The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Phurniture-Phour Pack (4 Track Set) Desktop Synthesizers
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Head

Phurniture-Phour Pack (4 Track Set)

Hellooo fellow electro-slutz. I just publicly shared a set of 4 tracks that I completed a few months ago. I hope you enjoy them. I would say that "Nightbumps" is my fave of the lot. Apologies now for the inconsistent volume from track to track.

Phurniture's sets on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

In terms of technical details, they were completed using my typical workflow of Ableton Live as the DAW, GoldBaby drum samples, Moog Slim Phatty for bass/lead/acid/fx sounds and many of the chord sounds in this set are from the Korg Legacy Edition M1 soft synth (such as any of the chord stabby sounds and strings/pads).
Old 15th September 2011
nice tracks

input for turn on the dark: after the first small break, at 2:10 i missed the 2nd kick. there are just the straight kick and bass.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Head

Yeah, about that - the sound you describe as the "2nd kick" wasn't meant to be a kick at all. It was a distorted tom sound. I always had issues with it as it was pretty bassy and competed with the main kick drum. If I EQ's the lows out then it lost it's character.

But in terms of "missing the kick" after the break, it did come back around the 2:25 mark

Thanks for listening and for your comments on this track and the others. I'll be sure to give your tracks a listen as well. Cheers.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

VERRRrrrrrry nice work.

Reminds me a lot of Metro Area... I like Metro Area.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just listened there, killer mate!! Great timbres, loved the rythm, amazing job.

I've created this group on soundcloud:

100% Moog group on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Only tracks made exclusively with moog synths are allowed.

Percussive elements are allowed.

It will be killer to have your track there.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Head

Thanks Simonator - that's a huge compliment, as I loooove Metro Area. I've seen them live twice!

Point Source, thanks for the comments! I've joined the group and will either select a track or create one for the group soon.

Cheers.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

nice tracks! very chill and groovy. I like the 'simplicity' of them, in the sense that there isn't all this extra unnecessary sh&* going on (ten million blasts of side chained white noise and explosions). They're good listening just based on the music and the groove. I get a little bit of Booka Shade-ish vibe in parts. Nicely done sir!
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

Funny you say that, frankthefunky1. I think the "white noise blasts" have become so ubiquitous that I sometimes think "this track is almost done, but maybe it needs a white noise build up here and there". Thankfully I've avoided it for the most part! Cheers!
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurniture View Post
Funny you say that, frankthefunky1. I think the "white noise blasts" have become so ubiquitous that I sometimes think "this track is almost done, but maybe it needs a white noise build up here and there". Thankfully I've avoided it for the most part! Cheers!
You're absolutely right that they are ubiquitous. I find that they are so overdone, it's refreshing to just hear a track for once lol. I recall listening to A State of Trance a year or so ago and the entire set was ALL white noise. LIKE WTF!!?? I should just release a track of white noise and watch the cheques roll in....

I think there are other ways to provide interest without using the same old same old. You've done so with the groove and the music. A little white noise is good every now and then sure, and re-listening to your tracks I've found that you have some 'noise' in there from reverbed percussion sounds or a crash here and there. I dig it. A little here and there. I think with too much it just starts sounding like everything else and loses it's 'wow factor.' I find myself more and more just turning sh&% off thinking, 'oh another one of these.'

IMO white noise is to edm as overt autotune is to pop/hip hop/rnb/what have you, or wobbles to dubstep. It's been done to death and has gotten old and has been stale for quite some time.

anyways, just a little rant there for ya Keep up the good work!

frank
Old 6th June 2012
Lives for gear

yea nice job... Question: there is a big volume jump between 1st and rest of the tracks ... is the first on mastered? if yes do u do it urself?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search