The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Teddy Riley has left S1...
Old 14th September 2018
  #31
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatizright View Post
Some do real music? So where has that gotten you? The number one song in the country is by a producer named murdabeats "Nice for what" who is 21 uses apple loops and can't play like that but he makes great music. Old heads are so close minded thinking that because you play an instrument that your above everybody and what was important 10 years ago in music is the same today.
Profoundly said! Murdabeats does play drums but still dope. I remember when using loops was looked as a bad thing, now its not. As long as you make heat there should be no worries.
Old 14th September 2018
  #32
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
You are. Apparently you know my NEEDS better than I do

I could tell you I am in fact Teddy Riley and you guys would still tell me how wrong I am with my preferences LOL

I think Ill go buy WaveLab to shut you up HA
I’m a total fanboy for S1 and ditched cubase and PT for it... but its project page (mastering) is still amateur hour... it doesn’t support automation for pete’s sake... so that you chose it instead of wavelab means that you couldn’t afford Wavelab or you don’t know the difference... and that’s cool, but don’t talk about how your “needs” motivated your choice...
Old 14th September 2018
  #33
In a galaxy far far away..........


D.A.W. WARS
Old 14th September 2018
  #34
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
I have to say handling midi in Reason is better than S1.
Uugh! Protools was the worse for me. I will never buy it for my home studio.
I can tell you that based upon my 17 years in using Reason and almost 4 years in using Studio One 3 Professional, that MIDI in Reason is very much inferior to that of what Studio One is able to provide.
Old 14th September 2018
  #35
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I’m a total fanboy for S1 and ditched cubase and PT for it... but its project page (mastering) is still amateur hour... it doesn’t support automation for pete’s sake... so that you chose it instead of wavelab means that you couldn’t afford Wavelab or you don’t know the difference... and that’s cool, but don’t talk about how your “needs” motivated your choice...
LOL HAHAHEHEEA OMG! Thank you!
Old 14th September 2018
  #36
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottym View Post
I can tell you that based upon my 17 years in using Reason and almost 4 years in using Studio One 3 Professional, that MIDI in Reason is very much inferior to that of what Studio One is able to provide.
Let me be clear on what l mean.
When l do drums or sounds in Reason l have no problems staying tight and on the grid. S1v3 l have a lil bit of a problem. If you get yours tight when producing holla at me. I'm on a PC.
S1v3 editing is ridiculous than Reason. I do .my sound design in S1. S1V3 is better than Reason but Reason is no slouch and l would prefer Reason over Protools any day!
Old 14th September 2018
  #37
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Pardon me as I try to choke my e kit cymbal LOL.
Old 14th September 2018
  #38
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Welcome to my ignore list, You are still lost
"THAT GUY IS SENSITIVE"

Yeah l'm LOST in S1... In a good way though. :-D
Old 14th September 2018
  #39
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
...and think you know anything about me or why I do what I do, you dont.
That guy is doing the exact thing he is trying say someone else is doing. WTF!
Like calling someone a beat maker as to throw some type of shade.
Old 15th September 2018
  #40
Gear Nut
 

Its funny how people on here are getting so worked up about comparing a relatively new DAW with one of the behemoths of the trade.

From my POV, Studio One is growing fast and listening to it's users and is on the way to become top DAW soon (ish)....
Old 15th September 2018
  #41
Lives for gear
 
Smack Dammit's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by axb312 View Post
Its funny how people on here are getting so worked up about comparing a relatively new DAW with one of the behemoths of the trade.

From my POV, Studio One is growing fast and listening to it's users and is on the way to become top DAW soon (ish)....
I agree 100%.. Cubase is miles deeper than S1 but that’s also the beauty of S1 is that it’s simple but has very and I mean very useful features that’s dead easy to get too.. The first daw I’ve really looked at in years besides Ableton lol if you don’t count BM3...

As someone else mentioned, Teddy was using Cubase way before S1 was even thought of, it’s okay if he wants to go back...
Old 15th September 2018
  #42
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
You are. Apparently you know my NEEDS better than I do

I could tell you I am in fact Teddy Riley and you guys would still tell me how wrong I am with my preferences LOL

I think Ill go buy WaveLab to shut you up HA
Um...if you think s1’s project page is a good substitute for wavelab you have bigger problems
Old 15th September 2018
  #43
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Who said I was MADSTERING with the Project Page? Cant read I see.

WaveLab cost is not a problem. Apparently you know WHY I bought S1 for the Project Page, do tell as Im anxious to know how you know why I bought it to begin with. Dont be a dipchit and think you know anything about me or why I do what I do, you dont.
Um... you literally said you bought s1 because of the project page instead of buying wavelab... you are allowed to say dumb stuff here, but please try to remember the dumb stuff you say

Anyhoo... have a good life goofy anonymous internet dude
Old 17th September 2018
  #44
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
Come on? Seriously? You can get more surgical , super dope swing time :-) and the hotest syncopation time. But hell can do that with 64!

Old 24th September 2018
  #45
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Exactly... but, goes to show you... rubes do fall for endorsements
My cousin is in the music business, and I remember putting him up on Studio One about 4-5 years ago.

He was dogging it out, so another part of my sales pitch to him was the Teddy Riley endorsement.

Your comment was his exact response hahahahaha. Good times man, good times. Needless to say, I laughed very hard when I read your comment lol.
Old 25th September 2018
  #46
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
My cousin is in the music business, and I remember putting him up on Studio One about 4-5 years ago.

He was dogging it out, so another part of my sales pitch to him was the Teddy Riley endorsement.

Your comment was his exact response hahahahaha. Good times man, good times. Needless to say, I laughed very hard when I read your comment lol.
LOL l can see your point at looking at both statements that will make you laugh.

First thing people will say is he's getting paid. Funny thing is they don't have the true facts of the matter. Smh

I will stick with S1 it's really goid for me.
Old 10th October 2018
  #47
Here for the gear
 
Grimeyneedle's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
he's the opposite. a really good church player actually. He hated the fact that quantize was always on in logic...even when it said it was off. that is one of the main reasons he left logic.

ej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
Come on? Seriously? You can get more surgical , super dope swing time :-) and the hotest syncopation time. But hell can do that with 64!
funny thing studio one actually does 128th quantize, i'm probably the only one that knows how lol
Old 26th October 2018
  #48
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimeyneedle View Post
funny thing studio one actually does 128th quantize, i'm probably the only one that knows how lol
Hold the hell up it dies 128 Quantize? How the heck you got it to do 128 Q?
Old 3rd December 2018
  #49
Here for the gear
 
Grimeyneedle's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
Hold the hell up it dies 128 Quantize? How the heck you got it to do 128 Q?

damn my bad... stay tune
Old 16th December 2018
  #50
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimeyneedle View Post
damn my bad... stay tune
I will. :-)
Old 23rd March 2019
  #51
Gear Addict
 

dam its 2019 l been stay tuning for that 128 Q in S1V3 lol. We on S1v4 now lol
Old 13th April 2019
  #52
Gear Maniac
 

If they add a bigger atom and midi controllers. It's a wrap.
Old 28th June 2020
  #53
Here for the gear
 
DareDevil01's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatizright View Post
Some do real music? So where has that gotten you? The number one song in the country is by a producer named murdabeats "Nice for what" who is 21 uses apple loops and can't play like that but he makes great music. Old heads are so close minded thinking that because you play an instrument that your above everybody and what was important 10 years ago in music is the same today.
Murda Beatz uses FL Studio, not Logic/Garage Band. And from what I can tell creates his own compositions on his Razer PC laptop.
Attached Thumbnails
Teddy Riley has left S1...-murda.jpg  
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4589 views: 576510
Avatar for stixstudios
stixstudios 20th May 2020
replies: 1943 views: 329059
Avatar for Will The Weirdo
Will The Weirdo 1st August 2015
replies: 83 views: 14248
Avatar for Highphi
Highphi 19th July 2013
replies: 93 views: 6105
Avatar for dapz
dapz 1 week ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump