The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
F U Presonus like seriously... Audio Interfaces
Old 15th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
I don't put anybody on the ignore list. I have no desire to live in a bubble

If you could read your own posts objectively you'd see that the whole thing was just trying to negate every point that a number of different individuals had made.

I don't know about everyone else, but I have better things to do than to sit here inventing problems in order to write about them.

I'm not here to pick arguments either, but you're the second person to do this in the thread (question the validity of others' problems because you're not experiencing them).

It's not very productive!
Well, I think you misunderstand my post then, or I might indeed have used a tone which caused this.

What I meant to say with my comments is that it is not just a matter of "S1 sucks and Presonus does terrible programming". There are too many variables, my point with my trouble free setup is that it is not just all bad and it probably depends on a 3rd party plug-in or driver, a system/S1 setting or a certain workflow. I had the crash on close bug with Cubase for 2 years, I never found out what caused it. I did not have that issue on our test systems with the same projects and hardware. So it is not about "my system works fine so you are inventing your issues", but rather "it is a certain point in the configuration or workflow which triggers this".

I did try to give some feedback on causes, like the new file system of OSX. (hence my Mac reference. BTW: I sometimes use S1 on my wife's iMac). As the OP has ruled out quite some potential causes, this is my best bet and that would indeed be up to Presonus to validate.

The BV reference was not directly aimed at you, but it pops up every time here on GS while IMO (after thorough testing) it is a waste of time to use them.
I test the UAD cards on every system we configure here, so while I don't use them in my private S1 workstation anymore, I do verify compatibility with them, the same with Satellites and Apollo's. From this I know that many unsupported configurations simply work without issues.

The master stack: let's just agree to disagree...
A tip: for unknown reasons it sometimes helps to use a group before a master to spread the plug-ins. While physically this should still be troublesome, DAW developers do manage to optimize multi-threading so this does put some pressure off the main thread in some cases. I never tried it in S1 though.
Old 4th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Dammm what happened
Old 4th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
Dammm what happened
Another crash.
Old 10th July 2018
Here for the gear

Okay, one of the main reasons that I switched was DAWs a while back was because of stability issues with various DAWs that never seemed to get resolved, that's why someone recommended Studio One to me. I have literally tried to make Studio One crash with just about everything that I can throw at it, and I mean *seriously testing its limits. And in my time with it (I began testing/using it since a short while before v3,) it has never crashed....ever. I am running Win7Ult_64 and everything is golden. It is, honestly, the *only DAW that has never crashed on me at some point in time.
Seriously, I'm not MAC bashing, but it has to be your MAC, because Studio One is God-like in its solidarity, seeing as how it can withstand me running it through the same **** that nearly blew up FL Studio and Bitwig.
The only thing that I can add that *might help, is one of my friends had that problem with his MAC and he ended up switching to VST's instead of AU and, for whatever reason, that solved the problem. I know nothing about MACs so I don't know why using AUs would be an issue, but it was for him.
Hopefully, you can get that **** sorted out, in the meantime, at least you're in the right place to find an answer.
Old 14th July 2018
Gear Head

I feel the same as eXACT said, I was a longtime user of other DAW's (PT-HD & Cakewalk) that were a lot more "problematic" in my experience. Studio One 4 has been rock solid where I would use basically 30+ tracks on the average and up to 65 or more for pop to rock projects and whatever plug-ins that were needed, though I don't like to overdue processing. On larger band projects with more than 100+ tracks same "rock solid performance". I'm running a PC and the workload has been extreme, but S1/4 has worked for me and my CPU has stayed within 32% with the most largest track count & high VST usage.

To the OP, hope you find your solution.

Last edited by MantraSky; 14th July 2018 at 12:14 PM..
Old 21st July 2018
Gear Maniac

S1v3 is solid never had a crash. I hate PT it was terrible. Never going back to it. I'm on a PC also won't be using a Mac to do music no more.
Old 22nd July 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXACT View Post
it has to be your MAC, because Studio One is God-like
Its unfortunate to say but in my experience Studio One on Mac is just less stable than Studio One on Windows. Many of the issues I’ve found the cause of, reproduced, and reported to them were only on Mac systems. A handful were crashes (saving a song with an empty default instance of Presence will crash on Macs), some were things like Scratch Pad bugs, Mai Tai desyncing, etc — it’s not an unbearably long list but it’s an annoying handful of issues. These were confirmed by other users who use both platforms as Mac only issues. And the more heavy/diverse my workflow is and the more 3rd party plugins I bring into the mix the less stable it gets and the more it crashes. Other users seem to have no problem with these same plugins on Windows.

So these issues might not be because of their particular Mac. Some of them are simply because they’re using the software on a Mac at all. I don’t know if it’s that Windows is their focus, or if they lean Windows-heavy on the prerelease and bug testing group, but it just doesn’t get the same love, bless their hearts :D I’d bet it’s a bit of both since most of the power users who operate video channels and tutorial businesses seem to prefer PC.
Old 29th July 2018
Gear Nut

I have been StudioOne since 2012 and I started having my first problem last month. I'm using EastWest's composer cloud Ministry of Rock software. Everything is great EXCEPT my StudioOne will not record my sustain pedal data.
EW have been really great, I mean really great trying to help. This problem is intermittent and so aggravating.
Nothing on the web seems to help, can ANYONE please throw some knowledge at me? The sounds record perfectly, just on playback no sustain.

Using, StudioOne x64 Windows 10 x64 16gb Ram i7 SSD 256gb & 1tb drive for the samples.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search