The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,131
Views: 2,131
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey GS Community, I need recommendations for facilities to record ADR in Baton Rouge. My director will want to either...

jmdavey
replies: 2 views: 647
jmdavey 16th April 2015

Looking for any New York Area (upstate would be better) that is interested in working on a project from Rich Mays. I have the...

Brian Peters
replies: 1 views: 473
kosmokrator 16th April 2015

Hello, I'm searching reference and thoughts about voice modulation and shaping voices. I'm doing one short where one character...

Cheehad
replies: 1 views: 479
nzl62 16th April 2015

Hey guys, does anyone have information on the current state of broadcast loudness standards in place in the following...

kosmokrator
replies: 2 views: 789
[email protected] 15th April 2015

Hi, Hope you don't mind the cheeky ask. We are conducting a loudness survey to 'take the temperature' and see where the...

Jon [NuGenAudio]
replies: 3 views: 996
PeteJE 14th April 2015

Hi, I received dialogue audio where the sound mixer already decoded his fig8/cardioid to a stereo file using Stereo Link MS...

Stone21
replies: 10 views: 638
Farhoof 14th April 2015

I mix a lot of MOW type stuff that calls for 24 +/-1 with true peaks anywhere from -6 to -10. I'm constantly on the fence about...

Sndnerd
replies: 4 views: 769
Sndnerd 14th April 2015
replies: - views: -
chriskellyfilm 14th April 2015

I'm looking for small inexpensive ways to improve my modest 5.1 room. I've found the Dolby CP65 and think it may be a great way...

cananball
replies: 21 views: 1,617
Riku 14th April 2015

For all the freelance mixers/sound designers working on TV/Film… what are the ideal room specs for the current projects you're...

dmb10
replies: 20 views: 1,997
Travelers 13th April 2015

I'm starting work on the audio mixing/editing for my first big film project which is a documentary. There are lots of shots of...

ffud
replies: 12 views: 1,414
ErikG 13th April 2015

Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this but it seemed the most relevant so I apologise in advance if I...

introspectaudio
replies: 4 views: 709
ThisIsSka 12th April 2015

Hi guys Just a quick question - I'm still a bit of a newbie at this, and i am preparing dubbed tv shows for Zee TV (indian...

RedEyeJedi
replies: 6 views: 902
RedEyeJedi 11th April 2015

Hi, I am in the midst of setting up a small post studio and am trying to decide whether a mac mini maxed out in Ram will be...

Meatboy
replies: 24 views: 1,570
Dan Smith 11th April 2015

Hi! When I watch mp4 file in the project Cubase 8 Pro - Video Display is not smooth. Picture is interrupts. When I play...

schmaletz
replies: 11 views: 3,023
tom chapman 10th April 2015

I need to add another screen to view picture while I edit and mix. What are the pros and cons of using a computer monitor versus...

wilbo
replies: 6 views: 1,101
insomaniac 10th April 2015

Varazuvi California Foley™ is our new foley sound effects VST plugin. It's designed to be used with your existing DAW...

Varazuvi
replies: 4 views: 1,925
Andygo 9th April 2015

Hi, I want to prepare some high quality audio files for mobile users consumption. My audience will be using (standard)...

ishiber
replies: 6 views: 1,752
kosmokrator 8th April 2015

Hey Slutz, is anyone finding RX's Leveler useful? So far the results I'm getting are not what i was hoping for. I've messed a bit...

nathand
replies: 6 views: 1,364
nathand 8th April 2015

Hi all!! Looking for a Blue D Command fader pack ASAP. Let me know if you have one you want to part with! Thanks, Rob...

mixboy bob
replies: 4 views: 1,116
ised8emc5 8th April 2015

What do you guys usually do for big monster footsteps creation? I have this big rock golem that slowly walks towards the camera,...

Juanpa
replies: 3 views: 833
Juanpa 7th April 2015

I just looked trough the internet, forums... but i didn't find any books (i checked a lot) about team work in the audio post...

bohitomi
replies: 6 views: 751
apple-q 7th April 2015

I have a problem with mixing ambience and Foley recordings regarding noise floor. Everything is recorded with one akg 451 B mic...

onlymnml
replies: 2 views: 1,105
Ilari Sivil 6th April 2015

Hi, I'm curious when you mix a movie without a lot of sfx, how many tracks (on average) do you end up using in pro tools? And...

eddie_fm
replies: 17 views: 2,149
psycho_monkey 6th April 2015

Hi guys, I am working on a feature film. Now as far as I am aware, and pretty much sure, Dialogues for film, music and...

