The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My new single is coming out tomorrow!!! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 13th September 2011
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
Ericdestler's Avatar
 

My new single is coming out tomorrow!!!

My new single is coming out tomorrow on all major platforms, iTunes,Beatport..etc for Exklusive Records. Please check it out and comment if you like it. The track was done all ITB and mixed on SSL console with lots of outboard, if you're interested in gear details lemme know.Cheers
E

Old 14th September 2011
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Simonator's Avatar
 

Sounds very much like the current wave of pop music. Not my personal cup of tea, but I'm sure it will be a commercial success.

Do people actually compose lyrics like these, or is there some sort of software now that rearranges a pool of words to provide that generic Kesha/Black Eyed Peas style?
Old 14th September 2011
  #3
Gear Maniac
 
Ericdestler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
Sounds very much like the current wave of pop music. Not my personal cup of tea, but I'm sure it will be a commercial success.

Do people actually compose lyrics like these, or is there some sort of software now that rearranges a pool of words to provide that generic Kesha/Black Eyed Peas style?
Hahaha,cool idea btw,you should develop and copyright that software!
Old 14th September 2011
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Cool. I hope the single does well. Nice beats & video.
Old 14th September 2011
  #5
Gear Guru
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but the mix sounds like two synths and a load of fx returns solo'd on the desk .....the whole track, bar the two synths is wet pure, especially the vocal sounds totally fx pre send, no original signal. Bit much for me, but nevertheless I wish you every success.
Old 14th September 2011
  #6
Gear Maniac
 
Ericdestler's Avatar
 

Well,that's impossible.Must be some kind of mess up in your speakers/youtube/connection...
Old 14th September 2011
  #7
Gear Guru
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 

Sorry, must be youtube. Good luck man!
Old 14th September 2011
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Simonator's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericdestler View Post
Hahaha,cool idea btw,you should develop and copyright that software!
If anyone is good at coding, I can provide the words/phrases:

* Everybody move
* Get on the dance-floor
* Mazel tof
* Now is the time
* Yeah
* C'mon
* Tonight/night
* Drink
* Party people
* Your body
* I'm a gay fish
* Get higher
* I want to see you groove
* Sexy
* Pump it up
* London to Ibiza
* Gonna rock it
* Feel the love

Personally, I miss the old days... when people like the Spice Girls used to at least spend half an hour on their lyrics :-O


EDIT:

* Makin' love in da club
Old 15th September 2011
  #9
Lives for gear
 
atma's Avatar
don't forget "makin' love in da club!"
Old 15th September 2011
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Simonator's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
don't forget "makin' love in da club!"
Fixed
Old 15th September 2011
  #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
If anyone is good at coding, I can provide the words/phrases:
lol! I'll have a crack at this over the weekend, just for fun.

Don't mean to hijack the thread..


@OP: Cool track, not my style personally but congrats on your single and good luck! Pozdrav iz Montreala
Old 15th September 2011
  #12
Nice track. Very commercial, but still has something cool in it. Especially that the refrain is NOT overloaded and filter opened up with long releases makes it pretty cool to me heh

Good luck!
Old 15th September 2011
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Simonator's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsample View Post
lol! I'll have a crack at this over the weekend, just for fun.

Don't mean to hijack the thread..
The Keshanator is born!!

If you actually do it, please start a new thread, and send me a PM ;-)
Old 15th September 2011
  #14
Gear Maniac
 
Ericdestler's Avatar
 

ok,get i get some % from the income. I started this thread
Old 15th September 2011
  #15
Awesome track, nice synth work. I like the wobbly solo synth sound, very groovy. So can I have details on how you made this track? DAW, softsynths, drums program? I hear a lot of side-chain compression or is that the SSL working it's magic?

I'm typically an outboard synth guy mixing on PT, but recently discovered Ableton and VST ITB synths and am really digging that vibe for dance/trance music. My latest test run will be to finialize a track in Ableton, stem it out to PT for a mix and see how is compares to my outboard tracks. I'm still in the discovery process on VSTs and am really digging the Arturia synths, Korg Legacy Poly six, Imposcar, Absynth and a few others. I suppose I still have a few more of the big name softsynths to check out.

