The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
CTC 1 Console Shaper?
Old 10th September 2019
Not a fan of the Console Shaper, to me it rounded the highs nicely but also turned dense mixes into mush, definition was lost so I prefer not to use it, maybe it will get better with an update but for now I prefer how my mixes sound without it.
Old 11th September 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-C. View Post
Not a fan of the Console Shaper, to me it rounded the highs nicely but also turned dense mixes into mush, definition was lost so I prefer not to use it, maybe it will get better with an update but for now I prefer how my mixes sound without it.
That was my experience as well. CTC-1 is better, but I much prefer the results I get from the Console 1 drive module and it is WAY easier on the CPU.

As another earlier post said earlier, yeah this is just a gimmik. I wasted my money on a plugin that can only be used in one DAW. It sounds good, but yeah not worth the money even on sale.

I said as much on the Presonus forums and a developer chimed-in and got all butt-hurt trying to tell me the reason I don't like it is because I don't understand the technology involved......
Old 11th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsbb View Post
As another earlier post said earlier, yeah this is just a gimmik. I wasted my money on a plugin that can only be used in one DAW. It sounds good, but yeah not worth the money even on sale.

I said as much on the Presonus forums and a developer chimed-in and got all butt-hurt trying to tell me the reason I don't like it is because I don't understand the technology involved......
Personally I would have left the gimmicks till after the software was 99.9% perfect, then people would just silently vote with their credit cards. Even Tai Mai, which is a fantastic synth, wasn't necessary considering the vast amount of third-party synths we have.
Old 11th September 2019
Yeah, I figure the tech involved must be exciting but it still needs work, it still does not sound like a real console, they way it pushes back things in a mix breaks the deal for now.
Old 20th September 2019
Lives for gear

What about HoRNet's Tape and Analog Stage?

Both of those items work with an instance on each track like other console emulations. In one of the videos they showed their Analog Stage on a scope and it looked like when I put Black Rooster's VPRE-73 in Plugin Doctor, one even harmonic.
Less than $10 apiece in the current sale they're having, and some of the demo videos are near convincing.

I ain't gonna lie, a Guitar2MIDI acquisition this month wiped me clean out so I don't know if I can raise even $8 for HoRNet, but if its a poor man's CTC-1 or Waves NLS I can borrow $1 apiece from the next 8 people I see

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search