The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByNugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Anybody have or know where I can find some boxing ring footsteps? I need to accent and recreate parts of an amateur fight. There...

Jesse Peterson
replies: 5 views: 1,349
Mr.Mann 13th May 2015

Hi. Any advice how to keep track of sfx during a project when working with several sound editors?

yazoo
replies: 23 views: 2,782
Ilari Sivil 11th May 2015

hi guys. Starting to get into surround sound. Are there options for a surround sound stick/pad/device for pan control to add to...

stoltz
replies: 5 views: 977
stoltz 11th May 2015

Sound & Picture is celebrating its fifth birthday this year and is giving away 50,000 free lifetime digital only...

The Press Desk
replies: 0 views: 583
The Press Desk 11th May 2015

Slutz ASSEMBLE My friend needs your help, he's down to the final 3 to have his sound effects used in a film and now its down to...

agiovanni
replies: 4 views: 774
Thomas W. Bethe 11th May 2015

Hello, I do not much post work but a filmmaker friend of mine has asked me to help him out with a troublesome recording he...

BattleCatRoots
replies: 5 views: 691
BattleCatRoots 11th May 2015

Hi, This is for an upcoming important TV Series.. I am getting the tracks, what i need to do is to balance and mix the...

zak7
replies: 16 views: 2,440
Fredo 11th May 2015

Hi Can someone explain how to create this effect, seen in this scene. its the effect of the voice of the police officer -...

simsung
replies: 3 views: 733
LFlood 9th May 2015

Hi Gang, Anyone know of a repair guru in the LA area for my trusty Zephyr? It exhibiting some odd behavior - self-generated...

[email protected]
replies: 3 views: 601
mikevarela 9th May 2015

How do you guys do it? I usually use the VLC app to throw mixes to my smartphone via the browser interface. But I was...

audionym
replies: 4 views: 778
cebolao 8th May 2015

We have decided to start a film production business. Right now we are a recording studio and in the past we have done a fair bit...

The Byre
replies: 14 views: 1,951
vudoo 7th May 2015

There is not a day that goes by that I do not learn something new on this forum. Just wanted to say that for a very long time....

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 6 views: 770
Thomas W. Bethe 7th May 2015

Does anyone plan to come and visit 138th International AES Convention in Warsaw? (7-10May). Perhaps it would be a great...

Kuba_Pietrzak
replies: 2 views: 558
danijel 7th May 2015

When you are on a project that doesn't have a composer scoring to picture, what Music Libraries do you use? Thanks.

michael c
replies: 6 views: 817
Fredo 7th May 2015

Hey all, I'm doing post for a documentary about a road trip along the Ho Chi Minh Highway, from Vinh in Vietnam southward...

tom chapman
replies: 3 views: 587
charles maynes 7th May 2015

Ok, I'm totally new to 5.1 recording and doing some testing soon with the AT4050 ST to record piano track in MS mode. As...

jwelsh
replies: 0 views: 511
jwelsh 6th May 2015

Hi all, I was wondering what do I need in order to be able to monitor each individual speaker of a 5.1 array using a Focusrite...

aeqm
replies: 11 views: 1,015
ggegan 6th May 2015

Hi guys I dont have enough cash to buy a dedicated convo verb for post duties at the moment.. But i do already have...

RedEyeJedi
replies: 5 views: 2,630
Ilari Sivil 6th May 2015

Hi, all... I'm new around here. So glad I finally found this forum! I'm gonna thank you all in advance.. Cause I know I'm...

Boussani
replies: 32 views: 10,124
michaelleemahan 6th May 2015

Pet Peeves

We all know post people like to complain. :) What about sharing some of your favorite pet peeves? Here are mine: - editors...

shock
replies: 55 views: 4,696
lemix 6th May 2015

I mean really... they make a sketch on a paper and then put their speakers anywhere they want and then give it a name something...

Eq_1084
replies: 12 views: 1,618
MusicTrax 5th May 2015

So every now and then when i hit CMMD numeric 9 to open up the video window it only highlights the window tab in the menus up top...

DBK777
replies: 0 views: 453
DBK777 5th May 2015

Hi there, so I've come up against a couple of boxing scenes in my latest foley job and I'm wondering would any of you guys have...

