The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Teddy Riley has left S1... DAW Software
Old 1 week ago
  #31
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
curious about cubase's 64 bit audio engine though. I've alway like the feel of cubase quantizing...closest to mpc in DAW. Teddy is a bit of a computer geek and was very loyal to studio one for a long time...even during it's continual growing pains. I'm sure thath there is more to the story than who is going to endorse him. I know why he left logic and pro tools...am curious about this move.

ej
I like what you said. Reason's 64 bit engine is nice and has a nice SSL sound plus when doing drums for.me has a great MPC. I have to say handling midi in Reason is better than S1.
Uugh! Protools was the worse for me. I will never buy it for my home studio.
Old 1 week ago
  #32
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Aint nobody talking bout no dope swingin yo and syncopation, Some of us do real music and make more than BEATS

You haven't a clue and its obvious

As a curtesy to you and all the other beat boys, I shall leave this thread and this forum so you can continue on in your ignorance.

I'll let Teddy know you said hi
Smh Again you're taking this to serious. I said swingin and syncopation , you don't have to tell me what l said. Just like you bought God into it. Who said anything about a DAW being your God?

First off l'm not a beat maker, l'm a musician, (I produce music) and a multi instrumentalist! Please don't act like you know my talents.

Now you know TR? LOL
have a great day and you tell the jumper l said hi!
Old 1 week ago
  #33
Gear Maniac
 

My thing is this find a couple or one DAW, master it. You don't need to know every freakin DAW in the world. End result is you should be making great music with your machine or DAW!
Old 1 week ago
  #34
Lives for gear
 
Smack Dammit's Avatar
 

Not this guy again! Lol take the mask off Danoc. S1v4 is nice tho..
Old 1 week ago
  #35
Lives for gear
 
octatonic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Aint nobody talking bout no dope swingin yo and syncopation, Some of us do real music and make more than BEATS

You haven't a clue and its obvious

As a curtesy to you and all the other beat boys, I shall leave this thread and this forum so you can continue on in your ignorance.

I'll let Teddy know you said hi
Old 1 week ago
  #36
Lives for gear
 
shanabit's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
I see your face under that tail. I got ya grammar right ova here
Old 1 week ago
  #37
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Aint nobody talking bout no dope swingin yo and syncopation, Some of us do real music and make more than BEATS

You haven't a clue and its obvious

As a curtesy to you and all the other beat boys, I shall leave this thread and this forum so you can continue on in your ignorance.

I'll let Teddy know you said hi
Some do real music? So where has that gotten you? The number one song in the country is by a producer named murdabeats "Nice for what" who is 21 uses apple loops and can't play like that but he makes great music. Old heads are so close minded thinking that because you play an instrument that your above everybody and what was important 10 years ago in music is the same today.
Old 1 week ago
  #38
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
Not this guy again! Lol take the mask off Danoc. S1v4 is nice tho..
What are you talking about?
Old 1 week ago
  #39
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatizright View Post
Some do real music? So where has that gotten you? The number one song in the country is by a producer named murdabeats "Nice for what" who is 21 uses apple loops and can't play like that but he makes great music. Old heads are so close minded thinking that because you play an instrument that your above everybody and what was important 10 years ago in music is the same today.
Profoundly said! Murdabeats does play drums but still dope. I remember when using loops was looked as a bad thing, now its not. As long as you make heat there should be no worries.
Old 1 week ago
  #40
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
You are. Apparently you know my NEEDS better than I do

I could tell you I am in fact Teddy Riley and you guys would still tell me how wrong I am with my preferences LOL

I think Ill go buy WaveLab to shut you up HA
I’m a total fanboy for S1 and ditched cubase and PT for it... but its project page (mastering) is still amateur hour... it doesn’t support automation for pete’s sake... so that you chose it instead of wavelab means that you couldn’t afford Wavelab or you don’t know the difference... and that’s cool, but don’t talk about how your “needs” motivated your choice...
Old 1 week ago
  #41
In a galaxy far far away..........


D.A.W. WARS
Old 1 week ago
  #42
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
I have to say handling midi in Reason is better than S1.
Uugh! Protools was the worse for me. I will never buy it for my home studio.
I can tell you that based upon my 17 years in using Reason and almost 4 years in using Studio One 3 Professional, that MIDI in Reason is very much inferior to that of what Studio One is able to provide.
Old 1 week ago
  #43
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I’m a total fanboy for S1 and ditched cubase and PT for it... but its project page (mastering) is still amateur hour... it doesn’t support automation for pete’s sake... so that you chose it instead of wavelab means that you couldn’t afford Wavelab or you don’t know the difference... and that’s cool, but don’t talk about how your “needs” motivated your choice...
LOL HAHAHEHEEA OMG! Thank you!
Old 1 week ago
  #44
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottym View Post
I can tell you that based upon my 17 years in using Reason and almost 4 years in using Studio One 3 Professional, that MIDI in Reason is very much inferior to that of what Studio One is able to provide.
Let me be clear on what l mean.
When l do drums or sounds in Reason l have no problems staying tight and on the grid. S1v3 l have a lil bit of a problem. If you get yours tight when producing holla at me. I'm on a PC.
S1v3 editing is ridiculous than Reason. I do .my sound design in S1. S1V3 is better than Reason but Reason is no slouch and l would prefer Reason over Protools any day!
Old 1 week ago
  #45
Lives for gear
 
