The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Denstrow's Psychedelic offerings
Old 28th August 2018
Denstrow's Psychedelic offerings

Taking a cue from fellow gearslutz user Fiddlestickz, I decided from now on to put all my tracks under one thread. Just so you know what to expect here, "Denstrow" is the moniker under which I release psytrance & related stuff.

First off is a free EP I put out recently on Bandcamp:

Do Not Disturb EP | Denstrow

As you may notice, there are a few more free offerings in Bandcamp as well. Feel free to dive in.

If you prefer youtube, you can listen to the whole ep here:

Enjoy!

Denstrow
Old 28th August 2018
Daytripping (album)

I also released an album in July, for anyone interested. It's more retro-flavoured than what I usually write - I see it as the kind of album I might have released 15-20 years ago, if I had the means to do it then (and didn't suck at production like I did at the time).

I usually describe the music as "leftfield psytrance with retro influences and progressive overtones".

Quite often - especially nowadays - you hear a lot of tracks sounding the same; from track to track, and artist to artist... I prefer variety, like in the psychedelic trance of the mid-90s, which is the kind of trance I grew up with, so I also try to do something different with each track.

Anyway, I hope you like it. Here's links to the album:

Denstrow - Daytripping (OGP058-Ohm Ganesh Pro) by Ohm Ganesh Pro | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Cheers

Last edited by denstrow; 28th August 2018 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: fixed link
Old 29th August 2018
...and here's a couple of psytrance dj sets I did recently, mixing older and newer tracks:

Psytrance DJ Set 18-07-18 by denstrow | Mixcloud

Psytrance Dj Set 05-08-18 by denstrow | Mixcloud

The second one is also available on youtube:

If you're interested in other genres as well, you might find some nice dj sets on my Mixcloud page.

Tracklist:

01 Loud - 5 Billion Stars
02 The Delta - Travelling At The Speed Of Thought
03 Nervasystem - Mythraic
04 The Zap! - One Forty Eight
05 ManMadeMan - Karahana (Hallucinogen Remix)
06 Double Dragon - Fluffy Purple Thing
07 Atmos - Klein Aber Doctor (Slinky Wizard vs. The Green Nuns Remix)
08 Denstrow - Do Not Disturb
09 Denstrow - Brawler
10 Hux Flux - Errorhead
11 Process & Slide - Creepy Crawly
12 Juno Reactor - Angel & Man (X-Dream Remix)
13 Tristan - Fetish
14 Doof - Angelina
15 Prometheus - Oscar
16 Hardfloor - Neurobot Tango
17 Strontium Dogs - Saracen
18 Shpongle - A Series Of Heads

Last edited by denstrow; 20th October 2018 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Added tracklist
Old 31st August 2018
Black Tide

A bit different, this one...

Last edited by denstrow; 3rd September 2018 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: Added Youtube link
Old 5th September 2018
Live Set

A live set I recorded last month.

Old 5th September 2018
A little track with an oldschool flavour - not too trancey, but quite interesting.

Old 13th September 2018
Another one, with elements of goa, techno and some angular riffs.

Old 13th September 2018
Eisjeiz

A more funky choon, with some progressive overtones.

Last edited by denstrow; 27th October 2018 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: Added Youtube link
Old 30th September 2018
Lingus (Denstrow Remake) (original By Snarky Puppy)

A demo of a psychedelic dance remake of Snarky Puppy's Lingus I'm working on, featuring the famous Cory Henry synth solo.

Old 1st October 2018
Gear Head

The Lingus remake starts out sick. I haven't heard the original but this has Man With No Name vibes all over it. Super clean mix. Reminds me of when I started producing, this being the kind of music I wished to make. The jazzy keyboard solo pokes out of the mix a bit awkwardly loud for my thinking but I understand that's the signal feature of the track (by Cory Henry I presume). The timing could be tighter in some places but in others it feels locked in. Maybe a comb or bandpass filter would give this a bit more airy vibe. The wandering nature of the solo reminds me of Shpongle tunes. Very cool.
Old 9th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by poole View Post
The Lingus remake starts out sick. I haven't heard the original but this has Man With No Name vibes all over it. Super clean mix. Reminds me of when I started producing, this being the kind of music I wished to make. The jazzy keyboard solo pokes out of the mix a bit awkwardly loud for my thinking but I understand that's the signal feature of the track (by Cory Henry I presume). The timing could be tighter in some places but in others it feels locked in. Maybe a comb or bandpass filter would give this a bit more airy vibe. The wandering nature of the solo reminds me of Shpongle tunes. Very cool.
Thanks for the input! It's just a demo for now; I'll replace the solo synth sound and work on it more as I'm not too happy with it either, I find it a bit underwhelming and messy sound-wise. I have recorded live drums, and will add a bass and a few more stuff, so it's a long way to go still, production/mixing-wise... But I think it will be pretty powerful in the end - at least if I can manage to dress up Henry's solo in an interesting way.

If you like jazz/fusion you should also check out the original, I think it is a modern day classic (check Youtube for the studio live version). As for my version, I just HAD TO 'steal' the solo and do something with it - hence the remix!

Cheers
Old 19th October 2018
Cybister

Here's another one, more towards progressive I suppose:

Enjoy!

Last edited by denstrow; 19th October 2018 at 07:24 PM..
Old 19th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by denstrow View Post
Here's another one, more towards progressive I suppose:

Enjoy!
Nice classic trance groove. It moves me physically and I'd like to hear it loud at club. Nice phatness.

Out of interest which monitors do you use? I'm reviewing the ADAM SP5 headphones and your mix sounds nicely balanced.
Old 19th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
Nice classic trance groove. It moves me physically and I'd like to hear it loud at club. Nice phatness.

