The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves SSL 4000 E vs. BrainWorx SSL 4000 E Consoles
Old 12th August 2018
Gear Maniac

Waves SSL 4000 E vs. BrainWorx SSL 4000 E

Which one should l get? Both have great reviews. Anyone with expirence with both?

I wanna use this in S1. Waves 4000 E is $108 thats not bad. Brainwx is $299. Both authorized by Solid State.
I wonder if the new Faderport will work with those SSLs.
I would really love SSL XL 9000 K. If any seen that in software let me know.

Wow! Brainwx has that "TMT" section which seems to blow Waves out the box.

WAVES SSL 4000 E
Old 15th August 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
Waves 4000 E is $108 thats not bad. Brainwx is $299. Both authorized by Solid State.
FYI you can score Wave for less. I just had Wave SSL E for about €30 at a flash sale.

Here is an interesting post with audio clips SSL Channel Shootout (bx_SSL E, Waves, Duende v6, Console 1)
Old 15th August 2018
Gear Nut
Waves SSL was $29 2 days ago. And of course, this promo will appear again, eventually.
Old 18th August 2018
Gear Nut

You will find the full SSL9000K mixing desk, as part of Propellerheads Reason daw software or the original Propellerheads Record (Now discontinued due to full native integration with Reason 6 and since). It's the closest of the software emulation's there is..and it's complete unlike those cut down plugins.

In any case, using channel strips in Studio One like those kinda defeats the purpose of the flexibility provided by the way Studio One handles plugin's. Using mixers on top of mixers will just really confuse you more and possibly frustrate you, when it comes to the whole mixing process. In essence, you don't need them..
Old 20th August 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottym View Post
You will find the full SSL9000K mixing desk, as part of Propellerheads Reason daw software or the original Propellerheads Record (Now discontinued due to full native integration with Reason 6 and since). It's the closest of the software emulation's there is..and it's complete unlike those cut down plugins.

In any case, using channel strips in Studio One like those kinda defeats the purpose of the flexibility provided by the way Studio One handles plugin's. Using mixers on top of mixers will just really confuse you more and possibly frustrate you, when it comes to the whole mixing process. In essence, you don't need them..
Well, I wouldn't come confused in using them, but what would boil my blood is if it drains my CPU. Oh man that would seriously get under my skin. The Reason SSL is really nice because of its set up it looks really good and great with controllers. It's set up like a desk.
Old 21st August 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't come confused in using them, but what would boil my blood is if it drains my CPU. Oh man that would seriously get under my skin. The Reason SSL is really nice because of its set up it looks really good and great with controllers. It's set up like a desk.
In Presonus Studio One 3/3.5, my track counts can range from 40 - 180. With Reason and it's SSL mixer, it would simply be a nightmare to manage that many.

In Studio One, adding these virtual SSL mixers to each of them would kill my CPU by the time I'd have got quarter of the way there... and that's a with an overclocked I7 920 Quadcore desktop system @ 3.56 Ghz. They are almost completely unnecessary plugins... that you would only use in cases that you would only really use along side a real SSL mixing desk for mixing purposes of stems, or live recording.

With music production, there are no hard and fast rules but recommendations based on one's experience...

If you're new to music production, it's far more important to learn how to mix, than what extra layers you can add on top that can complicate things.
Old 25th August 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottym View Post
In Presonus Studio One 3/3.5, my track counts can range from 40 - 180. With Reason and it's SSL mixer, it would simply be a nightmare to manage that many.

In Studio One, adding these virtual SSL mixers to each of them would kill my CPU by the time I'd have got quarter of the way there... and that's a with an overclocked I7 920 Quadcore desktop system @ 3.56 Ghz. They are almost completely unnecessary plugins... that you would only use in cases that you would only really use along side a real SSL mixing desk for mixing purposes of stems, or live recording.

With music production, there are no hard and fast rules but recommendations based on one's experience...

If you're new to music production, it's far more important to learn how to mix, than what extra layers you can add on top that can complicate things.
My method is totally different than yours. First off l never go over 40 tracks and l don't see the nightmare you're talking about eith using Reason.
I print what l need to the tracks i.e. Reverbs, compression etc.
I do understand your point.
Old 26th August 2018
Lives for gear
You can checkout Softube. They have both SSL 4000 and 9000. (And unfortunately they have a huge dongle with that)
Old 26th August 2018
Lives for gear

The Waves SSL E & G are $29 right now but will end in 24 hours or less. I would definitely grab it. I use both of these in every session and they are my fav's. I also have the BX console E which I havent used much but its pretty dam amazing. The most recent versions of Studio One has Console shaper built-in. The whole audio engine in S1 has been programmed to sound like a console all the way to the summing which is supposed to act like a SSL board so you might have some SSL mojo in S1 already.

Grab the waves here if you're interested --> Analog Modeled Plugins | Waves
Old 26th August 2018
Lives for gear

Looks like its an add-on. Here you go! - CTC-1 Pro Console Shaper | PreSonus Shop
Old 26th August 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
You can checkout Softube. They have both SSL 4000 and 9000. (And unfortunately they have a huge dongle with that)
Thanks good looking out in the SSL 9000. I have some softube stuff already.

But the SSL 9000 is set up to be controlled on Console 1. And its $299

Old 9th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by optikstrange View Post
The Waves SSL E & G are $29 right now but will end in 24 hours or less. I would definitely grab it. I use both of these in every session and they are my fav's. I also have the BX console E which I havent used much but its pretty dam amazing. The most recent versions of Studio One has Console shaper built-in. The whole audio engine in S1 has been programmed to sound like a console all the way to the summing which is supposed to act like a SSL board so you might have some SSL mojo in S1 already.

Grab the waves here if you're interested --> Analog Modeled Plugins | Waves
I have the SSL E Channel 4000 from Waves can't beat $29 :-)
You saud BX SSL 4000 channel E is amazing why not use it over the Waves SSL?

I've studied the BX SSL 4000 channel E and its exactly like the desk. As a matter of fact you can take the black LF buttons and turn it Brown giving a softer LF. They have it where you can have the orange knobs in the other section. That type of desk only exist in Japan but BX has it.

This year or the beginning of next year l will cop the BX SSL 4000 channel E. They have Waves beat on this one plus SSL helped them with that project.
Old 9th September 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks good looking out in the SSL 9000. I have some softube stuff already.

But the SSL 9000 is set up to be controlled on Console 1. And its $299

That is theit take on API. However I think it is the same price for SSL 9000.
Old 9th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
That is theit take on API. However I think it is the same price for SSL 9000.
BX SSL 4000 channel E l seen it for $349 at plugin Alliance.

How much is the ssl 9000?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search