The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fiddlestickz tracks..
Old 2nd September 2014
Gear Guru

Fiddlestickz tracks..

Okay so I have a new computer ( mac mini i7 ) and a new Machinedrum, so this is the first track produced out of the new gear, bassline is bass station 2 played live and audio quantized, beats are from the machinedrum, just a few presets linked together in a pattern chain, some reverb on the bassline and that's it basically..

going to try n keep all my new tracks in this one thread in future for ease of use and saves clogging up this forum with multiple threads for each new track.

du du du arh..!!
Old 3rd September 2014
you definitely got some interesting sounds going on here, and I like the image you chose as well. good werk
Old 8th September 2014
Old 9th September 2014
Gear Guru

bass station 2 and machindrum, a little master compression and EQ in Reason that's it..
Old 11th September 2014
Gear Guru

This is the first of around a dozen or so tracks that I'm reviving from my producing days back in the the 90's in London, they were all done to 2track tape using very little gear...my entire studio was nothing more than these few bits of equipment..

tb-303
sh 101
Nord Lead 1
Emu Sampler
1 Alesis outboard effects unit
Ataris 1040 st running Cubase V1

Old 11th September 2014
Gear Guru

another remastered 90's track cleaned up in Reason and bounced, sounds very 90's but still an okay listen..

Old 12th September 2014
Gear Guru

minimal..
Old 12th September 2014
Old 16th September 2014
Gear Guru

ambient-dubby-techno anyone...

bassline = BS2
drums = machinedrum
all other sounds = Roland rompler
sample = taken from a Thai documentary on plants and sounds
Old 16th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post

bassline = BS2
drums = machinedrum
Fantastic track.
Great laid back rhythm, atmospheric sounds, and a killer bass.

I've got the original book of "The secret life of plants". It's a bit "out there", but fascinating.
Old 16th September 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Nice job on this one - very professional sounding arrangement. The congas are a nice touch.
Old 17th September 2014
Gear Guru

Thanks guys..
Old 22nd September 2014
Quote:

bassline = BS2
drums = machinedrum

Liked it a lot fiddlestickz ....

PEACE

MORDICUS
Old 25th September 2014
Gear Guru

This is a track I've just finished today, the bassline is preset 3 on the BS2, the insecty buzzy sounds towards the end is preset 17, the Rest is tedious drum programming in Reason, the effects are the filter 4 and Echo..

Old 30th September 2014
Gear Guru

new track finished, ambient techno...took me about 4-5 days from start to finish.

The drums & percussion are all Kong, one triangle pattern is from Dr rex player with the LFO routed to pan & filtered heavily with a LP filter, some of the squelches are from the bass station and other random sounds and riffs are from my Roland ROMpler..

enjoy..it really put me to sleep last night as I let it play around a dozen times, quite like this one.

Old 9th October 2014
Gear Guru

new track finished it this morning..

enjoy..
Old 13th October 2014
Gear Guru

My daughter spotted this track name on my computer the other day and asked me to play it, it's an old track I wrote back in the 90's in London, so I played it and she liked it and she wants it in the car so we can listen to and from school etc, anyways I've spent all day re-mastering it as it sounded awful ( was recorded to two track tape ) so now it's a lot cleaner sounding...

darren the sea snail...and by the way it's me singing in it...lol

I haven't tested this on any other system but my lsr 305's so I'm unsure if it's going to even translate well to the car or anything, it's pretty ruff sounding..
Old 13th October 2014
Lives for gear

Cool, I liked Darren the Sea Snail a lot, it's simple but works really well with the driving bassline.
Just listening on my cheapy computer speakers, it's still a little muddy in the low end, but not too bad. Maybe in part due to the original tape recording.

Actually I listened to all the last few tracks, and they all sound impressive. "Carbon Copy" is definitely my favorite.
Old 13th October 2014
Gear Guru

yeah Darren is a bit murky on the iMac speakers to, the bottom end is as wooly as a sheep, hard to clean up properly once it's come off old two track...might pull it down and really eq it properly one day...I've got heaps of others that need the same sort of treatment too, these were all written back when I didn't have good understanding of gain structure and it was just about getting it recorded..sheesh...lol
Old 10th November 2014
Gear Guru

latest track...took me nearly two weeks to finish this blighter...whew..
Old 10th November 2014
Gear Guru

remastered bangin' tekno track from a few months ago...louder the better..!!!

Old 17th November 2014
Gear Guru

completed in a single day...I like this one, simple, slow and trippy..
Old 24th November 2014
Gear Guru

new one...finished it today...aim to put this and Gas Giant Emissions onto an album with some others I'm working on, want to get them mastered and mixed a lot better first..

enjoy...minitaur filter all across this..
Old 24th November 2014
Lives for gear

Just writing here to subscribe to the thread. I haven't listened yet but definitely will come back and do so.
Old 24th November 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
Just writing here to subscribe to the thread. I haven't listened yet but definitely will come back and do so.
I would start with gas Giant Emissions first if I were you...that's the one I'm liking the best at the moment, want to go back to it and add some awesome NASA samples I found yesterday..

oh by the way I listened to that teaser, very nicely done, sharp production there..!!
Old 1st December 2014
Gear Guru

new track finished it last night...

enjoy..
Old 5th December 2014
Gear Guru

Forgot to post this one here, it was done after gas Giant Emissions and before Digital Butterfly, but for some reason I forgot to upload it here...

anyways this track is about a mother Alien-hybrid-bird-lizard who has to sing to her young, who are still in their eggs, she sings to force them to come out and crack open the eggs before this strange Alien egg fungus grows around the egg and seals the young in forever, so the mother squawks and makes strange strange alien sounds to encourage her young out before the evil fungi traps them inside...

Old 16th December 2014
Gear Guru

new track...
Old 16th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

new track finished it last night...

enjoy..
Very tight, loved the percussion. Your unorthodox sounds are mixed very well together.
Old 16th December 2014
Gear Guru

why thank you sir...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search