The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
here is my new prog track Desktop Synthesizers
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear
originally its made with basic logic instruments,

but last week i remodelled some bass and lead sound by a moog sp
amd some atmosphere comes from virus ti since than

the vocal track is just for the desired target soundings, but it should be replaced later by a real vocal track (any ideas to make it real to find a vocalist like that soundings?)
Old 14th September 2011
I liked it. Nice sounding mix. Maybe a touch busy in parts but overall good.

I also liked the vocal as it is. I don't think you should put a full vocal track on it and should just leave it as snippets.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Nice work.

Starts of well... but for me personally, you push it just a touch too far into the cheese zone with the over hyped riser builds/epic piano & vocal snippets.

Also, it could perhaps benefit from a bit more in the sub region... which is currently quite light for this type of dance track.

Overall though, very professional sounding production & arrangement. Well done.
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear
Really thanks for the comments!
Did you mean about the riser are to aggressive or just too often presented the mentioned elements? or maybe the same time?!

About the sub the low end sub theme has taken back a little, coz it was too loud at high volume for my taste, but i will check again when i get back my fresh ear
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by takacspeter View Post
Really thanks for the comments!
Did you mean about the riser are to aggressive or just too often presented the mentioned elements? or maybe the same time?!
Just too trancy/overt/cheesy for my personal taste... but I'm sure some people will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takacspeter View Post
About the sub the low end sub theme has taken back a little, coz it was too loud at high volume for my taste, but i will check again when i get back my fresh ear
I'm now able to listen a bit louder... I can hear a little sub on the kick... but not a lot to speak of beyond that.

What monitors are you working on?
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear
My monitors are KRK Rokit G6 and KRK 10s sub 2.1
It has calibrated to my favorite soudings tracks when I installed the sub

The kick has a sine layer and there are an independet sub track, u can hear that in the breakdowns without the bass stabs
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

kickin bass!
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

That bass sound is sweet. A Moog Slim Phatty you say? If I could offer any advice (the track is well mixed, no denying that..) but perhaps have a stronger melodic content, either with vocals or instrumentals. It sounds good but I won't remember it tomorrow, because you don't quite have a hook that sticks in your head.

Reminds me a bit of a track I made a while ago, JD-800 on the bass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY0Fz9fWPm8

Ridiculous that the video guy mixed it to mono.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid360 View Post

Lauren Hildebrandt "Burnin Out" [ Music Video directed by Patricio Ginelsa ] - YouTube
Great video!

An army of alien transvestites use their uber-camp-diva-dancing to hypnotise all of the earthlings until they give up the will to live, and, in a trance-like state, submit to their power... but then, at the last minute, Mulner & Skully come to the rescue!!!

It's random... but it definitely WORKS!

Much better than those generic videos that just have some girls dancing around.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
An army of alien transvestites
Yeah, Lauren aint' that cute, but her parents have money.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid360 View Post
Yeah, Lauren aint' that cute, but her parents have money.
It was more the dance moves that they are all doing rather than anyone specific's appearance... but hey- that was 2005 for ya!!

Like the musicality of the track... phrasing of the lead melody is nice & the chromatic Arabic licks are good.
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear
[QUOTE=Liquid360;7039462]That bass sound is sweet. A Moog Slim Phatty you say? If I could offer any advice (the track is well mixed, no denying that..) but perhaps have a stronger melodic content, either with vocals or instrumentals. It sounds good but I won't remember it tomorrow, because you don't quite have a hook that sticks in your head.

Yes it's Slim Phatty the sub, and the analog lead, and in this version the bass stabs are come from the SP. Now the stabs are layered and got a little different attack from Virus. About the melodic now its a difficult question to get the balance i removed all the variant from the piano i had some more, and i kept the simplest finally and now you come )
i dont have so much experience about the vocal included music, but i think i have to keep the melody simple, if i want a full vocal inlay(coz i plan, but someone told that i dont have to do a full vocal)... maybe i have wrong
And you have right about hard to remember tomorrow, thats why i strive to bring on some feelings at the moment when its heard after 4am

Anyway this track is my 3rd track what i complete, i have other experimental sketches, but those had not finished...
Every advice is considered, thats why I am here

Sorry my weird english, but some of my words come from dictionary
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Anyway this track is my 3rd track what i complete,
Its good, especially for "only a third try". Just like Ohmicide, I think you need some catchy melodies. Catchy doesn't always mean poppy. The more "dark" the music is, the harder it is to do.
Old 29th November 2011
Here for the gear
Vocal added

Finally I've a vocal preview of my new Dance track!

Listen here :

DubRelation feat Hannah - Someday by Dub Relation on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Old 29th November 2011
Here for the gear

piss poor effort..well done

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search