The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Patterns and Accidents
Old 5th October 2019
Here for the gear

Patterns and Accidents

One of the first fruits at an attempt to combine structured patterns with unpredictable processes to try and produce happy accidents.

Many varied techniques went into the creation of this track. Different length loops play together until they resynchronise at the end. The bass and treble are divided and the higher frequencies are subjected to a phase-shifting transformation. Effects are used to disrupt the flow in a regimented, but impossible to predict, manner - hinting at a triplet feel. As the complexity and layers of processing build, the track approaches a saturation verging on chaos. The end result is impossible to predict from the starting point.

I hope that you enjoy it!
Old 6th October 2019
Lives for gear

Very artistic finish
I like the YouTube version because the sound is three-dimensional and the bass is very good.
Old 6th October 2019
Here for the gear

Thank you very much. I do prefer the Youtube sound to whatever soundcloud does to it - they both come from the same source so in theory shouldn't be all that different but youtube is definitely preferable!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search