shanabit's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatizright View Post
Old heads are so close minded thinking that because you play an instrument that your above everybody and what was important 10 years ago in music is the same today.
I said I NEED 128th quantize values for what I do. YOU think Im better than you since I do play, dont be a diptard, READ what I SAID not what you what to see
Old 1 week ago
  #46
Lives for gear
 
shanabit's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I’m a total fanboy for S1 and ditched cubase and PT for it... but its project page (mastering) is still amateur hour... it doesn’t support automation for pete’s sake... so that you chose it instead of wavelab means that you couldn’t afford Wavelab or you don’t know the difference... and that’s cool, but don’t talk about how your “needs” motivated your choice...
Who said I was MASTERING with the Project Page? Cant read I see.

WaveLab cost is not a problem. Apparently you know WHY I bought S1 for the Project Page, do tell as Im anxious to know how you know why I bought it to begin with. Dont be a dipchit and think you know anything about me or why I do what I do, you dont.

Last edited by shanabit; 5 days ago at 02:44 PM..
Old 1 week ago
  #47
Lives for gear
 
shanabit's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
LOL HAHAHEHEEA OMG! Thank you!
Welcome to my ignore list, You are still lost
Old 1 week ago
  #48
Lives for gear
 
shanabit's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameal View Post
In a galaxy far far away..........


D.A.W. WARS
ITs funny to me as I actually USE the DAW they are arguing with me about using LOL. Reminds me so much of the FB group and the Presonus forum it isnt funny
Old 1 week ago
  #49
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Pardon me as I try to choke my e kit cymbal LOL.
Old 1 week ago
  #50
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Welcome to my ignore list, You are still lost
"THAT GUY IS SENSITIVE"

Yeah l'm LOST in S1... In a good way though. :-D
Old 1 week ago
  #51
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
...and think you know anything about me or why I do what I do, you dont.
That guy is doing the exact thing he is trying say someone else is doing. WTF!
Like calling someone a beat maker as to throw some type of shade.
Old 1 week ago
  #52
Here for the gear
 

Its funny how people on here are getting so worked up about comparing a relatively new DAW with one of the behemoths of the trade.

From my POV, Studio One is growing fast and listening to it's users and is on the way to become top DAW soon (ish)....
Old 1 week ago
  #53
Lives for gear
 
Smack Dammit's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by axb312 View Post
Its funny how people on here are getting so worked up about comparing a relatively new DAW with one of the behemoths of the trade.

From my POV, Studio One is growing fast and listening to it's users and is on the way to become top DAW soon (ish)....
I agree 100%.. Cubase is miles deeper than S1 but that’s also the beauty of S1 is that it’s simple but has very and I mean very useful features that’s dead easy to get too.. The first daw I’ve really looked at in years besides Ableton lol if you don’t count BM3...

As someone else mentioned, Teddy was using Cubase way before S1 was even thought of, it’s okay if he wants to go back...
Old 1 week ago
  #54
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
You are. Apparently you know my NEEDS better than I do

I could tell you I am in fact Teddy Riley and you guys would still tell me how wrong I am with my preferences LOL

I think Ill go buy WaveLab to shut you up HA
Um...if you think s1’s project page is a good substitute for wavelab you have bigger problems
Old 1 week ago
  #55
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Who said I was MADSTERING with the Project Page? Cant read I see.

WaveLab cost is not a problem. Apparently you know WHY I bought S1 for the Project Page, do tell as Im anxious to know how you know why I bought it to begin with. Dont be a dipchit and think you know anything about me or why I do what I do, you dont.
Um... you literally said you bought s1 because of the project page instead of buying wavelab... you are allowed to say dumb stuff here, but please try to remember the dumb stuff you say

Anyhoo... have a good life goofy anonymous internet dude
Old 1 week ago
  #56
Lives for gear
 
shanabit's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Um... you literally said you bought s1 because of the project page instead of buying wavelab... you are allowed to say dumb stuff here, but please try to remember the dumb stuff you say

Anyhoo... have a good life goofy anonymous internet dude
Did I say I was MASTERING with it?? Um NO, learn to read
"""""1. Project Page ( The reason I bought it to begin with in lieu of getting WAVELAB""""

Do you see where I said MASTERING. Only thing dumb here is your inability to comprehend

I said I got it in lieu of WAVELAB, I didnt say I was MASTERING, man you boys are daft

bgood talking about being anonymous lol
Old 5 days ago
  #57
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
Come on? Seriously? You can get more surgical , super dope swing time :-) and the hotest syncopation time. But hell can do that with 64!

Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump