The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Invader! - WTF (Original Mix) Dynamics Plugins
Old 8th September 2011
Invader! - WTF (Original Mix)

You've probably heard this one from my sig but I figured I'd post it here as well.

First original mix ever! Synths used were ACE, Strobe, Nexus, Moog LP and FRXS. Some Ohmicide may have been involved.

Out now on Royal One Records: Invader! - WTF (Original Mix) :: Beatport
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

damn, awesome. Sounds like deadmau5
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Sounds great! You definitely nailed the current beatport electro house sound!
Old 9th September 2011
Hey man

Just wanted to post again and say how big of a fan I am of this song. Sick track Yes it's got that "modern beatport electro house" sound, but I also hear the beginnings of unique, original sound. Looking forwards to the album
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict

Nice mixing on your tracks. WTF is tight for sure.

Do you master itb, or send it out?
Old 11th September 2011
AvS
Lives for gear
Sorry but i could not listen to it! Would love to hear a less crushed version but this is completely absurd.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Doesn't sound too crushed to me. I would love if my productions were like this...it does however sound WAY too similar to deadmau5's Word Problems + City In Florida and some other song I can't quite place...from the intro to the breakdown :[
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

Wow awesome track!
Old 14th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardi Gras View Post
damn, awesome. Sounds like deadmau5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Greenway View Post
Sounds great! You definitely nailed the current beatport electro house sound!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunshui View Post
Hey man

Just wanted to post again and say how big of a fan I am of this song. Sick track Yes it's got that "modern beatport electro house" sound, but I also hear the beginnings of unique, original sound. Looking forwards to the album
Thanks guys! I'm thinking of putting out an EP with this a couple more tracks if the label is up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Gotta Gun View Post
Nice mixing on your tracks. WTF is tight for sure.

Do you master itb, or send it out?
Mastered myself, I mix with a hp filter at 20hz and a limiter with lots of gain haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvS View Post
Sorry but i could not listen to it! Would love to hear a less crushed version but this is completely absurd.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but you are the only person that has said it is too loud or crushed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekohler View Post
Doesn't sound too crushed to me. I would love if my productions were like this...it does however sound WAY too similar to deadmau5's Word Problems + City In Florida and some other song I can't quite place...from the intro to the breakdown :[
I don't hear the ressemblance at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briangomez View Post
Wow awesome track!
Thank you!
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

I like the crusty dirty edge to this!
Old 14th September 2011
Another serious song from u OHMICIDE ....
U or the label should really go for at least a maxi with your songs ...
Again great job ...

PEACE

MORDICUS
Old 19th September 2011
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

I always like your stuff. Keep it up.

Just a thought: More melodic content on top? Your grooves are great but I never remember any melodies the next day. Dirty melodies that fit the attitude of the groove.
Old 27th September 2011
Damn, over 10,000 plays on SoundCloud!
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I like the crusty dirty edge to this!
Crusty?

Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

lol ^^^^

Crazy track man! Punchy as hell as usual! Congrats on the views, that's awesome. On your way to 11.

Mix is loud and clear. I've listened to this on my speakers and headphones and both ways sound great. The synth work on this track is wicked. I dig the rhythmic bass and stabby synths. Very percussive. I'm a sucker for percussive bass synths. Also really dig the 'squiggly' synth sounds, sort of like scratching (not sure what else to call them lol). The only criticism I have is the slap bass. I'm not loving the slap bass (outside of funk music it's really hard for me to love slap bass), though it's such a minor part of the song and as a whole the track is great. Very hard hitting. Nicely done sir!

Say, are you synthesizing your own kicks and snares?? Your drums always have a one f$%K hell of a punch-you-in-the-face! FRXS perhaps??
Old 27th September 2011
Thank man! I'm not synthesizing my kicks and snares. I put the ones I use now a days together with many samples processed and layered together. The kick has different samples for snap, body, mids (acoustic kick from SSD) and room (same as mids). Same with the snare except those are offset for the sucked in splat kinda sound but yet still snappy. In other cases like DnB/Dubstep tracks, I also layer a white noise hi hat with a hall reverb on top of the snare. Processing, levels and sometimes even the samples, change throughout different tracks. I like the samples I've come up with and how versatile they are, with a few changes they can go from Electro House to Dubstep to DnB so I can use them for most my tracks without having to spend countless hours making new samples.
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

right on, thanks for the reply. Well, keep doing what you're doing and keep the tracks coming! Actually, not sure if you would mind, but I remember you had posted a dub step remix of Katy Perry - Hot & Cold a while back that I really liked. I downloaded it, but lost it when I reformatted my computer. You wouldn't mind sending that out again would ya??

I find myself using your tracks (lately this one in particular) as one of my reference points for punch alot of times when I'm working on drums. Not so much that I'm after the same sound, but you've set the bar for punch for me. You and Justice that is lol. It's a level to aim for, so for that I thank you sir
Old 28th September 2011
Haha no problem man, and thanks!

Here's the Hot n' Cold remix: hot.mp3 - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

That was collab with Gearslutz.com - View Profile: Lrmusic btw and wow I just realized that was only a little more than a year ago!
Old 28th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not loving the slap bass
That's funny you said that, because it was the sound I didn't like either. If it was replaced with a digital bass that was unique, it would have been "cooler".
Old 28th September 2011
Lives for gear

NICE! Thanks! How do you make dem wobblez anywayz?? you detune two oscillators, and then what??? heh

Yeah, Jon Glass there, he had posted a nice track as well around the same time that I don't have anymore for the same reason. I think it was called Miyako. I was digging that. Anyways, thanks again!
Old 28th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid360 View Post
That's funny you said that, because it was the sound I didn't like either. If it was replaced with a digital bass that was unique, it would have been "cooler".
I actually started a thread asking if someone with Trilian or something similar could help me with the slap bass but no one eve replied so I just kept the Nexus one. Whatever, who cares, either way the song didn't even chart on BP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefunky1 View Post
NICE! Thanks! How do you make dem wobblez anywayz?? you detune two oscillators, and then what??? heh

Yeah, Jon Glass there, he had posted a nice track as well around the same time that I don't have anymore for the same reason. I think it was called Miyako. I was digging that. Anyways, thanks again!
Haha no problem. And the wobblez were just ACE with a bunch of distortion.
Old 28th September 2011
Lives for gear

I have to admit. This is pretty cool. What mastering plug?
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
the song didn't even chart on BP.
BP? You mean Billboard dance Charts?
Old 29th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architecture View Post
I have to admit. This is pretty cool. What mastering plug?
Thanks! I used Xenon.

Quote:
BP? You mean Billboard dance Charts?
Beatport, Electro House top 100
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Never heard of Beatport. Is that an underground chart? I used to be able to chart on the Billboard Dance Charts, because my old manager was the director of a radio station here. He would submit my work to all the Billboard dance reporters.

You got any friends at radio stations? You'll need them.
Old 29th September 2011
Quote:
Never heard of Beatport.
not sure if srs
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Couldn't be more serious when it comes to the importance of knowing someone who has connections you don't.

Seriously, the guys at my local radio stations helped me out more than you can imagine. I used to get regular rotation on the radio here.

Then came Clear Channel, who bought all the radio stations in my city. (Clear Channel: A large corporation that does not like new music that is not part of their pay system)... and it killed all my resources here when it comes to that. I would need to have much more capital to promote a single now.

After a while, even though the radio people couldn't play my music anymore, (Clear Channel tells you what to play) they still helped me with charting with their connections.
Old 13th December 2011
Are you looking for a hook for this song, I have a good one in my head, I could record it for your release.

I'm talking about at 1:45, I could sing a hook right there.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search