The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does this work?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Does this work?

Ok i started this track a few days ago. Started with the bassline and then struggled to get some kind of riff or chords to fit the track. Im not gonna lie im normally rubbish with chords and music theory.

I think i may be on to something, do these chords work? Im also thinking to take the vocals out and make my completly own track rather than it being a form of remix. Pretty sure the vocals arent in the same key as anything in the track anyways?!

Anyways have a listen.
Old 4 weeks ago
Wink

Hello, well, those chords (even if they seem like a lie) work, although today as is the electronic music market (where very few people have real musical knowledge) if the chords fit the musical key of your track or not, no I should worry you.
With regard to vocal samples, I would say that they also work since they are only adlibs, and (as a general rule) they work on almost any musical scale.
I think your track is a good idea, but you have to work it a lot to Give it a song shape.
For example I would change that bass sound that does not fit anything with the rhythmic base (in my opinion).
The drums sound would work more so that they would sound more blunt and sharp,
And the sound that forms the chords would also work, so that they had presence and at the same time do not blur the mixture.
They are just some ideas and my opinion, from my professional experience as a producer.
A greeting.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search