer care responded to a Palit GTX 1060 user in the official GeForce forums a few hours ago:

"We are aware of the issue preventing the driver from installing on a very small subset of GeForce GTX 1060 cards. For now continue using the previous driver with your Palit GeForce GTX 1060 card until we provide a solution."
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Regarding the Nvidia problem there is... with Studio One 4.0, I don't think it's as clear cut as simply Studio One 4 being the sole issue. There are actual problems with the 390 revision drivers.

Latest Nvidia Game Ready driver issue: an endless PC reset loop - Graphics - News - HEXUS.net
But for me, the fact remains that v3 worked fine with the nvidia driver and v4 doesn't, so Presonus broke something from one version to the other. The fact that their solutions revolve around ridiculous suggestions such as updating to windows 10, not using an nvidia card, or staying with old drivers, that they really have no idea what they broke or how to fix it. Telling me to change my OS so I can use their software with a current graphics driver is kind of laughable.

I can see in the Nvidia press release that there's problems with games, but being that they issued that statement in April 2018 and last week I installed the latest driver and still experienced the freezing, I'm not sure nvidia fixed what's wrong on their end. Again though, I'm not sure the problem is with Nvidia - even though it freezes some games, when Nvidia released that press release, I was already using v3.5 with the current Nvidia driver. I didn't update to v4 until sometime in June so I had been using the current problem-prone Nvidia driver with Studio One 3.5 with no issues. So that's why I feel the problem lies in PreSonus screwing something up from 3.5 to 4.

At this point though I have a feeling it's a given that Presonus is just going to juggle this around until we either shut up or disappear. If it's happening to a fraction of their users with specific circumstances, PreSonus probably doesn't care enough to devote resources to fixing the problem for a small subset of their users. I'm sure they pat themselves on the back after telling me not to use an nvidia graphics card as a solution.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
But for me, the fact remains that v3 worked fine with the nvidia driver and v4 doesn't, so Presonus broke something from one version to the other. The fact that their solutions revolve around ridiculous suggestions such as updating to windows 10, not using an nvidia card, or staying with old drivers, that they really have no idea what they broke or how to fix it. Telling me to change my OS so I can use their software with a current graphics driver is kind of laughable.

I can see in the Nvidia press release that there's problems with games, but being that they issued that statement in April 2018 and last week I installed the latest driver and still experienced the freezing, I'm not sure nvidia fixed what's wrong on their end. Again though, I'm not sure the problem is with Nvidia - even though it freezes some games, when Nvidia released that press release, I was already using v3.5 with the current Nvidia driver. I didn't update to v4 until sometime in June so I had been using the current problem-prone Nvidia driver with Studio One 3.5 with no issues. So that's why I feel the problem lies in PreSonus screwing something up from 3.5 to 4.

At this point though I have a feeling it's a given that Presonus is just going to juggle this around until we either shut up or disappear. If it's happening to a fraction of their users with specific circumstances, PreSonus probably doesn't care enough to devote resources to fixing the problem for a small subset of their users. I'm sure they pat themselves on the back after telling me not to use an nvidia graphics card as a solution.
I think it really comes down to being practical about it and using what solution works for you and anyone else, and that's the options they listed because that's what options you have, not that they are demanding you to.

From the end of last year both Nvidia & Microsoft have been in collaboration and pushing the DX12 development forward NVIDIA collaborates with Microsoft to bring DX12 development and debugging to the next level | NVIDIA Developer.

From how I see it, there must have been some differences in the driver that has been implemented because of changes in which Microsoft has made on the Windows 10 platform. Now because Studio One 4.01 is running on the compliant Windows 10 platform and the particular Nvidia driver is compliant with Windows 10, it's a non issue because the factors in which Studio One 4.0 is able to complete the circle of requirements are fulfilled. If you're running Windows 7, then that link is broken which opens the possibilities of problems.

Windows 7 doesn't support DirectX12, it's Windows 10 only, and it's probably making calls that Windows 7 can't complete. In essence, the latest driver is making Studio One a casualty... and there's really not much Presonus can do about it than offer solutions. Kinda like a 3 legged table, take two legs away and the table falls over.

Remember that, Microsoft wants everyone running Windows 10, not anything lower... and by taking a critical manufacturer which provides the fundamental part of one's computer to work correctly with programs they use, they can passively force users to upgrade and change the balance of OS's where it's pretty much stalled at around 40% between Windows 10 & Windows 7 in terms of market share.

