The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DIAMETRO's Electronic Cabaret Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

DIAMETRO's Electronic Cabaret

Here's my relatively new album ...

DIAMETRO'S ELECTRONIC CABARET

The songs are NOT in order at Bandcamp (and downloads are free if you'd like) ...

... there's nine songs totalling about 25 minutes ... but if you'd rather just listen to my favorites, they are Ode to a Vampire and Another Vampire Song ...

As for synth content ... I tried to and eding up using my JP8 the most on the tracks ... So if it sounds synthy, it's probably the JP8 ... However, JP6 is fairly well-represented as well ... but it's actually been many months since this was initially recorded so the details are a little sketchy now ... (Possible JP6 sounds would be of the higher-frequency kind most likely ... ) One of these days I'll try and go through the prominent sounds and categorize them ... The mic is an AKG C214 going straight into my MOTU 828 mkii and recorded in Logic Express 8 ... (I also used a Reflexion Filter when recording the vocals ...)

Oher synths used include V-Synth (basses, guitars) ... Fantom X with SRX expansions (pianos, strings) ... and Korg ER-1 with dual KP3s for precussion ... The last track, INTERMISSION, is a compendium of synth ditties, some of which go waaaay back ... So there's some synths in there I no longer have including Juno-60 and Alesis Fusion (most prominently on the "Little House on the Prarie" cover ... )

If you want to listen to them in order ...

Killer's Theme
Euro Theme (Which Direction?)
Cabaret
NuPopSong
Time, So Much Time ...
Ode to a Vampire
Pray for Me (Greg Raymer)
Another Vampire Song
INTERMISSION

In general, I'm fairly pleased with the results ... Although I have about the twice the material ready to go for a new album that I feel will take my production to another level ...

The other thing that's notable about the material is that I can play all the songs live ... which is in stark contrast to my last effort, which I was also pleased with, but couldn't really do a lick with in public ... In the intervening five-plus years I've been teaching myself how to be a live musician ...

Thanks for listening ...
Old 12th September 2011
nice songs, i like them
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Thank you, Mr. Bonz ... Much appreciated ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search