All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Akai S900 + Octatrack Deep and Slow Lo-Fi House
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Maniac

Akai S900 + Octatrack Deep and Slow Lo-Fi House

Slow and Deep, all recorded on cassette! Enjoy
Old 4th November 2013
Here for the gear

Nice one! Did you trigger the akai with the OT, and bounced the total on a single stereo cassette track?
Old 9th November 2013
Lives for gear

trippy tune it's warping my mind a bit. Man that kick and hi hat sounds phat. Lovin the lo fi sounds here they sound genuine not bit crushed. dark and mysterious. Not sure about the synth sound that keeps changing in pitch i don't think you need that. I'd fix that and call it a day on this track. Diggin it
Old 16th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Soory for the late reply, was on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpricut View Post
Nice one! Did you trigger the akai with the OT, and bounced the total on a single stereo cassette track?
Yep!
OT is my MIDI sequencer which triggerd the s900, which both gone through the mackie 1642 vlz into the cassette deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radic View Post
trippy tune it's warping my mind a bit. Man that kick and hi hat sounds phat. Lovin the lo fi sounds here they sound genuine not bit crushed. dark and mysterious. Not sure about the synth sound that keeps changing in pitch i don't think you need that. I'd fix that and call it a day on this track. Diggin it
thanks!
thats the magic of cassette I really like that kind of vibe and sound so I always record on tape. The pitch change might be a little bit too much on the synth, but without the whole synth the track would be sound a little bit too instrumental and boring.
Old 17th November 2013
Lives for gear

hey man i really liked this a lot. i've been on a kick listening to artists that use the octatrack, and so i'm really looking forward to listening to more by you. great work, subscribed on yt
Old 17th November 2013
Lives for gear

I dig it, right up my ally as far as dark and lofi goes
Not meaning to steal your thunder, here is a track
I put together last week, with Octatrack, OP-1
V-synth, MS20 mini and Novation BSII

Kind of in the vein

Old 19th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Thanks all

Do you need any label which would fit this music style? I want to send it in as a demo, but I don't know any cool label which would fit.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search