The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Teddy Riley has left S1... DAW Software
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Exclamation Teddy Riley has left S1...

These are exciting news...

the longtime user and flagship member Teddy Riley !!!
(formerly known as the biggest figurehead of Presonus DAW S1)
has left Studio One!!!!

and has moved to: Cubase.

More infos/proofs:

Teddy Riley has left S1...-teddy-riley-back-cubase-.jpg

Teddy Riley has left S1...-teddy-riley-back-cubase-.jpg

that says it all. right. he knows what is better. right.

(...)

I'm speechless.

Attached Thumbnails
Teddy Riley has left S1...-teddy-riley-back-cubase-.jpg   Teddy Riley has left S1...-teddy-riley-back-cubase-.jpg  
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

He likes whoever pays him to like them. If Apple came a knockin he'd drop trow for them too.

I always take these adverts with a grain of salt. On top of that who really cares who uses what especially Teddy Riley. When was the last time he did anything of note, 97?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
He likes whoever pays him to like them. If Apple came a knockin he'd drop trow for them too.

I always take these adverts with a grain of salt. On top of that who really cares who uses what especially Teddy Riley. When was the last time he did anything of note, 97?
Exactly... but, goes to show you... rubes do fall for endorsements
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Cubase? He took a step backwards! S1 is the truth.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

News flash:

Teddy has used Logic, Cubase in the past BEFORE he ever tried S1. This is not news that he would bail after the dough ran out
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
Cubase? He took a step backwards! S1 is the truth.
As a user of both DAWS, y'all crack me up cause ya just dont have a clue how deep Cubase is in comparison. Rock on with the banner of praise though, aint no stopping ya

Teddy has used them ALL so I think he would know if he is moving forward or backwards
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
As a user of both DAWS, y'all crack me up cause ya just dont have a clue how deep Cubase is in comparison. Rock on with the banner of praise though, aint no stopping ya

Teddy has used them ALL so I think he would know if he is moving forward or backwards

He speaks the truth^
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

As far as l go, l will stay with S1v3 into 4. So you don't think S1 is deep? Oh so Teddy is the only one that has dealt with all the top DAWs?

I'm not leaving S1 which has the best headroom of all the DAWs! Not leaving the sound it has, the separate section for mastering , scratch pad, beautiful layout GUI , native effects, deaking with offline computers etc the list goes on!

Two years from now Teddy will be jumping to logic saying "Logic is the Mercedes of all the other DAWs".

Correct me if o'm wrong but it was Teddy who swore up and down that studio one was it. Now he's Talking about Cubase? If that's not going backwards l don't know what is!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

No he hasn't he just produced a record with another producer for Bobby Brown and this was done completely done in Studio One.
YouTube

If anyone is on Studio One's facebook group type in Bobby Brown and you will see that post from Presonus's Rick about it.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

For everyone that says that Cubase is ahead or better what was the point of buying Studio One then? Cubase is stuck in the past and Presonus is moving forward with new stuff thats up to date with what creators want. Cubase is for the old heads presonus balances both for the old and new.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatizright View Post
For everyone that says that Cubase is ahead or better what was the point of buying Studio One then? Cubase is stuck in the past and Presonus is moving forward with new stuff thats up to date with what creators want. Cubase is for the old heads presonus balances both for the old and new.
Thank you. Profoundly said.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

As you ladies pontificate so effervescently about the merits of S1 I am working on a track in S1, y'all can't read or should I say you only see what ya want? Yes that is it.

Pardon me as I try to choke my e kit cymbal LOL. good luck in your perfect DAW. I rock BOTH you but if you think S1 is deeper than Cubase you are so clueless it isn't funny

Reasons for S1 for me:

1. Project Page ( The reason I bought it to begin with in lieu of getting WAVELAB
2. Melodyne ARA as I have the big Melodyne and wanted that badly.

When Presonus gives me
1. Patch selection for hardware synths by NAME
2. Notation built in
3. Aftertouch to choke a e kit cymbal

I will join your banner of praise, until then, ehhh
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you. Profoundly said.
Y'all are profoundly lost. You really need to go blow your horn on the FB group or the Presonus Forum, others here see right through it
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

LOL, who cares what he uses. And btw, this is business, Steinberg paid him more than Presonus hence suddenly he likes Cubase more. Move on...nothing to see...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
LOL, who cares what he uses. And btw, this is business, Steinberg paid him more than Presonus hence suddenly he likes Cubase more. Move on...nothing to see...
Wait, doesn't Craig Anderton have tips and tricks for Cubase too?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Not sure why it would matter to anybody what Teddy Riley or what any other producer uses! If you're happy with S1(looks powerful to me) and it does what you need day in and out that's all that matters, it's the music that matters most! Btw I don't use either S1 or Cubase DAW....
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I remember my first beer

He must’ve forgotten “how deep” cubase was when he signed on with Presonus,huh?

