The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I´m new to this
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I´m new to this

Im new to making hiphop beats, so i wonder if my beat is acceptable, or is it cheesy or something? I have no confidence in this genre.. Here is just a short clip: https://soundcloud.com/ruben-vike-vage/nigg-1/s-kKJES
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by rub1v View Post
Im new to making hiphop beats, so i wonder if my beat is acceptable, or is it cheesy or something? I have no confidence in this genre.. Here is just a short clip: https://soundcloud.com/ruben-vike-vage/nigg-1/s-kKJES
The beat could become a cool song, in the right context and with the right artist.

I’d expand on it a bit... add additional elements, changes and a hook that differentiates more from the main motif.

The mix is trash(y), but I’m not sure if that’s what you were going for or not... you haven’t really given any insight into your intentions, stylistic influences or reference tracks to compare with.

My opinion (worthless btw): bass was not recorded well, and the mix needs a lot of work. Levels are bad, balance is off, things sound clipped or overly processed, and lots of interference between sound elements that could be easily fixed.

Your track is interesting enough to me, and could be the perfect backdrop for a lyricist with a complimentary vibe and style.

Just don’t hit the wall or get discouraged. Better than most folks first beats for sure. Keep at it, and thanks for sharing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
The beat could become a cool song, in the right context and with the right artist.

I’d expand on it a bit... add additional elements, changes and a hook that differentiates more from the main motif.

The mix is trash(y), but I’m not sure if that’s what you were going for or not... you haven’t really given any insight into your intentions, stylistic influences or reference tracks to compare with.

My opinion (worthless btw): bass was not recorded well, and the mix needs a lot of work. Levels are bad, balance is off, things sound clipped or overly processed, and lots of interference between sound elements that could be easily fixed.

Your track is interesting enough to me, and could be the perfect backdrop for a lyricist with a complimentary vibe and style.

Just don’t hit the wall or get discouraged. Better than most folks first beats for sure. Keep at it, and thanks for sharing.
Thank you for feedback! This was just a rough mix trough my studio headphones. Im not used to listen to hiphop, so im not sure how much low-end and high-end i need in this genre. Usually i mix rock and classic music!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Peep @ rub1v Jaycen Joshua on IG (jaycenjoshua) the post where he says he doesn't usually mix rap records but he scored a hit w/Tyga's "Taste"
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

The bass gtr needs to be more solid. Track needs some glue to it. Not too bad though. Keep it up.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search