The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Aries. Music for a futuristic science fiction novel.
Old 18th July 2020
  #1
Aries. Music for a futuristic science fiction novel.



Aries.
Music for a futuristic science fiction novel.

-Hand played melodies: Elektron Analog Keys with Alone preset.
-Cloud of notes: Fates (DIY Monome Norns) with GRD script.
Modular Patch notes:
-Drums: Disting MK4 with the shift register F6 algorithm (Turing machine) sequences the Disting EX with Spitfire drums samples, Alright Devices Chronoblob.
-Arp: O&C running Hemisphere suite, with the Sequence5 app sequences the Mannequins Mangrove, Doepfer A-106-5 SEM filter, Xaoc Zadar envelope and Happy Nerving 3xVCA.
-Melodies: O&C running Hemisphere suite, with the ShifReg app (Turing machine) sequences the Ladik O-110, Ryo Aperture, Mutable Instruments Warps with the Parasites firmware running a Tape delay emulation (Variable rate delay) and Xaoc Zadar envelope.
-Bass: Mutable Instruments Plaits with the Wave shaping oscillator model sequenced with the ALM Pamela New Workout.
-General: Lots of modulation from the ALM Pamela New Workout. Everything modular mixed with Xaoc Devices Praga. Modular and Monome Norns mixed with Befaco STMix.

Sorry for the strange noises in 4:40 caused by my old soundcard (RME FF400) otherwise always sounding top.

My modular synth: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1270259
More info about Monome Norns: https://monome.org/docs/norns/
More info about the GRD script for Norns: https://llllllll.co/t/grd/33768
Old 19th July 2020
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Jpro600k's Avatar
 

Hi,mcpepe

I really like the resonance sound after 5 minutes.

Thank you for your wonderful music.
Old 19th July 2020
  #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpro600k View Post
Hi,mcpepe

I really like the resonance sound after 5 minutes.

Thank you for your wonderful music.
Yes. This is the part I most like too. I am always thinking the best parts in my compositions are in the second half or 3/4 of the duration of the tracks. And most people will not hear them.
So I am always thinking about form and structure to improve that.

Thanks for listening and for your comments!
Old 19th July 2020
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Jpro600k's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpepe View Post
Yes. This is the part I most like too. I am always thinking the best parts in my compositions are in the second half or 3/4 of the duration of the tracks. And most people will not hear them.
So I am always thinking about form and structure to improve that.

Thanks for listening and for your comments!
Hi,mcpepe

To solve that problem, put it at the beginning of the song. The reason is that you can understand the meaning when the theme appears the second time.
I think it's also a good way for your own color as it emphasizes the important parts of your own song.
For example, ask the theme to be heard at the beginning, fade out once, and then restart the song.
It's an easy method, but I think it's very easy to communicate.
I think it is effective in terms of composing songs.

Thank you.
I am happy to meet your music.
Old 19th July 2020
  #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpro600k View Post
Hi,mcpepe

To solve that problem, put it at the beginning of the song. The reason is that you can understand the meaning when the theme appears the second time.
I think it's also a good way for your own color as it emphasizes the important parts of your own song.
For example, ask the theme to be heard at the beginning, fade out once, and then restart the song.
It's an easy method, but I think it's very easy to communicate.
I think it is effective in terms of composing songs.

Thank you.
I am happy to meet your music.
I will try to do it this way next time. I like to experiment with new forms. Thanks!!
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 229 views: 25235
Avatar for schmuck
schmuck 2nd February 2012
replies: 769 views: 109417
Avatar for fiddlestickz
fiddlestickz 28th December 2019
replies: 68 views: 26942
Avatar for gravyface
gravyface 18th January 2017
replies: 106 views: 15111
Avatar for theMuzzl3
theMuzzl3 2nd August 2018
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump