The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
State75 -state75 e.p.
Old 29th December 2017
State75 -state75 e.p.

Hi Folks!
my release STATE75 - STATE75 E.P. will be available on 04.01.18.

Shades Of Black is the first preview on Soundcloud.

I hope you enjoy!

Stay tuned via Facebook

State75 - Home | Facebook

Last edited by Deckard; 29th December 2017 at 11:11 AM..
Old 4th January 2018
Best things in life are free and also the new STATE75 E.P.!

5 tracks of deep electronic dance music to nod your head and move your feet!

Go to Bandcamp & click on Buy Now. Enter 0,- or more if you want.

I hope you enjoy and share it with everybody you like!

STATE75 E.P. | STATE75

Old 10th January 2018
Gear Guru

Cool! Downloading now!
Old 10th January 2018
Gear Guru

Shame on me for not checking out this subforum sooner. I've had this EP on repeat for days now. I want to know all the things about this masterpiece!

Specifics if I have to:

You said you were in the midst of a workflow change. Am I assuming correctly that the Rytm handles most if not all of the drums and percussion? Can you go into a little bit of your process like, what are the steps you took to get from inspiration to finished track? Does Ableton do the heavy lifting when it comes to composition or one of the hardware boxes?

I'm a modular fanboi so I have to ask, did the Doepfer see a lot of use on this EP?

You've got some very nice outboard compression, EQ and such. How essential would you say this was to the State75 sound?

Do you have any previous work out there? Future plans? Any chance of physical releases?
Old 11th January 2018
Wow! A Masterpiece? That is what a musician wants to hear after endless hours of exciting and frustrating work.

I will try to answer your questions as good as I can.

Let me start by the workflow change.

STATE75 is my second project after DECKARD (Deckard).

As DECKARD I produced sample based downtempo music since 1996.
About five years ago my style changed more and more to electronic music. So it was time to start something new. The material on the STATE75 E.P. is three to five years old.

I moved from Cubase to Ableton and a whole new world of possibilities opened up!

The STATE75 E.P. stuff was completely made in Ableton plus the outboard FX. The rest of the instruments came later, because I wanted to have something for quick inspiration full of unexpected behavior.

I must say that I don´t like the Rytm very much. The sample handling is awful. Maybe MK2 is better.

Ahh...the question about inspiration....

hmmm....

I normale start with a beat or a simple melody. I try to make the beginning quick and dirty. I jam. Record. Bounce with FX. Consolidate. Rerecord. Rebounce with more FX.
When having the basic framework I go into details. I work out the arrangement and change sounds. and then: Record. Bounce with FX. Consolidate. Rerecord. Rebounce with more FX. So things can happen, that are not playable.

An important part is that I am already mixing during the creative process. So all the parts melt together in a organic way.

And sometimes when a track is finished and I want to to final mixing and balancing it happens that I change it so drastically that a whole new version or different track comes out.

Inspiration comes through music and videos. When working on a track, I open up Youtube or Vimeo (Vimeo is the best for great videos) and search for a visual appealing piece and turn down the sound of it.
Now if I watch the video the music becomes more intense a I get a better overall feeling.

I want to dive more into the modular world, but first I habe to finish some stuff.

How important is the outboard FX?
Today you can do everything ITB on a very good quality level. But I always wanted some gear so I bought it. But one thing is sure about outboard. It makes balancing in the frequency and level domain much easier. Use the analog gain staging also inside Ableton. I keep the Main Bus always at -20 dbFS RMS. So I never get into issues with headroom. And I find out, when doing this, the overall sound is getting better and even louder with less compression and limiting.

My key to a better sounding mix is proper gain staging and saturation.

On the main bus I always habe the ADesigns Hammer and Nail and the TSACAM BR-20. The Hammer is a great sounding EQ, even when you haven't dialed in some correction. I makes the low frequency glueing together. The same for the Nail with just 2-3 db reduction.. After that on Tape via the Tascam. So I can say, this gear makes my sound.

My Projects were/are:

DECKARD - Deckard - downtempo

Mokusch - Mokusch | Free Listening on SoundCloud - experimental live music

STATE75 - STATE75 - electronic dance music

MAKAI-AUDIO - MAKAI AUDIO - Musikproduktion, O-Ton & mehr - making a living

My plans for the future is making more of STATE75 stuff.
I´ve never done some collaborations, but I really would like to. Also I am interested in making music for a movie.

A physical release would be cool, but it´s really expensive. I wrote to some labels but no reply. Lets see what happening.

I hope I could answer you questions as good as possible. If there are any more, go on!
Old 11th January 2018
Gear Guru

Thanks for all the information. It's a lot to digest. It's given me a lot to think about with my own workflow, though. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Shades of Black is awesome - it's one of those tracks that sounds polished and perfected right from the outset.

Going to check out the EP today, keep on doing this awesome stuff!
Old 12th January 2018
Old 19th July 2020
This is a remix for the Panic Girl track - Moonbase - that I done for her remix contest.
Moonbase is part of Panic Girls Album - Cake On Jupiter - which is out on Modularfield.

https://state75.bandcamp.com/track/m...-state75-remix

📝 Reply