xecutionist007
replies: 6 views: 3,062
Blake Eiseman 6th April 2015

I don't know if it's news for anyone here, but RTW released some time ago a software suite called Mastering suite. Basically it's...

tamasdragon
replies: 1 views: 896
kosmokrator 5th April 2015

Hi, I'm new to this. I'm sure that this has been covered in some way, but it's been a long day and my search chops aren't very...

peterscherr
replies: 10 views: 961
peterscherr 5th April 2015

Hi guys I was wondering if you had any experience to work in or with RB Media House postproduction studios or are there any...

madcult
replies: 3 views: 648
shock 4th April 2015

Hello, on a short film I work on there is a classic shot/reverse shot conversation. Unfortunately, one person sits under a lamp...

rooby
replies: 23 views: 1,571
Chef Mixer 3rd April 2015

Cross post from DUC in the hopes to get some more eyes on this… Hi All - Having a weird issue I hope is just operator error...

Nirvana5253
replies: 4 views: 601
JoeMilner 3rd April 2015

This one is most likely to end up on its own site online. Is 5.1 easily streamable these days? cheers

Mundox
replies: 10 views: 918
ThisIsSka 3rd April 2015

Hello, Does anyone have experience mixing MS stereo recorded ambiance tracks in 5.1 mix? I will be doing a post for a indie...

kca
replies: 33 views: 2,581
Fredo 3rd April 2015

Prosound Network: Yamaha Merges Pro Audio Businesses

charles maynes
replies: 1 views: 658
Thomas W. Bethe 3rd April 2015

Hello, Our clip gain normalizer for Pro Tools is updated to v1.5, we added the RMS option. Defaulter analyzes the clip and...

Mundox
replies: 2 views: 1,120
Mundox 3rd April 2015
replies: 0 views: 395
asterix2k10 2nd April 2015

I am using a Neumann TLM-193 mic, and mostly am doing ADR and the occasional voiceover and tracking vocals for music. The Avalon...

asterix2k10
replies: 27 views: 2,385
asterix2k10 1st April 2015

In the end credit roll of a motion picture, in the Soundtrack section, when you have something like: Cold Day in...

danijel
replies: 6 views: 3,160
Whitecat 1st April 2015

I have a piece of music licensed to use for ending title credits. There is a pause of silence in the music before the shout...

rothmusic
replies: 4 views: 502
rothmusic 31st March 2015

Hey everyone! So I'm working on a feature film (split into reels), and the mixer and I kind of have a workflow for this, but...

dr.proctor
replies: 3 views: 1,224
cananball 31st March 2015

I am a stereo/music guy - so please go easy on me, if I am a little off in my understanding and terminology. As this is...

audiothings
replies: 2 views: 1,875
cananball 31st March 2015

Hi Folks, I've got a very cool podcaster that needs a little help on de-essing / vocal compression and light...

dbluefield
replies: 1 views: 470
ptfigg 30th March 2015

What do you do with recordings where the source is moving around a lot screwing with the phase? Is there are phase repair tool...

replies: 7 views: 850
142977 29th March 2015

Hey guys, I'm mainly mixing and mastering music but have some dialogue restauration to do on a film project (documentation). I...

soundgeezer
replies: 3 views: 564
soundgeezer 28th March 2015

I had a very strange day trying to deal with what seems to be a new style of dialog editing by picture editors using Premiere. I...

philper
replies: 69 views: 3,031
ggegan 28th March 2015

I am trying to process the audio track in some H.264 encoded files. I have tried dozens of converters, splitters and "try...

Nonlinear
replies: 3 views: 1,047
Nonlinear 27th March 2015

With Final Cut going the consumer route, I'm receiving more and more OMFs from Premiere Pro. So far, here's what does not work...

shock
replies: 14 views: 1,258
ramil 27th March 2015

Anyone know of an ADR studio in Columbus, Ohio? preferably one with ISDN capability. Thanks! Roland

Roland Heap
replies: 2 views: 512
jfmagnetic 26th March 2015

Everybody duck. Are there any really post-centric features to this? The sharing looks ike it could be useful, does it work on...

iluvcapra
replies: 34 views: 3,893
tom chapman 25th March 2015

Anyone tried Elephant 4.1 for voiceover compression? I followed Frank Lockwood's suggestion from the Voxengo forum and checked...

david1103
replies: 1 views: 687
David W. Jones 25th March 2015

I've seen a couple threads about the Darth Vader voice before around, but I'm interested in something a bit more specific. I've...

Krow147
replies: 3 views: 793
Ilari Sivil 25th March 2015

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search