The real and more important aspect is to ask one's self, is whether there's any point in updating the drivers at all, is there is any fundamental and significant benefits.. or is it really just the push in games development where one or two titles require it...

Personally, I favour solid stable drivers that work without issues than those right out the gate. The old adage is that, 'if it isn't broken, don't try and fix it', and in 18 years of using a PC computer, I've had very few issue's.

___

OT..I read the Presonus forum now more out of curiosity, because I have well no other choice, not that I miss it really...or particularly need it as I have other ways of communicating my thoughts and indeed my designs I create.
But I can tell that there would be certain users from Cakeland that I'd probably want to stick in the blender as they would annoy the hell out of me lol, that PreA dude, would probably be the first into the mix lol.

Last edited by scottym; 3 weeks ago at 04:41 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think it really comes down to being practical about it and using what solution works for you and anyone else, and that's the options they listed because that's what options you have, not that they are demanding you to.

From the end of last year both Nvidia & Microsoft have been in collaboration and pushing the DX12 development forward NVIDIA collaborates with Microsoft to bring DX12 development and debugging to the next level | NVIDIA Developer.

From how I see it, there must have been some differences in the driver that has been implemented because of changes in which Microsoft has made on the Windows 10 platform. Now because Studio One 4.01 is running on the compliant Windows 10 platform and the particular Nvidia driver is compliant with Windows 10, it's a non issue because the factors in which Studio One 4.0 is able to complete the circle of requirements are fulfilled. If you're running Windows 7, then that link is broken which opens the possibilities of problems.

Windows 7 doesn't support DirectX12, it's Windows 10 only, and it's probably making calls that Windows 7 can't complete. In essence, the latest driver is making Studio One a casualty... and there's really not much Presonus can do about it than offer solutions. Kinda like a 3 legged table, take two legs away and the table falls over.

Remember that, Microsoft wants everyone running Windows 10, not anything lower... and by taking a critical manufacturer which provides the fundamental part of one's computer to work correctly with programs they use, they can passively force users to upgrade and change the balance of OS's where it's pretty much stalled at around 40% between Windows 10 & Windows 7 in terms of market share.

The real and more important aspect is to ask one's self, is whether there's any point in updating the drivers at all, is there is any fundamental and significant benefits.. or is it really just the push in games development where one or two titles require it...

Personally, I favour solid stable drivers that work without issues than those right out the gate. The old adage is that, 'if it isn't broken, don't try and fix it', and in 18 years of using a PC computer, I've had very few issue's.
I know that once I get fired up about a problem I can be a bit over the top. I just wanted to say I appreciate your level headed responses to my constantly screaming how presonus doesn't care.
___

Quote:
OT..I read the Presonus forum now more out of curiosity, because I have well no other choice, not that I miss it really...or particularly need it as I have other ways of communicating my thoughts and indeed my designs I create.
But I can tell that there would be certain users from Cakeland that I'd probably want to stick in the blender as they would annoy the hell out of me lol, that PreA dude, would probably be the first into the mix lol.
After v4 came out and all the bugs started surfacing I commented about how could the beta testers miss them and Presonus should either hire beta testers who actually use the program or just get better beta testers. Like 3 or 4 weeks (yes, WEEKS) later I got a notice from a mod that I was banned for a week for insulting the Studio One beta testers! I'm not sure what's more embarrassing, that a mod felt the need to defend beta testers, or that the mod is so slow on the uptake that it took him a few weeks before he decided he was offended by my comment!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Anyone else run into an issue with 4.1.1 where the performance meter says 100% CPU usage but actual cpu usage is nowhere near that? I just updated to 4.1.1 and this is the first thing I see. Sigh Presonus why you hurt me so? Another buggy release.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
Anyone else run into an issue with 4.1.1 where the performance meter says 100% CPU usage but actual cpu usage is nowhere near that? I just updated to 4.1.1 and this is the first thing I see. Sigh Presonus why you hurt me so? Another buggy release.
Your buffer settings have probably changed, lower latency induces higher cpu load but better recording performance.

Don't compare how Windows compares CPU utilisation to that of how Studio One measures it, they are not the same.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Your buffer settings have probably changed, lower latency induces higher cpu load but better recording performance.