Just be a big boy and admit you got played by an ad instead of changing the subject
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Exactly. But l'm lost? I'm not here doing music to follow Teddy. On Youtube he himself clearly said S1 was the truth now Cubase? Now that's seeing clear through someone. I will not follow him.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
As you ladies pontificate so effervescently about the merits of S1 I am working on a track in S1, y'all can't read or should I say you only see what ya want? Yes that is it.

Pardon me as I try to choke my e kit cymbal LOL. good luck in your perfect DAW. I rock BOTH you but if you think S1 is deeper than Cubase you are so clueless it isn't funny

Reasons for S1 for me:

1. Project Page ( The reason I bought it to begin with in lieu of getting WAVELAB
2. Melodyne ARA as I have the big Melodyne and wanted that badly.

When Presonus gives me
1. Patch selection for hardware synths by NAME
2. Notation built in
3. Aftertouch to choke a e kit cymbal

I will join your banner of praise, until then, ehhh
Hold up... you bought s1 in lieu of wavelab? Tell me again how clueless the other people are...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Y'all are profoundly lost. You really need to go blow your horn on the FB group or the Presonus Forum, others here see right through it
I'm not lost l'm where l'm suppose to be and that's with S1v3. Teddy is a jumper so...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I remember my first beer

He must’ve forgotten “how deep” cubase was when he signed on with Presonus,huh?

Just be a big boy and admit you got played by an ad instead of changing the subject

Lmao lol played indeed.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Who?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

curious about cubase's 64 bit audio engine though. I've alway like the feel of cubase quantizing...closest to mpc in DAW. Teddy is a bit of a computer geek and was very loyal to studio one for a long time...even during it's continual growing pains. I'm sure thath there is more to the story than who is going to endorse him. I know why he left logic and pro tools...am curious about this move.

ej
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Hold up... you bought s1 in lieu of wavelab? Tell me again how clueless the other people are...
You are. Apparently you know my NEEDS better than I do

I could tell you I am in fact Teddy Riley and you guys would still tell me how wrong I am with my preferences LOL

I think Ill go buy WaveLab to shut you up HA
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not lost l'm where l'm suppose to be and that's with S1v3. Teddy is a jumper so...
Agreed, you are where you should be with S1 as you are very satisfied and happy with the product. It has shortcomings for me. I use each DAW depending on what I need for that project or song in S1 speak.

Im sure Teddy loved the fact that quantizing for midi tops out at 64th notes in S1, Cubase is 128th note. Rock on
Some of us need higher resolution in that area, bam

S1 is not my God nor is Cubase, just tools fellas. I shall leave you gents to make love to your DAW.

Peace

Last edited by shanabit; 4 days ago at 12:22 PM..
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=shanabit;13518148

Im sure Teddy loved the fact that quantizing for midi tops out at 64th notes in S1, Cubase is 128th note. Rock on

Peace[/QUOTE]

he's the opposite. a really good church player actually. He hated the fact that quantize was always on in logic...even when it said it was off. that is one of the main reasons he left logic.

ej
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Agreed, you are where you should be with S1 as you are very satisfied and happy with the product. It has shortcomings for me. I use each DAW depending on what I need for that project or song in S1 speak.

S1 is not my God nor is Cubase, just tools fellas. I shall leave you gents to make love to your DAW.

Peace

- and most people on these forums have no idea why 128th notes are relevant. Shhhhhhh...tricks of the trade
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Um? Is that all you got? 128 vs 64? lol smh most l use is 16/16T or 32. If l need it to swing l can and if l want to get surgical I TURN THE QUANTIZE OFF! (Is my 128 and beyond) So 128 means nothing to me or most folk. Never thought about it until YOU bought it up Most DAWs are 64. Do l leave S1v3 for Cubase because it has a resolution of 128? Lmao hehe Let me answer that for you, NO!!!
Quote:

Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC View Post
- and most people on these forums have no idea why 128th notes are relevant. Shhhhhhh...tricks of the trade
Come on? Seriously? You can get more surgical , super dope swing time :-) and the hotest syncopation time. But hell can do that with 64!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Come on? Seriously? You can get more surgical , super dope swing time :-) and the hotest syncopation time. But hell can do that with 64!
Aint nobody talking bout no dope swingin yo and syncopation, Some of us do real music and make more than BEATS

You haven't a clue and its obvious

As a curtesy to you and all the other beat boys, I shall leave this thread and this forum so you can continue on in your ignorance.

I'll let Teddy know you said hi
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search