The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
You confident with Studio One longterm? Audio Interfaces
Old 14th May 2018
Gear Maniac

You confident with Studio One longterm?

You confident with Studio One longterm? I like Presonus, but I feel like they do more then what they can handle. I think they put out way way to much hardware. The Studio One team does all of their ios apps. Seems that for every audio interface their is software for it. Capture, Studio One remote, Android UC Surface. I mean Native Instruments is bigger and they don't even come out with stuff as fast as Presonus.

Will they burn themselves out? What do you guys think?
Old 16th May 2018
Gear Head

I don't see the concern, frankly. No real issue here.
Old 18th May 2018
Lives for gear

I'm pretty much good with the fact that I'll be using Studio One well into retirement. It's done right by me for the most part, gave me a legit option to Pro Tools, and keeps the updates coming and always throws a fair price tag on it. I'd love to see improvements on some things, but I'm sure they'll all come in time. Anything I wanted changed about v1 was done so in v2. Same for v2 to v3. And they've added some great things I never thought of, or that I didn't know could really be done. So, yeah, I'm confident in Studio One long term.
Old 18th May 2018
Gear Head

Yes, Studio One works really well for me. Looking forward to V4
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Maniac

V4 is here and its great. They are doing what Avud should of done. I don't see the concern about them making products.

They are making it so if you want to get rid of Protools HD system you can their HD system.
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Some these mix engineers who use Pro tools and switched to Studio One are really upset with this upset. Do they really like Studio One is not just a DAW for one type of user? I like the update a lot.
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

I'm definitely one of the audio guys not thrilled with this update. It seems like great stuff for those that use it, but there's nothing here at all for me. I'd rather see them refine the audio editing, zero latency engine, redo Ampire, add some new MixFX, etc. I'll definitely be sticking with Studio One v3 and continue to use Pro Tools 2018, which I am very happy with.
Old 29th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Interesting on how all just the mix engineers don't like the update, but the songwriters and producers like it. Then again mix engineers need to understand that Studio One has bigger user base than what they are doing.
Old 30th May 2018
wkj
Here for the gear

I feel pretty confident with S1. In fact, thanks to v4 I am willing to even put more eggs in one basket. Thanks to their improved sampler I can ditch third party products. The advantage of having most things in one place is that backwards compatibility will be granted for quite a while. MacOS updates constantly break old software and when Apple is going to switch to their own cpus again we face the same problem. I am sick of not being able keep using my favorite plugins because the developer won't/can't release an update after Apple have made a mess of things for no good reason. By relying on stuff that comes with S1 there is a good chance that I'll survive every mac update. And if Presonus should get sick of Apple one day I should be able to switch to the Windows version effortlessly.
Old 30th May 2018
I think being involved in all of these other areas makes them stronger personally. I would still love to see a standalone i/o unit with DSP built in that integrated with S1. Maybe something that could even be built in to their range of Faderport devices similar to the old Control24 devices Digidesign used to make.
Old 31st May 2018
Lives for gear

Anyone using the StudioLive Series 3 with Studio One?
Old 31st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatizright View Post
Interesting on how all just the mix engineers don't like the update, but the songwriters and producers like it. Then again mix engineers need to understand that Studio One has bigger user base than what they are doing.
S1 pro has been my primary daw since v2... but, it’s woefully inadequate in some big areas (real midi stuff) and a bit wonky on a good deal of its core features... to me, this update is only valuable in that it’ll get me free updates for a year or so while presonus continues to make it better.

It’s a bit of an exaggeration to say that all engineers don likebthe update... if you could get out of your own point of view for a minute you might see where they’re coming from... nobody is p1ssed off about the update as much as they’re disappointed that big fundamental things that need to be addressed weren’t at all.... and it’s not just engineers that have noticed this... I’m a songwriter who plays real instruments and records them with a microphone against an amp... the updates don’t really address anything in my workflow...

But, y’all are turning this into some childish east coast/west coast thing between traditional musician based production and electronic/hip hop guys and it’s ridiculous. If this update is somehow earth shattering to you, then I suspect that you’re living on just the top of the iceberg and haven’t needed to really dig into deeper features... I just happened on a thread where you were knocking Cubase and seemed completely unaware or unwilling to sitting down and learning the ins and outs... and that’s cool... not everybody has to become the world’s next most innovative producer/creator. But, again, if your point of view is that somehow the rest of us (many of whom I suspect have been doing this for eons longer than you) don’t “get” how awesome S1 is compared to other daws it just makes it sound like this is your first beer.

I don’t care how you work and my gripes about the very little presonus rolled out has nothing to do with me not being “woke” to how music is made outside of my own bubble. But, when you take the tact that you have it just tells the rest of us that you don’t understand enough about recording/mixing, etc to even know what’s missing from studio one.

Just an observation after happening upon one too many of your posts basically saying the same uniformed thing...

Peace
Old 31st May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
S1 pro has been my primary daw since v2... but, it’s woefully inadequate in some big areas (real midi stuff) and a bit wonky on a good deal of its core features... to me, this update is only valuable in that it’ll get me free updates for a year or so while presonus continues to make it better.

It’s a bit of an exaggeration to say that all engineers don likebthe update... if you could get out of your own point of view for a minute you might see where they’re coming from... nobody is p1ssed off about the update as much as they’re disappointed that big fundamental things that need to be addressed weren’t at all.... and it’s not just engineers that have noticed this... I’m a songwriter who plays real instruments and records them with a microphone against an amp... the updates don’t really address anything in my workflow...

But, y’all are turning this into some childish east coast/west coast thing between traditional musician based production and electronic/hip hop guys and it’s ridiculous. If this update is somehow earth shattering to you, then I suspect that you’re living on just the top of the iceberg and haven’t needed to really dig into deeper features... I just happened on a thread where you were knocking Cubase and seemed completely unaware or unwilling to sitting down and learning the ins and outs... and that’s cool... not everybody has to become the world’s next most innovative producer/creator. But, again, if your point of view is that somehow the rest of us (many of whom I suspect have been doing this for eons longer than you) don’t “get” how awesome S1 is compared to other daws it just makes it sound like this is your first beer.

I don’t care how you work and my gripes about the very little presonus rolled out has nothing to do with me not being “woke” to how music is made outside of my own bubble. But, when you take the tact that you have it just tells the rest of us that you don’t understand enough about recording/mixing, etc to even know what’s missing from studio one.

Just an observation after happening upon one too many of your posts basically saying the same uniformed thing...

Peace
The release is what it is. If you need better midi tools then use Cubase. Also, mine as well stay on V3 or 2 if your not happy with what 4 brings. Either or I bet the more you see everyone talking about version 4 then you will buy it. Book it.
Old 31st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post

But, y’all are turning this into some childish east coast/west coast thing between traditional musician based production and electronic/hip hop guys and it’s ridiculous.

Peace
You must be new here.
Old 31st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_seldon View Post
You must be new here.
Lol

True Dat!
Old 1st June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatizright View Post
You confident with Studio One longterm? I like Presonus, but I feel like they do more then what they can handle. I think they put out way way to much hardware. The Studio One team does all of their ios apps. Seems that for every audio interface their is software for it. Capture, Studio One remote, Android UC Surface. I mean Native Instruments is bigger and they don't even come out with stuff as fast as Presonus.

Will they burn themselves out? What do you guys think?

Hardware doesn´t get cracked. You can record a whole band on one of their mixers on a stick without being forced to use S1. Their latest plugins have not been developed with the S1 user in mind. Can´t imagine they could survive from developing software only these days.
Old 1st June 2018
Deleted User

Simple answer, NO
Old 1st June 2018
Lives for gear
I was a sonar user for many years. Since they died, I have been shopping a new DAW. Cubase is my current choice but have yet to make the switch.

I wanted Studio one to be the choice because of tight integration with the Softube surface, but from what I read, Studio one does not handle the drum MIDI stuff like hat controls and Crash choke etc....

The MIDI does not have the depth of Cubase if that is a concern for you. If you don't plan on deep MIDI drums, then Studio one would be a good choice.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Question. Why do you think midi drums sucks in S1? I just compared them with Logic (don't know Cubase) and looks like eveything is there. Swing options, easy midi editing functions, Impact XT.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

They're talking about using e-kits, not just programming midi drums.
Old 3 days ago
Studio One is great and was a massive improvement for me over Nuendo, it revolutionised workflow, I’d hate to go back now, S4 has been a slow burn, perhaps not as rock solid as S3 - I’ve had more crashes on S4, where S3 that was practically nonexistent, but the new features are becoming more useful. I find it interesting how Studio One is featuring more and more in YouTube videos from all areas that in the past would have been solid PT territory. They must be doing something right!
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

I am one of those who left Cakewalk Sonar when Gibson did what it did. Presonus seemed a good choice and i am glad i got a nice deal with the S3.

My current recording setup is the best i have had so far. RME interface with S3 and Faderport (v1). I haven't had a single crash since i bought the S3 last December and the RME on July. I think i have everything i need in S3, that's why i haven't planned to upgrade to S4, nor i am interested to risk a well working setup.

I certainly hope Presonus can keep everything together. It seems it's not easy for them. If things go south, i can always try something else.

Last edited by Janne19691; 1 day ago at 12:30 PM..
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne19691 View Post
I am one of those who left Cakewalk Sonar when Gibson did what it did. Presonus seemed a good choice and i am glad i got a nice deal with the S3.

My current recording setup is the best i have had so far. RMI interface with S3 and Faderport (v1). I haven't had a single crash since i bought the S3 last December and the RMI on July. I think i have everything i need in S3, that's why i haven't planned to upgrade to S4, nor i am interested to risk a well working setup.

I certainly hope Presonus can keep everything together. It seems it's not easy for them. If things go south, i can always try something else.
You mean RME? Which model? I'm thinking about Babyface Pro.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiusz View Post
You mean RME? Which model? I'm thinking about Babyface Pro.
Yes, sorry. I meant RME. I have RME HDSP 9652 + the analog i/o expansion boards. They are PCI cards in my desktop computer.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiFF View Post
Studio One is great and was a massive improvement for me over Nuendo, it revolutionised workflow, I’d hate to go back now, S4 has been a slow burn, perhaps not as rock solid as S3 - I’ve had more crashes on S4, where S3 that was practically nonexistent, but the new features are becoming more useful. I find it interesting how Studio One is featuring more and more in YouTube videos from all areas that in the past would have been solid PT territory. They must be doing something right!
I get the feeling that Presonus may be pivoting a little with S4 more towards beat makers and the like. Like you said there seems to be a lot of Youtube vids now and not a few of them are from people who make hip hop and who came from FLStudio. I find that interesting.
Old 20 hours ago
Gear Head

Yup, Craftmaster and MG Future for example, good source of tutorials and info.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search