Don't compare how Windows compares CPU utilisation to that of how Studio One measures it, they are not the same.
I'm talking specifically about the Performance Monitor in Studio One sorry if that wasn't;t clear on my part. My buffer settings have not changed or been updated. Either way I found the culprit was Maschine (again). Once I unarmed the track the performance meter went back down to it's normal (at least for this project) 56% cpu usage. Loaded the same project same settings in 4.1 and it loaded fine and the meter was at 56% where it should be for this project. Not sure what that's about but whatevs.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
I'm talking specifically about the Performance Monitor in Studio One sorry if that wasn't;t clear on my part. My buffer settings have not changed or been updated. Either way I found the culprit was Maschine (again). Once I unarmed the track the performance meter went back down to it's normal (at least for this project) 56% cpu usage. Loaded the same project same settings in 4.1 and it loaded fine and the meter was at 56% where it should be for this project. Not sure what that's about but whatevs.
Memory management in Studio One is notoriously bad and something that many people complain about so don't be too shocked about the wonkiness.

I have sessions that run fine, then the next time, the meter will be pegged and it won't run right at all and they'll be a ton of clipping. Or the session will be fine, I'll close it, decide I want to do something different, reopen it, and now it'll be in the red and they'll be tons of dropouts. And that'll happen for like 3 or 4 minutes and then all of a sudden the meter will drop down and everything will start working. Like all of a sudden Studio One finally figured out how to balance the load on the memory. It makes no sense.

I came from Cakewalk, where for all it's faults (and it has a ton) it was extremely good with memory management and spreading a load across cores. I have Sonar projects that make my studio one projects look laughable, easily 5x the plug ins and VSTi tracks, and it'll barely register a third on all the cores and run flawlessly, meanwhile I'll have a studio one project (with dropout protection on high) with not much happening, that worked yesterday and today it's just pegged in the red and incapable of playing without distortion, like it has no idea how to do anything except overload a core.

There's feature requests begging presonus to bring the memory management into the modern era. I'm somewhat hopeful. It took them forever to bring the tempo tool out of the stone age and into the modern era. Maybe now that they did, they can do the same for the memory management.
Old 23 hours ago
Here for the gear

Well it took three years to release version 4 and it will probably take three more years to release version 5.
Old 19 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
4.1 is the first free update since the launch of Studio One 4. To get this Free update just head to your My.PreSonus account or you can click the update button within Studio One where it will update automatically. The new features found in Studio One 4.1, include the following:
  • Support for ATOM Production and Performance Pad Controller
  • New Pipeline XT plug-in for routing external effects
  • Extended Note Repeat with keyboard remote
  • Tempo Automation
  • Beat-linear timeline option
  • Improved manual tempo mapping
  • Tap tempo via MIDI or keyboard shortcut
  • AAF export options (including embedded AAF support)
  • Import Song Data from song template
  • New “Cue mix mute follows channel” option
  • [Windows 10] System DPI scaling option for third-party plug-ins
  • [Windows] “Enable High DPI Mode” option is back
  • New look for External Device panels and QWERTY Keyboard
When it comes to 0.5 versions it comes usually with tona of new features and not even then you have to pay for the update. Of course only when it comes to main updates. In Cubase on the other hand you have to pay for every update, example 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10 and so on.
Old 13 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albastudio View Post
When it comes to 0.5 versions it comes usually with tona of new features and not even then you have to pay for the update. Of course only when it comes to main updates. In Cubase on the other hand you have to pay for every update, example 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10 and so on.
I'm stuck at 3.5.6 and sorry, life tells me food and rent are pretty important

For the beautiful work of art that StudioOne is, there's places they could incite more people to buy if Presonus were the ones making a leap of faith, such as unlocking the sampler to make your own basic - and I mean basic - sample instruments and export as the universal SFZ. I'm having to go a different route that's proving to be time consuming, and I've had to use Reaper the whole time.

And it just so happens my Reaper's two full number revisions are coming up soon, I got many years out of that $60 and I have to pay them another $60 soon.

So it's not that people can't afford the upgrade, it's that it would have been easier if they made their DAW easier to make money with. And making samples, go figure. You've got your DAW editor to do that, right everything you need within StudioOne. But you can't make shareable sample banks without spending way more than 3rd-party Sampler which in my case is buggy because it's new (the 3rd-party sampler).

If anyone brings up a suggestion at Presonus to Free the sampler (with simple universal SFZ export) I'll vote for it. I might even without universal SFZ export, but StudioOne is SO close to making your artistic inclinations come true, I'm sure that reciprocates to me and everyone else upgrading. Another 100GB in other people's samples don't appeal to me. I want to make my own. That's the one place you could show-up Reaper you know.

In short, most audio/musicians I know in the flesh have an income that's drought and flood. Presonus must make that effort to prime the pump of a new well of monetary flow their way. And then a it'll be a flood for everyone. They're close.

'Tis the season.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search