The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Minimal dub remix
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Minimal dub remix

Hi

here is a remix I did for my friend Exos. It's soft, minimal dub techno, or something like that.

Exos yagyaremix demomaster by Yagya on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I used Cubase and all the sounds are samples (mostly analog synths) played by kontakt and battery. I didn't use any sounds form the original track

any comments are welcome

ps. I also posted it here : https://www.gearslutz.com/board/work-...ly-honest.html
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

This is really nice.
Old 15th September 2011
very nice deep vibe

it it's remix, why didn't you use at least one element from the original, so the people recognize it? this way you've done a really nice original, that you could sell yourself
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
This is really nice.
thanks dude !

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
very nice deep vibe

it it's remix, why didn't you use at least one element from the original, so the people recognize it? this way you've done a really nice original, that you could sell yourself
thank you as well, kind sir! well, all I got was a stereo file, so I just decided to layer sounds over the original and then mute it. The other remixes for this track had the original track with added extra sounds, so this creates a nice balance for the release, I think. plus I think it's kinda funny to do a remix with out anything of the original sounds
Old 15th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagya View Post
thank you as well, kind sir! well, all I got was a stereo file, so I just decided to layer sounds over the original and then mute it. The other remixes for this track had the original track with added extra sounds, so this creates a nice balance for the release, I think. plus I think it's kinda funny to do a remix with out anything of the original sounds
So you played along the original. That's cool too. I also always tend to go too far away from the original. Finally you and the label have to be fine with it heh
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
So you played along the original. That's cool too. I also always tend to go too far away from the original. Finally you and the label have to be fine with it heh
if the label doesn't like it, it can eat a ****! i'm an artist, not an dancing monkey! no I'm just kidding heh normally I don't like to remix, precisely because I feel like I have to use some of the original sounds, which is hard for me. but I found a way to fool them, didn't I?! muhahaha!
Old 15th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagya View Post
if the label doesn't like it, it can eat a ****! i'm an artist, not an dancing monkey! no I'm just kidding heh normally I don't like to remix, precisely because I feel like I have to use some of the original sounds, which is hard for me. but I found a way to fool them, didn't I?! muhahaha!
hahaha yes heh heh heh

I love to remix, but usually I only take the element I like most and built everything around it from scratch. It's more like an original, but still has something from the original.

I am a dancing monkey, who loves to smoke and dance to the remixed groove
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Really good. Well done!
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

exos is my cousin

and nice track man
Old 19th September 2011
This is nice. I really like your rigning album btw - you clearly love those rain samples ;-)

This seems a bit more upfront in the mix and dancefloor friendly
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Big fan of Rigning too, got it on vinyl. Gotta listen to this when I get home.
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipZepi View Post
exos is my cousin

and nice track man
exos is a great guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashbad View Post
This is nice. I really like your rigning album btw - you clearly love those rain samples ;-)

This seems a bit more upfront in the mix and dancefloor friendly
thanks. he he yeah, I like rain samples, perhaps I need to use something else one day haha. there is just something very soothing about it. and it fills the background of the mix with dynamic little sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfunkel View Post
Big fan of Rigning too, got it on vinyl. Gotta listen to this when I get home.
thanks man!

Old 22nd September 2011
restpause
Interesting. Why is the tune private?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search