The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Feedback welcome. Srsly I need a pair of fresh ears
Old 9th April 2019
Here for the gear

Feedback welcome. Srsly I need a pair of fresh ears

If you got a minute, pls check either or both of those tracks. I'm eager to improve and would very much appreciate your opinion.

Let's Do It Twice by 7177 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Circle Of Fifths by 7177 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

As it happens my soul is split between soft- and hardware too. Maybe a false dichotomy but I love the immediacy of hardware, but atm I feel the need to focus on doing it right using one or the other. First one is hardware, second done on a pc. Any thought on that are welcome too. (:
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Nut

I think the pc ambient track is better. The first track feels like repetitive programming with a simple sound. The ambient track has much better texture. Im not a fan of either style but I can appreciate what your trying to do.
Old 24th April 2019
Here for the gear

Thx for the feedback, I think you're actually right. The ambient stuff is more polished. I loathe making music with mouse and keyboard, but the results are arguably better. What a conundrum /:
Old 24th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7177 View Post
Thx for the feedback, I think you're actually right. The ambient stuff is more polished. I loathe making music with mouse and keyboard, but the results are arguably better. What a conundrum /:
This is simply because you have the luxury of correcting any little thing or tweaking this or that however you want. With hardware you have to get it right the first time and that only comes from practice, repetition, and planning.
Old 25th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood View Post
This is simply because you have the luxury of correcting any little thing or tweaking this or that however you want. With hardware you have to get it right the first time and that only comes from practice, repetition, and planning.

True, though I might add that my hardware stuff are basically recorded jams touched up in a DAW, and I .....n e v e r get it right the first time. Not yet. So, retakes ftw! (;
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7177 View Post
True, though I might add that my hardware stuff are basically recorded jams touched up in a DAW, and I .....n e v e r get it right the first time. Not yet. So, retakes ftw! (;
Most of what I do is also played into the DAW. I rarely get it right the first time as well. Few people do.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search