The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lo-Fi changed my life (feedback) Condenser Microphones
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Talking Lo-Fi changed my life (feedback)

Whats up everyone!

I am a rap artist/producer/engineer out of New Orleans, LA. I've been recording and mixing my own music for onwards of 3 years now, and i wanted to share some of my music and get some feed-back.

A little background to understand my style/preference. I am a huge fan of Noah "40" Shebib's work. I literally spent a 2 years re-watching his interview on Dave Pensado trying to understand his process of using "LoFi", and I believe i finally stumbled upon something.

My mixing process is completely in the box (DAW ProTools 11); I record through an Apogee Duet with the Manley Reference Cardioid Mic. I do some light compression and EQing in through a bus. I use stock protools LoFi plug-in on the instrumental track to drop the bit-rate, and then i also dither with Ozone 8 on my ALL MUSIC bus.

I'm not sure if this is 40's exact process, but i'm satisfied with recent results, and i've even been throwing LoFi on a lot of my background vocals. It does an incredible job dropping the sample-rate so you more or less "feel it" then "hear it".

Let me know what you guys think!

Much love,

Filey
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search