The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
"Fire Soul!" - another tune inspired by '90s anime openings and Jpop in general
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

"Fire Soul!" - another tune inspired by '90s anime openings and Jpop in general

I wrote this tune around a year ago, and performed it live a few times, but it was only just recently that I finally got to recording it and making video* for it. It's the second one among my anime/J-pop inspired songs. This time the inspiration and the title came from Sailor Mars / Rei Hino character from Sailor Moon anime.

As for the instruments, it features mainly FM synths. Bass is from FB01, strings are Bohm Dynamic 24, pad/chord stuff is another FB01 layered with Syntheta 82 (one of analog polys built by me) and Mininova for that soft pad sound that appears sometimes. Main brassy lead is DX7II. There's also QY700 layered with Roland M-GS64 for acoustic-like brass parts, and M-GS64 also provides orchestra hits. Other leads are analogs - Boog and another one of my DIY synths, the Syntheta's earlier six voice prototype with a pet name "Skrzyneczka" (little box/chest).
The drums are mostly TR626 samples played back from AKAI S3000XL, with the exception of kick, which was sampled from analog.

I recorded it all to a pair of Fostex 80 1/4" 8 track tape recorders, and mixed on Behringer MX9000.

* Video is the collection of clips from Sailor Moon anime series that feature Sailor Mars mixed with footage of my live performance of this song at Decrunch 2049 demoparty in June 2019.

DIY Synth pics:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search