The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
100% Slim Phatty - Moog'n'Dub Desktop Synthesizers
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

100% Slim Phatty - Moog'n'Dub

Hi there! Just finished a new experiment here:

100% Slim Phatty - Moog'n'Dub (Original Mix) by Point Source by Point Source on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

All sounds from Slim Phatty, except for shaker and a few congas.

The little perc that kicks in since the beginning was made with the Phatty.

There are several others experiments using only moog to create the tunes, check them out they're really cool!

Hope u guys enjoy
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear
Nice
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Tasteful!
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

you're so much better at programming the slim phatty than I am :p

Whats your secret?! I can only ever get bass out of this thing.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Head

As a Slim Phatty user myself I love hearing what others do with it, especially your use of it for polyphonic pads. This track was as nice as the rest of yours, but I checked out Proog and I really like the slighty detuned lead sound that kicks in from the start. Have you managed to get a good kick drum out of the Phatty?
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardi Gras View Post
you're so much better at programming the slim phatty than I am :p

Whats your secret?! I can only ever get bass out of this thing.

Hi mate! Well, secret? I'll tell you! Lot's of study and experimentation!

Skills only come with practice, seat down with your phatty and start tweaking!

The more you use it, the more you will become expert on it. I was overwhelmed with the vast number of different synths when i first started to dive in the world of synthesis, wanted to tweak all of them all the time, but you really have to choose one that you love and dedicate your time to it.

By the way, i love your track! Really good, and u've managed to take a killer bass out the phatty indeed.

People tend to think that moogs are only suitable for bass and leads, but hey, it's a synth, if you know how to use you can create infinite timbres.

Other thing you have to learn is how to use effects (chorus, phaser, delay, reverb, etc.). They really transform your patches into something new.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurniture View Post
As a Slim Phatty user myself I love hearing what others do with it, especially your use of it for polyphonic pads. This track was as nice as the rest of yours, but I checked out Proog and I really like the slighty detuned lead sound that kicks in from the start. Have you managed to get a good kick drum out of the Phatty?

Hi mate! Wow thx a lot for the kind words! It ended up nice right? I like that idea, gonna cook it more .

I see u are following me at soundcloud, started following u too, gonna check your tracks there.

I haven't managed yet, but i think it's possible. I think im almost there, i was able to make those snappy perc sounds for this track i posted here, a bit more of tweaking and maybe i can turn it into a kick. I'll send you the patch if you like, along with others i've made.

But there are some patches that only makes sense with some effects applied, gonna write down wich ones.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by axs1 View Post
Nice

thx mate!
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
Tasteful!
Thx a lot mate, glad u enjoyed it!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search