The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
2ndMOUSE - Biotic ( Boards of Canada fans will like this )
Old 20th October 2013
2ndMOUSE - Biotic ( Boards of Canada fans will like this )

Its still rough mixwise , but its going in the right direction
It wasn't intentional to make it sound like Boards of Canada , but it does.
It is what it is.

Feedback welcome. It will all help to make the track better.

Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Hey 2ndMouse,
your tracks are really starting to impress me. Melody based electronic with cool production.
This is a great example. Nothing to add about changes to make, it already sounds very good.
Keep them coming.
Old 20th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
Hey 2ndMouse,
your tracks are really starting to impress me. Melody based electronic with cool production.
This is a great example. Nothing to add about changes to make, it already sounds very good.
Keep them coming.
Thanks Brightside.
I work hard at the melodies.
A lot of electronic music has , and is , focused on groove , but the way I see it , groove isn't what will be remembered , wheras melody is timeless , and transcends genres and styles.
There seems to be an unspoken concensus that electronic music has to be po-faced and serious and all " well , im exploring the relationship between 2 notes and the psychoaccoustic dissonance of inter-notational phasing " and its all a bit blah blah blah , with no substance.. Those who can , do. Those who can't , just waffle.
Im trying to make electronica that has a balance of the experimental , but also , has a melody that will be remembered , because its all about the melodies at the end of the day.
Really appreciate you listening. Thanks =)
Old 21st October 2013
* NEW version uploaded
Old 21st October 2013
It really does sound/feel a lot like BOC. The beat is bigger here tho. It's got some Com Truise in it too, strong on melody, but there's no "hook" feel to it. The theme just flows nicely throughout the song. Great job, very nice stuff.
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Not a huge fan of the beats, I think they sort of interfere with the melodies, making it hard to concentrate on the non-beat content. I'd like it much better if it just had a simple, smooth, Air-style drum loop quietly in the background.

Then again, I don't think I've ever heard any BoC songs, so I don't know if the genre is supposed to sound like this.
Old 21st October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
It really does sound/feel a lot like BOC. The beat is bigger here tho. It's got some Com Truise in it too, strong on melody, but there's no "hook" feel to it. The theme just flows nicely throughout the song. Great job, very nice stuff.
Many thanks Raymond.
Com truise is a name ive seen around that I'd like to have a listen to , but havent yet heard. Theres just sooooo much stuff out there that its impossible to hear it all.
I always try hard to get a good melody , without , as you say , obvious hooks. Im after something more like a " sublime grower that sneaks up on you ".
Glad you like it , and thanks for stopping to comment

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search