The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Drum and Bass Track (Panacea/Pendulum-ish) Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 13th September 2011
Drum and Bass Track (Panacea/Pendulum-ish)

Hello all!

Here is a recently completed drum and bass track, I think it's some of my best work so far and would be very happy to hear form other drum and bass fans as to how it sounds to them.

Thanks for your time and appreciation!

Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

sounds good. Maybe throw a break in there to change it up, it sounds like the same thing over and over for 4 minutes straight.
Old 13th September 2011
Thanks Augsy! Great suggestion!!
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augsy View Post
sounds good. Maybe throw a break in there to change it up, it sounds like the same thing over and over for 4 minutes straight.

sounds good but needs a real drop/ change. or just a longer bassline so it doesnt seem like short loop on repeat...

What did you use on this?
Old 13th September 2011
Another great suggestion from "incurablebeatlus"!!!

I always seem to forget the breakdowns lol! it's almost always the first critique I get on my arrangements... not sure when I'm gonna remember that lol.

I used Battery 3, ReFx Nexus 2, NI Massive, Camel Audio Alchemy, Custom Ableton Drum Racks etc... Sound Toys, McDSP, Waves, Izotope Ozone 4, Ableton stock plugs etc...
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

some quick points

you need some fills , build ups , efx to build the structure of the track

you need more variation on the bass . sounds to clean , like a preset layered over sub bass . efx , processing , filtering , more sounds layered , modulate it all .

a bit more variation in the drums , more fills to lay out the structure of the track , more percussion elements

your number 1 cardinal sin - you have no breakdowns !!!!! remember this is dance music for a dj to play , you need clearly structured parts including atleast 1 break down and an intro and outro to mix with . you dont have to but it will help the djs and the dancefloor a lot

overall a good track , youve got your basics down you just need the little touches and polishes and work on your track structure more

heres a darkstep track i did a while ago , its not great by any means but you can see just looking at the wave form its structure is much more clearly defined .
Old 14th September 2011
Big up Tvsky! Super solid critique!!! Thank you very much!!!!

I really enjoyed your tracks as well, and definitely see where you are coming from on the arrangement angle. I suppose i just thought of this track as a quick rinse out for 2 minutes of someones DJ set... not as a fully produced single... maybe that's a personal issue lol!!! [possibly need to motivate myself more to finish these ideas more fully]

I guess being at it for so long without any real feedback can get you quite pigeon holed, and detached from the larger spectrum of production that is making the grade.

Thanks again to everyone who commented!! I am extremely appreciative of all of your opinions.

I'll put some more time into this and see what I can come up with, and post the results here when they become available.
Old 14th September 2011
couldn't agree more with the feedback already given

I say a real drop would be proper, specially with different beat (more dnb less jungle) and perhaps a second one with a drumstep beat
Old 14th September 2011
Those are some very insightful suggestions ohmicide! Thank you for taking the time to listen and critique the track, it is extremely appreciated.
Old 27th September 2011
Hello Everyone!

I want to thank you all again for commenting!!!

I haven't had a chance to rework this track but I have had time to finish up another drum and bass production in a similar vein, this time with a female vox and incorporating a lot of everyone's suggestions.

Hope you all enjoy!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search