Any info would be great, again, very cool track and congrats on your success.
Old 15th September 2011
  #16
Gear Maniac
 
Ericdestler's Avatar
 

Thanks! Here's what i used in this track

Daw - Logic 9
Au synths - Sylenth1,Nexus2,D-Squad,NI Battery for drums
Au plugins - logic Plugs,Waves rennesance eq & comp and Vengeance multiband sidechain on synths and bass
Samples - Vengeance,Mutekki
Converters - Prism Sound ADA-8xr
Mixing - SSL AWS SE+ analog console
Outboard :
On vocals- LA2A for compression,Bricasti m7 for reverb,Lexicon PCM 70 v2.0 for a little delay
On drums - SPL Transient designer 4 and small amount of non-lin AMS RMX16 preset on snare & claps,Elysia M-Pressor on drumbus
SSL G buss compressor & Maselec MEA-2 on master bus

One vocal take.All backing vocals are from NI Reaktor/The Mouth
The track was mastered by Gregor Z
Old 16th September 2011
  #17
Here for the gear
Nice sounding kick, and the synth chords are perfectly in place. Nice work, I feel a little LMFAO influence anyway very good sounding mix, I hope you have succes with it. The club in the video is at Pag?!
I'm intrested to experiment some scratchin like sound what i hear in your music as well started at 2:27, would you deatal a lite bit of techniq? it's just let glide the sound between octaves or more?
Old 16th September 2011
  #18
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa
 
Don Solaris's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericdestler View Post
My new single is coming out tomorrow on all major platforms, iTunes,Beatport..etc for Exklusive Records.
Dude, good work. And now the advice of a lifetime:

Add a "DJ" prefix to your artist name.

The track is perfect to originate from someone like DJ Eric Destler. Seriously.
Old 16th September 2011
  #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Dude, good work. And now the advice of a lifetime:

Add a "DJ" prefix to your artist name.

The track is perfect to originate from someone like DJ Eric Destler. Seriously.
Kinda true.

Or MC Eric Destler sounds also good.
Old 16th September 2011
  #20
Gear Maniac
 
Ericdestler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takacspeter View Post
Nice sounding kick, and the synth chords are perfectly in place. Nice work, I feel a little LMFAO influence anyway very good sounding mix, I hope you have succes with it. The club in the video is at Pag?!
I'm intrested to experiment some scratchin like sound what i hear in your music as well started at 2:27, would you deatal a lite bit of techniq? it's just let glide the sound between octaves or more?
Thanks. That "scratching" sound is actually very simple square/saw waveform played between octaves with glide and small amount of portamento. To get that effect sound should be monophonic. This one in the track was preset from Nexus2 bit modified as far as i remember.

p.s. Yes, video was shoot on Island of Pag, Club Papaya on Zrce beach
Old 16th September 2011
  #21
Gear Maniac
 
Ericdestler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Dude, good work. And now the advice of a lifetime:

Add a "DJ" prefix to your artist name.

The track is perfect to originate from someone like DJ Eric Destler. Seriously.
Thanks my friend. well, i actually use this artistic name for 6 years and have some signed contracts under this name so its little bit too late. However maybe some record company will give me $ 1 million $ to change my name to DJ Eric Destler because they feel its better for marketing purposes. In that case what can i say, they know better, right ?
Old 16th September 2011
  #22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericdestler View Post
Thanks my friend. well, i actually use this artistic name for 6 years and have some signed contracts under this name so its little bit too late. However maybe some record company will give me $ 1 million $ to change my name to DJ Eric Destler because they feel its better for marketing purposes. In that case what can i say, they know better, right ?

Or just start DJing, Serato makes it easy heh
Old 20th September 2011
  #23
Lives for gear
 
dhollmusik's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
Do people actually compose lyrics like these, or is there some sort of software now that rearranges a pool of words to provide that generic Kesha/Black Eyed Peas style?
For the sake of clarity...



