The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
House Muzak! Modular Synthesizers
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

House Muzak!

One of my first attempts at house?

New for new.

http://db.tt/vOTAWsw
Old 9th September 2011
Great melodies as usual bro!

Might be a bit busy in places for the dancefloor imo. Strip it back a tad maybe, just my personal opinion.

Old 12th September 2011
Yeah, great melodies. I agree with msl

The first thing that jumped into my ears was the kick. Take another one, that suits the style and the mix better. It also has a long decay/release, shorter could be better.

As msl said, strip it down. I'd fill a break with all sounds, to build it up.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

You are psychic deft!

This was the first time I've ever spent any amount of time fussing with a kick mainly because in my normal electronica stuff the kick tends to play second fiddle to a bunch of other things, but in my new little world of house making .... not so much!

I have a very specific type of house kick I love the most and I tried to create it in this song but I everytime I got the tone and roundness I wanted the release always felt too long just as you pointed out.

Oh well, practice makes perfect, that's the benefit of writing multiple tracks a day.

Thanks for the props on the melodies guys, I suppose for better or worse (and no matter what style I try) the melodic aspect of things tend to be my hallmark.

I'll trade some piano training/ability to pull a never ending stream of melodic ideas out of my bum for some drum training!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 12th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftd View Post
You are psychic deft!

This was the first time I've ever spent any amount of time fussing with a kick mainly because in my normal electronica stuff the kick tends to play second fiddle to a bunch of other things, but in my new little world of house making .... not so much!

I have a very specific type of house kick I love the most and I tried to create it in this song but I everytime I got the tone and roundness I wanted the release always felt too long just as you pointed out.
heh

Maybe it's easier to just sample the right kick
My 2 cents for your kick: Don't use a 909-stylish kick for this kind of music. Try a 808-ish one, deeper rounder ... just more oumph
Old 12th September 2011
sftd check your pm's.

Old 13th September 2011
I agree with the above. Try another kick - I was expecting deep and dark techno with the first one.

Otherwise the melody is great and the mix sounds very tight and upfront.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search