8bitantique
replies: 4 views: 1,047
ggegan 5th May 2015

A question has been in my head for a long time during editing. We all know the dialogue target level is -12db for normal...

zrichli
replies: 11 views: 1,002
ggegan 5th May 2015

I love ProTools. I've been a loyal user for many, many years, and I've paid AVID lots of $$$$. I know the software inside out....

shock
replies: 390 views: 20,164
Bob Olhsson 4th May 2015

Maybe this will help somebody out. Let me know if anyone can confirm as a bug or not. I've emailed INA detailing the...

mixboy bob
replies: 1 views: 557
Nick Hamilton 4th May 2015

Hi there :) First thing first, I don't know if it is the proper place to start this thread, I could have started it in the...

Absinth
replies: 4 views: 984
Absinth 4th May 2015
replies: - views: -
tom chapman 4th May 2015

Hey hey, I have a friend looking for an ADR stage in Las Vegas........any recommendations? Thanks in advance!!!

JoeMilner
replies: 3 views: 472
JoeMilner 4th May 2015

Hello gentlemen, I am currently editing the sound on a documentary, (of course due tomorrow night), and was thrown the left...

lestermagneto
replies: 32 views: 2,354
soundboy 3rd May 2015

Anybody have any real-world experience using this plugin as a multi-band expander for noise issues? Looking for something...

Sonichead
replies: 5 views: 4,882
akinla 2nd May 2015

hi all. Is there a network that has specs that cover both simultaneously? Obviously the dialnorm should match the metadata...

huub
replies: 5 views: 1,766
Farhoof 1st May 2015

Just upgraded my old cheesegrater to a new trashcan Mac Pro, still running PT 10, and needless to say there are no firewire ports...

dedmoss
replies: 12 views: 1,908
OneThousandBirds 1st May 2015

I've confused myself about the process for syncing the production dialogue in post. Does the picture editor start editing the...

M.L.
replies: 9 views: 1,333
M.L. 1st May 2015

I have a client that regularly sends me OMF files of video edits to clean up and mix the audio. These sessions are already at...

Justin P.
replies: 17 views: 1,227
ggegan 1st May 2015

This should be of interest to many. From: MUSIC Group: News

Dan Smith
replies: 7 views: 1,256
charles maynes 30th April 2015

Hi! I'm currently working on a bunch of TV ads and have requested the audio spec from the station they will air on. Problem is,...

qubi
replies: 13 views: 862
mattiasnyc 30th April 2015

Hi all Im in a couple of cover bands and Im trying to figure out various possibilities on how to record on the fly demos video...

Tombolino
replies: 7 views: 1,211
rocksure 29th April 2015

HELP!!!! Just got back another version of a picture cut and the syn is inconsistent. The new vid.. the Audio starts out about a...

TJacks24
replies: 3 views: 590
rgarvinsound 28th April 2015

Could someone in the know PLEASE give me the final how too on conversion. I've read so many thread that all seam to differ. I...

PMedia
replies: 34 views: 9,162
jakssa 28th April 2015

I'm amazed to report that in over 25 years of audio post work, I was today sent my first PAL video. The client hasn't yet told me...

seanmccoy
replies: 9 views: 747
nzl62 28th April 2015

What do I deliver the client? OMF? AAF? WAV files? Pro Tools sessions? I recorded in PT11 using playlists. Thanks.

asterix2k10
replies: 7 views: 1,009
SoundWeavers 28th April 2015

I hope the strike though in Nuendo works in the title! ;) I as going to post this in the other topic but thought maybe it...

matt82aust
replies: 14 views: 2,260
[email protected] 27th April 2015

I write this with nothing but humility and respect for the Post Industry. That being said: I went to audio school and spent...

smoothjazz
replies: 53 views: 3,190
JohnOmix 27th April 2015

edit: nevermind i was confusing myself. Looked back in my notes and got it now.

DBK777
replies: 2 views: 913
DBK777 27th April 2015

Very new to audio for video so forgive me if this is an easy/noob question.. But I was just wondering what some techniques in...

DBK777
replies: 0 views: 462
DBK777 26th April 2015

My first time delivering audio for tv standard ebu r128 for -23 Lufa Using waves wlm I went through the program material...

Littlemart
replies: 20 views: 1,662
kosmokrator 25th April 2015

Hey all, I just edited and mixed a short film where the director was extremely keen on obtaining the truest perspective for...

Ovalroaster
replies: 13 views: 1,570
ggegan 25th April 2015

How much Mac do I need for an HDX system? I assume I don't need the fastest, or the latest because the card is supposed to do the...

soundboy
replies: 7 views: 833
thierryd 25th April 2015

Hi all, hope someone can help. I recently did a hookup from Liverpool, UK to LA via ISDN for an ADR session. The talent was...

Alio 45
replies: 8 views: 712
Alio 45 25th April 2015

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search