World, stop for us tonight
Time to make it right
Take it down,
put your hands up
Hey, everybody move
Music makes you groove
Baby rock your body
To the beat now
World, stop for us tonight
Let go all for your pride
Feel the love,
Feel the heat, yeah
Hey, let yourself let go
I'll make you feel the flow
Me and an you
And the dancefloor
We're on fire
We're on fire
Come up the floor
Let your body do the show
Make them move, feel the groove
Come on, baby
Here we go
Do it one by one
Do it two by two
Spinning round and round
I'm addicted to the sound
Come up the floor
Let your body do the show
Make them move, feel the groove
Come on, baby
Here we go
Do it one by one
Do it two by two
Spinning round and round
I'm addicted to the sound
'Cause love takes us higher
And we burn like fire
We burn...
World, stop for us tonight
Time to make it right
Take it down,
put your hands up
Hey, everybody move
Music makes you groove
Baby rock your body
To the beat now
Fire, Fire, Fire
Fire, Fire, Fire
We're on fire



Copyright 2011: Franka Batelic, Eric Destler and the robot monkeys.
Old 20th September 2011
  #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhollmusik View Post
For the sake of clarity...



World, stop for us tonight
Time to make it right
Take it down,
put your hands up
Hey, everybody move
Music makes you groove
Baby rock your body
To the beat now
World, stop for us tonight
Let go all for your pride
Feel the love,
Feel the heat, yeah
Hey, let yourself let go
I'll make you feel the flow
Me and an you
And the dancefloor
We're on fire
We're on fire
Come up the floor
Let your body do the show
Make them move, feel the groove
Come on, baby
Here we go
Do it one by one
Do it two by two
Spinning round and round
I'm addicted to the sound
Come up the floor
Let your body do the show
Make them move, feel the groove
Come on, baby
Here we go
Do it one by one
Do it two by two
Spinning round and round
I'm addicted to the sound
'Cause love takes us higher
And we burn like fire
We burn...
World, stop for us tonight
Time to make it right
Take it down,
put your hands up
Hey, everybody move
Music makes you groove
Baby rock your body
To the beat now
Fire, Fire, Fire
Fire, Fire, Fire
We're on fire



Copyright 2011: Franka Batelic, Eric Destler and the robot monkeys.
It misses "clap" & "bass" heh
Old 16th October 2011
  #25
Gear Maniac
 
Ericdestler's Avatar
 

track got into "annual 2011 ministry of sound" compilation !
Old 16th October 2011
  #26
congrats!

not my cup o' tea, not sure what is...but done well
Old 16th October 2011
  #27
Old 16th October 2011
  #28
Lives for gear
 
evosilica's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhollmusik View Post
For the sake of clarity...



World, stop for us tonight
Time to make it right
Take it down,
put your hands up
Hey, everybody move
Music makes you groove
Baby rock your body
To the beat now
World, stop for us tonight
Let go all for your pride
Feel the love,
Feel the heat, yeah
Hey, let yourself let go
I'll make you feel the flow
Me and an you
And the dancefloor
We're on fire
We're on fire
Come up the floor
Let your body do the show
Make them move, feel the groove
Come on, baby
Here we go
Do it one by one
Do it two by two
Spinning round and round
I'm addicted to the sound
Come up the floor
Let your body do the show
Make them move, feel the groove
Come on, baby
Here we go
Do it one by one
Do it two by two
Spinning round and round
I'm addicted to the sound
'Cause love takes us higher
And we burn like fire
We burn...
World, stop for us tonight
Time to make it right
Take it down,
put your hands up
Hey, everybody move
Music makes you groove
Baby rock your body
To the beat now
Fire, Fire, Fire
Fire, Fire, Fire
We're on fire



Copyright 2011: Franka Batelic, Eric Destler and the robot monkeys.
Is this made with the keshanator? just kidding heh

congrats for your success!!!!
Old 18th November 2011
  #29
Gear Maniac
 
Ericdestler's Avatar
 

a small bump just to say thanks to all supporters! Almost 400.000 views in 5 weeks ! Out now for Kontor !
Old 18th November 2011
  #30
Kontor? Nice, it seems you had a success heh

Let me know if you need a remix for your next project
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump