The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
CTC 1 Console Shaper?
Old 6 days ago
Not a fan of the Console Shaper, to me it rounded the highs nicely but also turned dense mixes into mush, definition was lost so I prefer not to use it, maybe it will get better with an update but for now I prefer how my mixes sound without it.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-C. View Post
Not a fan of the Console Shaper, to me it rounded the highs nicely but also turned dense mixes into mush, definition was lost so I prefer not to use it, maybe it will get better with an update but for now I prefer how my mixes sound without it.
That was my experience as well. CTC-1 is better, but I much prefer the results I get from the Console 1 drive module and it is WAY easier on the CPU.

As another earlier post said earlier, yeah this is just a gimmik. I wasted my money on a plugin that can only be used in one DAW. It sounds good, but yeah not worth the money even on sale.

I said as much on the Presonus forums and a developer chimed-in and got all butt-hurt trying to tell me the reason I don't like it is because I don't understand the technology involved......
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsbb View Post
As another earlier post said earlier, yeah this is just a gimmik. I wasted my money on a plugin that can only be used in one DAW. It sounds good, but yeah not worth the money even on sale.

I said as much on the Presonus forums and a developer chimed-in and got all butt-hurt trying to tell me the reason I don't like it is because I don't understand the technology involved......
Personally I would have left the gimmicks till after the software was 99.9% perfect, then people would just silently vote with their credit cards. Even Tai Mai, which is a fantastic synth, wasn't necessary considering the vast amount of third-party synths we have.
Old 6 days ago
Yeah, I figure the tech involved must be exciting but it still needs work, it still does not sound like a real console, they way it pushes back things in a mix breaks the deal for now.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search