Out of interest which monitors do you use? I'm reviewing the ADAM SP5 headphones and your mix sounds nicely balanced.
Thanks!

I'm using Neumann KH120A monitors and Senheiser HD650 headphones.
The sound of the monitors is, for me, very neutral and I'm happy with how they translate (I chose them over Focals). I'm now planning to buy the KH805 subwoofer to compliment them.

As for headphones, I haven't tested anything else really, but I imagine the SP5 sound great. I opted for open-back however because I sometimes mix with them and, as far as I know, open-back are better for that purpose.

Cheers
Old 19th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by denstrow View Post
Thanks!

I'm using Neumann KH120A monitors and Senheiser HD650 headphones.
The sound of the monitors is, for me, very neutral and I'm happy with how they translate (I chose them over Focals). I'm now planning to buy the KH805 subwoofer to compliment them.

As for headphones, I haven't tested anything else really, but I imagine the SP5 sound great. I opted for open-back however because I sometimes mix with them and, as far as I know, open-back are better for that purpose.

Cheers
Thanks denstrow, that's useful to know for a reference. Nice monitoring set-up; it shows.
I normally use open-back K702's although the SP5's have a good open soundstage.
Old 20th October 2018
Psytrance DJ Set 18-07-18

Tracklist:

01 Cypher - Starting To Feel Very Weird
02 Denstrow - Alley Cat
03 X-Dream - Out Here We Are Stoned (Shpongle Remix)
04 Prometheus - One Cell Short Of A Brain
05 Denstrow - Cybister
06 Noosphere - Vector
07 Man With No Name - Teleport (Nick Sentience Remix)
08 Sas,Ban,Tony - Xtra Terresticle
09 Metal Spark - Spring
10 Nervasystem - Scarlioni's Angle
11 Hallucinogen - Thugs In Tye-Dye
12 BUS & Planet B.E.N. - U-Boat (2015 Re-Edit)
13 Doof - Dawn Of A New Error
14 Shpongle - Dorset Perception (Gaudi Rmx)
15 Infected Mushroom - Tasty Mushroom
16 Hallucinogen & Lucas - Pipeworm
17 Denstrow - Brawler
18 Double Dragon - Encrusted Filth
19 X-Dream - Freak
20 M.E.E.O. - Lowrider Mono to Phono
21 Squarking Jazz - Buddha's Whisper (Denstrow remix)

Last edited by denstrow; 20th October 2018 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: Added tracklist
Old 24th October 2018
A good vibes/morning track, which I hope will bring a smile to your face...Enjoy!

Old 27th October 2018
Demo of a remix I'm working on

Old 27th October 2018
The Sins of Our Fathers

Here's an oldschool chillout track for a change... Still in need of an ending, though!

Last edited by denstrow; 27th October 2018 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: Added SoundCloud link
Old 28th October 2018
Psytrance DJ Set 28-10-2018

Another dj set, as always with both newer and older tracks, plus a few nuggets from other genres this time, thrown in for good measure.

Enjoy!

Psytrance DJ Set 28-10-2018 by denstrow | Mixcloud

Tracklist:

01 The Infinity Project - Stimuli (Hallucinogen Remix)
02 Midimiliz - Phenomena (Atmos remix)
03 Boris Blank - Night Train
04 Denstrow - Punch Bag
05 Prometheus & Pogo - A Wonderful Feeling
06 Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Green Nunions (New Mix)
07 Nervasystem - Camelonic
08 Denstrow - Melting Pot
09 Double Dragon - Gower
10 Ufomatka - Warper-mutator
11 Electric Sheep - Spiritual Spaghetti (Electric Sheep's Hectic HipHop Extravaganza)
12 Koxbox - This Can't Be Real
13 Atmos - Devine Hex
14 Denstrow - Unbound
15 Quirk - Robotised
16 Third Eye - You know
17 Shaolin Wooden Men - Angel mutator
18 Process - Cryogen
19 Double Dragon - Shudder
20 Add N to (X) - Meetings in Compact Boxes (Denstrow Edit)
21 Nervasystem - Axis Alchemica
22 Gong - Master Builder (Eye Mix - Yamataki Eye)

Last edited by denstrow; 28th October 2018 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: Added Youtube link
Old 29th October 2018
Bhedam Trance

A psytrance track that draws from carnatic music, with a lot of polyrhythms, and also in 9/8 time. Surprisingly, it seems to work!

Last edited by denstrow; 29th October 2018 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: Added Youtube link
Old 7th November 2018
A remix of the title track from the album "Daytripping", in minimal style, with some tech elements.

Old 30th December 2018
Psytrance Mix 30-12-18

A little end of the year mix...

Psytrance Mix 30-12-18 by denstrow | Mixcloud

Last edited by denstrow; 31st December 2018 at 11:21 AM..
Old 2nd January 2019
Bedswerver

New year, new track...Enjoy!

Old 10th January 2019
Squawk! (demo)

Demo of a new track I'm working on.

Last edited by denstrow; 10th January 2019 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: Added Youtube link
Old 25th January 2019
Ghoulish Acts & Dastardly Deeds

A leftfield midtempo track with some trancey elements.

Old 2nd March 2019
Tales from the Vault #1

An old track from the vaults (ca 2000).

Old 8th April 2019
Uncalled Four

A psychedelic techno track for a change, with some progressive elements.

Old 18th April 2019
Gong - Master Builder (Denstrow Remake) (demo)

Demo of a trance remake of Gong's Master Builder I'm working on.

Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Head

Cool stuff!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search